• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Acne Jeans - not impressed.

Oxnard

Reaction score
+1 on the great cut for the Max Raw, I picked up a pair of these off of denim bar a little while ago on sale for like $125 shipped and all, didn't realise when I got them though that they were so fade-resistant initially. Makes it more interesting in the long run I suppose...awesome dress jeans till then
cheers.gif

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP- Talk to Fok. Dude has a serious anti-Acne bugaboo going on. My main gripe is that it seems to be exceptionally difficult to find Acnes in inseams other than 34" at B&Ms, which effectively puts the kibosh on any of their washes or pre-faded models for short guys like me. It's not something I'd likely buy anyway, so no big loss, but it pisses me off nonetheless. But for my money, "Acne Mic Raw" should be the thread-locking auto-response to any post seeking "dressy jeans" recs. Coincidentally, both pairs I've had of these (in 2 different sizes) had the dreaded "ass horn" problem, which others here have experienced w/ Mics. I seriously think it has something to do with the way the seat is cut; I think there might be some kind of design flaw with the proportions between the pockets and the yoke and the waistband or somesuch. Or maybe the Mic is just better suited to guys with asses.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The wash process is what cost the MOST remember that. The Dollar doesn't help one bit and they have a distributor who needs to get paid.
That **** adds up.
Don't hate

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody comment on Acne's appearl?

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Price is probably dictated by low units produced
Definitely not. Max Cash for example has been made for years and in large volumes. Shipping, middleman, taxes, weak dollar, demand, high-fashion ambitions => $315. And a word in general about manufacturing locations, not directed at you specifically. If you need to look at the inside tag that states where the product is manufactured to determine the quality of it, then you definitely don't know what 'quality' is. If you wonder whether a product is of high quality, you examine the product, not its tags. It's possible to have high quality products made in China and its certainly possible to make crap in Japan and USA. There is a correlation between quality and land of manufacture, but not a strict connection. Also, a product's value is not the sum of its parts. A pair of jeans is not "fabric $5 + labour $10 = $15". Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm tired and can't bother to formulate a proper post.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
above is correct

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
And a word in general about manufacturing locations, not directed at you specifically.
If you need to look at the inside tag that states where the product is manufactured to determine the quality of it, then you definitely don't know what 'quality' is.
If you wonder whether a product is of high quality, you examine the product, not its tags. It's possible to have high quality products made in China and its certainly possible to make crap in Japan and USA.
There is a correlation between quality and land of manufacture, but not a strict connection.

Also, a product's value is not the sum of its parts. A pair of jeans is not "fabric $5 + labour $10 = $15".

Sorry if I sound harsh, I'm tired and can't bother to formulate a proper post.

You tell 'im! Who is Rye to think he knows anything about the clothing manufacturing and marketing biz?? Pfft.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
You tell 'im! Who is Rye to think he knows anything about the clothing manufacturing and marketing biz?? Pfft.
Who're you to tell me I don't? If you've got nothing of your own to add, stay out. As I stated in my post it wasn't even directed at Rye, but at those who're complaining that the jeans aren't made in Japan or USA when they're $300.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo

horriblyjollyjinx is one of the more knowledgable posters between sufu and SF. In my book, at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads