• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, sorry that happened ferret. Ma Nature can be fickle, no doubt! At least it didn't happen when you were home. I'm sure that would have been a next level crazy experience.

I think given past experiences it's a very good thing I wasn't around for the noise the neighbors described. :hide:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When it comes to the Collectors discount. From what I gather by talking with different SA’s is that a lot of stores are in the red so those stores are being watched closely. To me it is reverse logic. Your loosing money so “don’t give the store away”. But stores that make money are not watched as closely. Those SA’s can stack and make more customers for life. Reminds me of the old logic of you will get more sizes when you sell more sizes.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Snuff Suede Neumoks today. (Does this picture also count as an entry in the "Bizarre Carpet Challenge"? This is the carpet in the hotel room where I am staying until I find somewhere to live.)

Since Orvis was mentioned earlier in this thread, the cord trousers in this picture are from Orvis (a long time ago).

P1120745.JPG

Yes, I know I didn't do the best job of putting new laces in them after I picked them up after having the heels replaced.

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, usually wake up around 3:30am so get dressed and walk a few blocks to Peets Coffee & Tea at 5:00am (when they open) and have some tea and a muffin. (Breakfast doesn't start until 7:00am where I am staying.)

P1120744.jpg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, tea, a muffin, and me at Peets Coffee & Tea shortly after 5:00am this morning. (Probably should have turned the flash off before taking this picture.)

P1120742.jpg

With enough imagination, the honey bran muffin almost looks like a little Christmas Pudding.

For those who wonder who takes the pictures, both of these pictures were taken using the timer in my camera and a little octopod holding the camera to either a chair (inside Peets Coffee & Tea) or on top of a newspaper rack (outside Peets Coffee & Tea).

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Cordovan sale ends? Sorry if it’s common knowledge.

I have a pair of Patriot 2nds on the way to me, but if they don’t fit or are terrible it would be a shame if I miss out on exchanging
I believe you got till the 24th.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since there are a LOT of people in and out of this store I imagine, some of the samples were looking a little shabby. Especially the shell. They need a fresh set of display models.

Amen. My first exposure to shell was in an AE store. They looked awful. Lots of scuffs and scrapes. I guess they used that shoe as a puck after the broke out the brooms and closed the store. I now know that they could have quickly cleaned them up with a brush but nobody took the time. It was on this occasion that I asked, "So, what's the deal with shell and why does it cost so much?" Rather than taking the opportunity to explain the wonders of the product and the 6 months it takes to make shell at Horween, the SA just replied, "Well, you either 'get' shell or you don't." He was either a terrible SA or just did not know the answer.

But today I an 'getting' suede and off for a haircut before the holidays.

IMG_4075.jpg

CommanderMcBragg

Reaction score
Gentlemen:

What does "R" mean with respect to width? I'm looking at a pair of AE shoes online that clearly state "size 10R."

Would that be "regular," as in a D width...?

Thank you.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. An SA at a store mentioned a few more days, but the way AE is running sales right now I’m not too worried

Shell sales are more urgent than general sales though. I think the current sale is about as good as we will see for some time forward /EndWeaseling

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange case of worlds colliding last night:

Went to a neighbor’s holiday party and my former SA was also there. Some awkward shoe related talk before he skipped out. I think it was a slightly older crowd than he was used to.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

What does "R" mean with respect to width? I'm looking at a pair of AE shoes online that clearly state "size 10R."

Thank you.
Is this a third party vendor or ebay auction? I would assume it means D width unless they mention otherwise or you have an actual in shoe shot saying otherwise

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen:

Thank you.
I would have to wonder if it’s an “A” that they are mistaking for an “R”.
You might want to ask the seller about the width that’s printed in the shoe, or ask for a picture.

schweezly

Reaction score
Shell sales are more urgent than general sales though. I think the current sale is about as good as we will see for some time forward /EndWeaseling

Sure is. Shell 2nd’s were a great deal...but we’ll see what made them 2nd quality. Loafers don’t have a lot that can be wrong so I’m just expecting not to like them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads