• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $200 I would have gotten the Jingle bell mok but a 33% increase in 2 years no thanks.

Yeah, I'm dying to get the Jingle Bell Mok. We here are among the few people willing to pay $199 for a novelty shoe that will only be worn a few times. I'd buy them at $199, even though my wife would give me a lot of grief for the purchase. But at $299, I'm going to pass. We're far out of novelty shoe territory at that price. During the better sales, shell seconds are only about $50 more. I'm a reasonable person, and I want the people with whom I do business to make a profit. But $299 is ridiculous and it just isn't going to happen, there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of money for a novelty item.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My JBM’s get a ton of wear from Thanksgiving-Christmas (like, 3-4 times a week easy), so for $199 they were a great purchase. $299 is ridiculous.

Also, I saw the comment about the college custom Neumoks- those were $199 as well.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to share!
IMG_3747.jpg
Courtesy of @Nobleprofessor from the Vintage Thread.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the modeling isn't necessary. We just need a proper casting of his feet. Then, we can cut each of his current pairs (primarily the Aldens that prompted this) in to sections so as to observe how his feet fit. ;D
Pinky toe removal?

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mok Monday!

1105180842~2.jpg

1105181343~2.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm dying to get the Jingle Bell Mok. We here are among the few people willing to pay $199 for a novelty shoe that will only be worn a few times. I'd buy them at $199, even though my wife would give me a lot of grief for the purchase. But at $299, I'm going to pass. We're far out of novelty shoe territory at that price. During the better sales, shell seconds are only about $50 more. I'm a reasonable person, and I want the people with whom I do business to make a profit. But $299 is ridiculous and it just isn't going to happen, there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of money for a novelty item.
I actually wear them year round. The red and green are muted enough they don't scream Christmas like the old Shelton versions (which I really f'n wanted when I first discovered them in 08?), so I wear them with chinos and jeans as a different casual spectator.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One off MTO in a 4 eyelet blucher by Allen Edmonds in Color 4!! I was told that color 4 was never used in any shell shoes that AE ever made, save for this one. I've taken photos next to my Leeds in burgundy shell for comparison of color and last! Any guesses on the last? :fonz:

They came out of the box like this and haven't had any VSC or brushing, which they probably need since I think they're a few years old.

View attachment 1065110 View attachment 1065111 View attachment 1065112 View attachment 1065113 View attachment 1065114 View attachment 1065115 View attachment 1065116 View attachment 1065117 View attachment 1065118 View attachment 1065119 View attachment 1065120

Independence lining and wheeled edges with JR soles. Looks like a natural/antique edge to me with a flat welt. The piece of shell used is massive and looks darn near perfect and free of flaws or scratches.
Enjoy.

It confirms they'll fit me. ;)

@ProfilaBinding @madhat So to answer the question of what type of shoe this is... The box say it's a "Rawlins"..... Which by my quick search shows up as a European model only, possibly Germany. I don't know or think it was ever available here and if it was, I've never seen one talked about before.

Like some said, it's basically the Kenilworth with an extra eyelet and a different last.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the vein of shoe measurements.... Alright guys, I am having some loafer trouble/concerns with the 97 last. I have a shell Randolph (11.5) and I get a little heel slip, which I think is normal with a loafer. It's not terrible slip but just a bit.

My brannock is technically 11.5D but we (Jason, never measured me in person but gave him tons of info on my feet) think my measurement otherwise qualifies me for possibly a 12C but I've been wearing a 12D with no ill effects; maybe just having to tighten the laces a bit more. I also have a brand new pair of MacNeil (shell) in 12D as well. People have said the 97 last has a larger heel cup than say the 65.

I have two pair of not broken in Graysons in 11.5D and I am getting some heel slip and I am concerned with my new revelations that the heel cup may be a bit large on this last. My heel does not come out of the shoe, but my lower volume foot (left) is getting a little bit of a flop sound as I walk.

I was able to fit in the 11.5C in Alden's Aberdeen last which is noticeably tighter in the heel and feels much more secure.

Can someone give me advice on fit with Graysons/loafers and how much heel slip in a new pair of shoes is acceptable? I am concerned once the shoe is worn in, it may become stretched out and unwearable. Not sure what to do and I still have some time for returns/exchanges.

Many, many thanks.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the vein of shoe measurements.... Alright guys, I am having some loafer trouble/concerns with the 97 last. I have a shell Randolph (11.5) and I get a little heel slip, which I think is normal with a loafer. It's not terrible slip but just a bit.

My brannock is technically 11.5D but we (Jason, never measured me in person but gave him tons of info on my feet) think my measurement otherwise qualifies me for possibly a 12C but I've been wearing a 12D with no ill effects; maybe just having to tighten the laces a bit more. I also have a brand new pair of MacNeil (shell) in 12D as well. People have said the 97 last has a larger heel cup than say the 65.

I have two pair of not broken in Graysons in 11.5D and I am getting some heel slip and I am concerned with my new revelations that the heel cup may be a bit large on this last. My heel does not come out of the shoe, but my lower volume foot (left) is getting a little bit of a flop sound as I walk.

I was able to fit in the 11.5C in Alden's Aberdeen last which is noticeably tighter in the heel and feels much more secure.

Can someone give me advice on fit with Graysons/loafers and how much heel slip in a new pair of shoes is acceptable? I am concerned once the shoe is worn in, it may become stretched out and unwearable. Not sure what to do and I still have some time for returns/exchanges.

Many, many thanks.
12C sounds like good advice. I don’t like the whoosh sound on your low volume foot. My Grayson heel slip was about an 1/8th when they were new. The slip has subsided since break in. But I did not have any flop sound ever when walking.

eagleman

Reaction score

Many, many thanks.
I have 2 pair of Graysons and both stretched some after breaking in. If they are slipping now, you might want to swap them for a different size. I have loafers in Graysons, Cody, Patriot, and Manchester’s. Grayson was the hardest to fit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads