• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

6th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a package to share

IMG_5359.JPG

IMG_5360.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG
IMG_5362.JPG
IMG_5363.JPG
IMG_5364.JPG
IMG_5365.JPG

Big shoutout to @ATLjon for a great thriftmas! The RLPL tie in particular :inlove:

He also included a great note that was typewritten on a (I assume) thrifted typewriter? Thanks dude :slayer:

...now I just need to find more stuff for my guy

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had the hardest time finding good stuff. Maybe I just live in. A bad area to thrift? I only have 2 ties so far. These unveiling just make me feel worse about it.

Also probably not getting it out until Monday since We're apparently getting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow, so everyone will forget how to drive

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to be quite far from the fire. The air quality in my neck of the woods is fine, but as of a couple hours ago the fire is 0% contained so there is obviously much that can change. Let's send some positive vibes to our thrift brother @Sartoriamo, who is much closer than I.

I was told to stay away from work as well. Unfortunately my idiot client had convinced himself that half the county going up in smoke was not an acceptable excuse for a project delay, and forced me to go in anyway and work in a building with the lights and air-con off. Horrible, and a total waste of time.

classicthrifter

Reaction score
I have had the hardest time finding good stuff. Maybe I just live in. A bad area to thrift? I only have 2 ties so far. These unveiling just make me feel worse about it.

Also probably not getting it out until Monday since We're apparently getting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow, so everyone will forget how to drive

Have fun with it! Do not stress. Books, gift cards, food, regional stuff. I think we all are happy with whatever comes. Plus watching this thread for the next couple of weeks makes it totally worth it. Someone is bound to ship later than you. :)

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big thanks and Thriftmas cheer to @Cj52racers for hooking me up!
IMG_7265.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

That's a Gemelli quilted sport coat, a cotton and a silk scarf, three dreamy ties and one silly one, a USA-Made Polo Sport long sleeve tee, and a MacAlan sport coat.
I'm having trouble deciding which is my favorite.
I know I'm going to wear the Gemelli.
IMG_7276.jpg
But there are these guys:
IMG_7277.jpg

I didn't have any Kittens in my wardrobe 'til now, and I especially love the striped one. I also may wear the Jil Sander to my sister's wedding this summer.

The MacAlan is just gorgeous. The fabric is cotton, but feels like a soft, cash/wool flannel, and I love the pattern. I just hope I can get the sleeves adjusted enough for me to wear it.
IMG_7278.jpg

I'm loving everyone's posts, and loving that we raised a chunk of charity money.
Merry Thriftmas to all, and may the coming year bring you health and happiness!

p.s. @capnwes : glad I could contribute both annoyance and socks to your gal. Now I think I'll enjoy one of the other ales from that pack!

IMG_7275.jpg

Fashionablemale

Reaction score
Got my package and big thanks to @Pierson v Post. Really overwhelmed and thankful for all the awesome stuff. Loved the vintage tees and sweatshurt, especially the 1984 Where's the Beef muscle shirt.

The dress shirts will all get some rotation in my closet.

PRL linen will get some wear and I didn't have any braces.

Lab Zileri jeans and some awesome Yohji sneakers that fit like a glove

Versace Book and Peekaboo tie round it all out.

15128204913791905718345.jpg

1512820690232866517896.jpg

15128207975791963723060.jpg

15128209245902122004773.jpg

15128210214211922535207.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came home last night to a box on my front step. I was going to wait, but my 3 year old son insisted we open it right away. So...we did. :)

Thanks to @jumpman1231 for some great stuff. A nice hand-written note, some nice shirts, some good suit hangers (which always come in handy) and a couple pairs of AE shoe trees (which I actually was going to buy otherwise, as I needed a few pairs).

Photo is having trouble uploading. I'll try later.

Edit: photo finally uploaded

IMG_8286.JPG

Last edited:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge shoutout to @illeagle for an awesome Thriftmas package! The CP jacket and Rugger sweater both fit great - may be wearing the sweater, and the BB scarf/gloves tonight for a family dinner! The car books going to the coffee table now to join the couple I got as part of last years gift exchange! Pics to come later - thanks again @illeagle !!

illeagle

Reaction score
Huge shoutout to @illeagle for an awesome Thriftmas package! The CP jacket and Rugger sweater both fit great - may be wearing the sweater, and the BB scarf/gloves tonight for a family dinner! The car books going to the coffee table now to join the couple I got as part of last years gift exchange! Pics to come later - thanks again @illeagle !!

Awesome! I was a bit worried about finding stuff that would fit (even brought a tape measure to the thrift one outing haha). I'm very happy to hear you're enjoying the thrift (and used bookstore) finds! Merry Thriftmas again!

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Came home tonight and... it arrived!
20171209_223257.jpg

Let me say this. Wow. Holy ****, wow. A million thanks to @chpartisan, who is the coolest dude out there.

Mille mercis, D! C'est vraiment est gentil de votre part!

Oxxford, S. Ricci and Brooks Brothers ties that are minty, magnifique et si propre!

The coolest color Polo braces ever!

And a Pal Zileri SC that fits like a glove and such beautiful fabric. Mon Dieu! The hand written note was an appreciated touch. Thank you so much, made my Thriftmas for sure!
20171209_225843.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads