1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2018 - News, Pictures, Clothing, Accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fueco, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Bourbonator

Bourbonator Senior Member

Dang it .... I think I have contracted Audog Syndrome.

I REALLY don't need another one of these but that price and my current love for the ones I have said to grab them.

Keep them, maybe wear them, or maybe just resell them if they don't get enough attention from me.

Stirling.png

2. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior Member

Nope, Cochrane's. Gone now, but it used to be on Wright and Green, just a couple dozen feet north of Follett's (also gone). Cochrane's family owned a number of bars on campus at the time I was there (89-93/94-96) - Cochrane's, C.O. Daniels, R&R's, Clybourn, The Office and Office II, plus 1 or 2 others that were off-campus. I have no idea which bars they still own on campus, as I haven't been there in about 15 years now, but I know they have a couple.

3. audog

audog Distinguished Member

Yes, they still own a couple on campus, plus Office and Office II are still open and they have a couple of bars downtown Champaign as that is the new "hotspot" lots of bars/coffee houses/eating places and nightclubs now.

4. audog

audog Distinguished Member

at that price, how can you refuse to get them. Even if they sit in the closet for a year or two.

5. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

I woke up one spring break in the back of my custom van (80s) broke, with a loaf of bread and a case of Old Mil in the cooler in Ft Lauderdale. They pretty much gave Old Mil away it was so cheap. I think less than $5 for a case.

HMs (particularly some of the SMU models in my closet) are my favorite boot but the stock Indys are a close second. But the Indys have been teasing me for years and there is something about wanting what I cannot have that escalates their value.

And I have convinced myself...to just go ahead and buy a few pairs so maybe (not) I will focus more on work. A few good hours of work can pay for this stuff, but instead, I'll scroll for bargains...for hours. :) Something about the thrill of the hunt.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 12.34.08 PM.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

6. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

No problem. Always nice to have an excuse to do some shoe hunting.

7. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

That’s them, and same boat.
    I'd like to get my hands on the "ultimate Indy's" with the commando sole

8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Senior Member

75EDC0E2-798F-42E7-8DDB-5F2E1DAEAE96.jpeg Here’s a double sighting at today’s middle school closing Mass - my shell Grayson’s and my eldest’s Younge Streets.

9. Thomas Crown

Thomas Crown Distinguished Member

M
    Unfortunately not on this trip,MacAllen’s in Speyside which has the largest concentration of distilleries in Scotland and may have to wait for a future “whisky tour”! Today I toured the Auchentoshan distillery outside of Glasgow. One of only a few Lowland single malts. I really like their whiskies and picked up a limited edition from Bordeaux casks. Forgot to take “in the wild “ pic:brick: but wore my Bellevues on the tour,here’s a “sampling” image.jpg image.jpg many pardons for the state of my Bellevues,they hiked through wet pastures and up rocky hills yesterday. Bick 4 restored them but a little Cordovan creme when I get home should do the rest!

10. txmusician

txmusician Senior Member

If you call the factory shoe bank, will the SA check your size for SMU and BB stuff out in the tent?

11. Ryan850

Ryan850 Active Member

12. darkclassic

darkclassic Senior Member

This is the only other Yonge St I have seen other than my own. Nice.

13. Aenonymous

Aenonymous Senior Member

AE pricing is like the weather - if you don't like it, just wait awhile and it'll change:
    Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 2.13.03 PM.png

14. RaiderATO

RaiderATO Senior Member

Slate is grey, taupe is grey with some green, loden is green with some grey. They're pretty similar and the AE pics online do a horrible job of showing what they look like.

15. RMB35

RMB35 Senior Member

I doubt that they would for SMU as you have to look for the boxes scattered with the regular makeups and then open each box. Plus there are very few SMU to be found. The BB is on a separate table and clearly marked so they might do that.