1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Some prefer glazed.

2. ace13x

Must have been "lopsided."

3. ace13x

Are you sure they didn't confuse the Collectors™ discount with the current 20% off?

4. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

That works great for text, but when you use the big "attach file or images" button under "post reply" it puts the pic down below the text box. Is there another way to insert a pic?

5. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

I just ran this picture through the Google Compute Engine and I now know your address, employer, next of kin, and browsing history. Got to be careful what you post online these days. Merry Christmas!

PS, live tree? Respect. Also, Google said it could use some water.

6. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

You just have to make sure the cursor is where you want the picture to be when you click on the insert picture button.

7. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Distinguished Member

Spent much of the day in Chicago on the Magnificent Mile for my daughter’s birthday. Stomped around in the whiskeys a decent amount without too much trouble, but damn those things make my feet sweat.

Stopped in the Michigan Ave AE store for a few minutes. It was hopping. As a result, little attention was spent on me. No biggie. The redecoration of the store to me makes it seem less luxurious. Not a huge fan. This is less noticeable in my normal store. There it’s just less furniture. Since there are a LOT of people in and out of this store I imagine, some of the samples were looking a little shabby. Especially the shell. They need a fresh set of display models. I did notice in handling some of the main line shoes that I did like the leather. It seemed better than on some other examples I’ve seen. Let’s hope that’s not just me making it up.

Popped in the Orvis store and checked out a sweater they have. Man it was substantial. Might be bummed if that doesn’t make its way into my collection some day. I could have walked around up there for another couple hours after dinner and would have preferred to do so considering how much I paid to park my car. However the family was not playing ball. For this reason I had to pass up th Ralph Lauren store which has been on my list for a little while and also didn’t stop in the Brooks Brothers. I should have cut them loose and made them take the train home, but that would have put me further in the hole in more ways than one.

8. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Distinguished Member

Yes. The Collectors® discount should apply towards everything. This is your chance™

Sadly, nothing I could find to use the 15% off discount on Ebay today. :( That Jefferson in brown was a little tempting, but not going to spend $340 right now again.

9. ace13x

As @Fueco said, the cursor placement is important. I can't say why the software jumps the cursor from where you had it before you uploaded the image, but it is what it is. It is more annoying on mobile where you often don't see the full text screen. That is why I said: type, attach images, etc BETWEEN the [SPOILER ] brackets.

The one way to avoid having to move the cursor around is to use the attach file or images button FIRST upload everything you want to post, but don't choose "thumbnail" or "full image" right away. Click on + to start the spoiler. Your cursor will automatically be in-between the spoiler brackets, then use "thumbnail" or "full image" and/or type what ever you want.

You can also just manually type [SP0ILER] and [/SP0ILER] around whatever you want to spoiler. The point is you don't have to post then edit your post.

10. James1051

James1051 Distinguished Member

possible I suppose, although I did use the words 'Collectors' and 'Discount'. No one seems to have an email about said discount however, which would certainly be helpful in a situation like this.

11. cardsfan89

cardsfan89 Senior Member

Specify the collector’s discount. The idea that it isn’t stackable with the shell sale is verifiably false. You can make a new test account online and add a shell pair in your cart and the 15% is automatically applied to your entire purchase (shell included) during the account’s first 14 days. Also multiple people here have stacked the 15% for $421 shell firsts during this sale.

12. armedferret

armedferret Distinguished Member

Welp. Ma nature has panache.

20181216_073827.jpg 20181216_073749.jpg 20181216_073820.jpg 20181216_073746.jpg

13. James1051

Holy crap, that sucks!

In Hurricane Sandy a few years ago, we had a 70' tulip poplar come down on our garage.
    Thank goodness for HO insurance. Call your carrier, they'll send the chain saw guys out

14. James1051

I shall go back to the SA with this news!

15. Mr. Wonderbeak

Mr. Wonderbeak Senior Member

I think the collector discount application depends on the store and SA. My last in store purchase was for FAs right when that Collectors Discount was offered and they insisted it couldn’t be stacked with the current sale.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.