• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From AE’s new 2019 distressed “Ideals of American Dreams” line:
lVdAomI.jpg

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! That’s crazytown. I wonder if they tried to claim a threat as a way to deflect from the seriousness of losing/stealing a firearm?

I despise FedEx. My worst experience with them was when I had a (really excellent) suit that needed a minor fix, I sent it to a good reweaver and they sent it back via FedEx with signature required. FedEx, being idiots, dumped the box on my front steps and ran. It sat in the rain, during an enormous rainstorm, overnight. Angry doesn’t begin to describe my mood when I saw that waterlogged, disintegrating box on my steps. The good news is that a quick trip through dry cleaning (they actually had to run it through wet and on its own, basically diluting the water with solvents and then allowing it to quick dry evenly and get pressed), kept the suit from being ruined. But still, if it says signature required, why are doing a dump and run?

I now specifically check if someone intends to use FedEx and ask that they use another shipping option.
If you’re near a distribution center you can ask the sender to check off a box that will hold it there for your pickup. I’ve done that with really expensive stuff that I knew I would not be home to sign or receive.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only assume that was their hope. And of course the cops did NOTHING to the people who abused 911 and filed a false report claiming I was threatening them WITH a firearm. I may have threatened legal action and possible criminal investigations as a result of them allowing an employee to STEAL a firearm. I certainly didn't HAVE one on me nor did I ever threaten to use one.

But naturally since there was no political gain to be had by the state of MD, nothing came of it. Not even a farking apology from FedEx.
I would have called the NRA AND The Brady Campaign on them. You're right, you'll get more action from people (on both sides) with something to gain than the gum'ment guys just doing their job. When 60 Minutes or John Stossel show up at Fed-Ex with cameras they'll all scurry to cover their asses.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have called the NRA AND The Brady Campaign on them. You're right, you'll get more action from people (on both sides) with something to gain than the gum'ment guys just doing their job. When 60 Minutes or John Stossel show up at Fed-Ex with cameras they'll all scurry to cover their asses.

Ive another tale involving USPS I'm still resolving. Will share more on that one later.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, its real. I included a link in the original post. Click on the name of the sneaker in bold and it will take you right to the page. The price is not posted, but the story, which I believe to be accurate, was that they were $530.

Here is the same shoe being sold on another site for the $530.

View attachment 1039462
0C047D4B-E9C1-4C84-B7F2-3982B92A9A9D.jpeg
And I thought I had a shoe that was out of line on price. Looking at what is sold in department stores, makes me think that I am too critical of AE. But then again, my older second’s are much nicer than my recent firsts.

LLEE

Reaction score
Wtf is going on in this thread right now?
I’m going to be picking up another pair of Higgins Mill in October, but I’m really torn on sizing. These are a 8.5D and fit well but perhaps a little bit snug. My feet seem to be getting a bit wider yet, and I’m considering if I shouldn’t move up to a 9D or 8.5E. Hmmm

6AA4F16E-7361-4C76-AEFB-BBBFF3D8B477.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From AE’s new 2019 distressed “Ideals of American Dreams” line:
lVdAomI.jpg

I believe those shoes may have been owned by Prince Charles. If not, he has a pair that looks an awfully lot like them.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wtf is going on in this thread right now?
I’m going to be picking up another pair of Higgins Mill in October, but I’m really torn on sizing. These are a 8.5D and fit well but perhaps a little bit snug. My feet seem to be getting a bit wider yet, and I’m considering if I shouldn’t move up to a 9D or 8.5E. Hmmm

View attachment 1039497
Where on the foot are they snug? Do you have sufficient toe room in the 8.5D?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LLEE

Reaction score
Where on the foot are they snug? Do you have sufficient toe room in the 8.5D?
I'd say they are comfortably snug across the ball, and from the toe tips to the ball. The outside of my big toe feels a touch snug, and my kind of off pinky toe just has enough space. I do wonder if a 9 would make sense, as a pair I can wear with a thicker winter sock might be nice.
...and just 'cause your dog reminds me of mine.

IMG_1485.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say they are comfortably snug across the ball, and from the toe tips to the ball. The outside of my big toe feels a touch snug, and my kind of off pinky toe just has enough space. I do wonder if a 9 would make sense, as a pair I can wear with a thicker winter sock might be nice.
...and just 'cause your dog reminds me of mine.

View attachment 1039523
Based on what you are saying, I'd say go with the 9. My dog is a golden retriever, but the coloring is called English Cream, basically a very, very light color. My neighbor, from Mexico, calls him Perro Blanco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics