• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed I am. It's still a guessing game with shoemakers that are not locally accessible. I want a pair of Enzo Bonafe, EG, Carmina, C&J, etc. But all I can do is ask for suggestions and send emails to the companies. That leaves a lot of room for expensive errors. So many lasts, so little time...
Truth.

pudman43

Reaction score
301EDCB3-B5E9-4229-B51D-9B7B13A90384.jpeg
Dark chili Franciscans today. Have a great ones guys. J

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day 20:
I was traveling today, with a meeting at one of our other offices. There was rain in the forecast (again!) so I went with a Dainite option.
Oak Street:
View attachment 988863

BONUS CONTENT!!!
Speaking of Oak Street, who else remembers the song “Oak Tree” by Morris Day and the Time? Anyone??? (I didn’t think so.)

Love that tune. Can't remember if it came out in 85 or 86. I just remember being dared as a Freshman at a high school dance to actually do "The Oak Tree" when the song came on.

I did. Because, "When it comes to dancin', I'm the best." Or, at least that's what I thought for about 2 glorious minutes until any chance I had at popularity spectacularly cratered. Was it worth the laugh I got from my 3 friends at the time? Oh, yes. It most certainly was.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations gents, you made it through Monday! To you retired folks, today is Tuesday - I know you sometimes lose track of what day it is...

Continuing my #walnutweek a little shout out to my former neighbors with my Barrington. (Barrington Hills, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, etc. - I miss the ‘burbs!)

View attachment 989083
Hope your day goes well!

Speaking of Tuesday....

Youve-Had-Full-Conversations-Using-Only-Supernatural-GIFs.gif

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I bought AE shoes. But I couldn't pass these up for $50.

The last gunboat McNeals looked kinda small and stubby on my feet but I am willing to go another round (in fact, the only pair I have ever sold). Something about these seems cool to me. Thom Browne also was pushing this kind of style as well.

Thoughts on these? I am wearing less black shoes than before, but I just like these. There's something about black grain LWBs.

s-l500.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I bought AE shoes. But I couldn't pass these up for $50.

The last gunboat McNeals looked kinda small and stubby on my feet but I am willing to go another round (in fact, the only pair I have ever sold). Something about these seems cool to me. Thom Browne also was pushing this kind of style as well.

Thoughts on these? I am wearing less black shoes than before, but I just like these. There's something about black grain LWBs.

s-l500.jpg
Look pretty cool to me! Notice the eyelet tab isn't touching the wing. That combined with the previous logo. What, late 90s?

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
I totally forgot to cross-post these yesterday (I did a whole long post over in the Vintage thread if you want details).
I bought these for BIN $19.95:
CGNVWwK.jpg

And turned them into these:
fOVA3WJ.jpg

agLynW6.jpg

qsrFCLR.jpg

d6aWjg9.jpg

AE MacNeils, model number 9117, made on Friday, April 2, 1993 (I love that date code trick). Only problem with the shoes is there is a crack in the wood where the sole meets the upper (3rd "after" picture).

Wait. Just perusing the thread from a few pages back . . . This is the same model I just bought. What is the trick to get the manufacture date?

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0612180951.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads