• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL STYLEFORUM SECRET SANTA 2023 MEGATHREAD

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daddy always delivers

I wanted to make sure I got my SS (who has already received parts of her gift and approved me posting this) something that made a statement in the home, but also throughout the generations of children, grandchildren , great grand children etc.

So the only obvious thing to do was...commission a portrait of myself, her, and her doting husband.

View attachment 2095649

Now, it should be noted, I have never met either of them in person. But, I wanted to memorialize my personal greatness along side of theirs. A 16x12 canvas will be delivered probs after Christmas. But. Generations will enjoy this.
I see you used a younger version of yourself instead of your current boomer looking version.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suggest hanging it over an open fire and then banning Phil.
Your impotent rage is even more important than usual as I found someone who outranks you on the forum....

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see you used a younger version of yourself instead of your current boomer looking version.
That picture is like 2 weeks old!!!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big thank you to @greekgeek for the Secret Santa package.

A super nice hand sewn card holder that looks like it’ll age beautifully and a Case knife with a couple different tools and a really cool blue inlay. Most of my pokey things are a little scarier looking for day to day use in a suit and this one should be perfect to toss in my pocket. Thanks so much man! Happy holidays to all
IMG_5443.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Slip-joints are perfect for office use. @LA Guy can fight me for that take. :fence:

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A big thank you to @greekgeek for the Secret Santa package.

A super nice hand sewn card holder that looks like it’ll age beautifully and a Case knife with a couple different tools and a really cool blue inlay. Most of my pokey things are a little scarier looking for day to day use in a suit and this one should be perfect to toss in my pocket. Thanks so much man! Happy holidays to all View attachment 2096021
Glad you like them! I hope they treat you well. Horween leather and Case knives are both long time favorites of mine. It's been years since I bought a Case so I had to hunt a little to find what I felt was "the right one", eventually was able to find one locally. It's a 3 blade with jigged bone scales.

Cheers.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slip-joints are perfect for office use. @LA Guy can fight me for that take. :fence:
I live in Idaho and regularly EDC a Microtech MSI or a full sized Demko AD20, so YMMV depending on whether your jurisdiction is Libertopia or the PR of San Francisco. The slip joint looks really nice though.

I got my gift today. Wore the watchcap a bit because it's cold in the house, and will take a picture of everything else in a bit.

My own secret santee will have to wait a bit, the label for the gift just printed today, but I hope that he will like it. Note - the gift is sealed... but it's a signed item and collector's item. Opening it will be cool, but I am not sure how that will change the value. Gag gift also inbound. @PhilKenSebben s wonderful commissioned portrait is an excellent gag gift. But I think that maybe my gag gift is a bit more literal.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Secret Santa is obviously a Texan with a liberal bent. Fascinating book and serious atomic hot sauce cache with one more thing apparently on the way. Curiosity peaked. Next? Greg Abbott orgy photos from Epstein's island? Dan Patrick in a Turkish bath expose with Vienna Boy's Choir? Paxton with his Trans Cabana Boy "ward?"

IMG_7555.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let Santa know what you think of the sauces and book (when finished).

The final package should arrive today.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let Santa know what you think of the sauces and book (when finished).

The final package should arrive today.
Off to Ireland. Will check it all out when I get back!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let's gooo usps !!

i was waiting for an item so i sent my package a lil bit behind schedule but it looks like usps is picking up my slack yeee haw ! i took an extra sneaky vow of reciprocity so i've been sitting on my sender's package until mine gets delivered . i might have an unboxing tonite . thx usps !

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20231223_205309.jpg

my sender came through !

i opened a lovely box tonite that included the syntactically helpful classic strunk n white lolol . i especially liked the boudoir pic included as a bookmark !

also : let me tell you how good this Zoe chocolate is . the family that makes this stuff is greek and it has an incredible mediterranean palette ( palate ? ) to it . i ate one with honeycomb in it , amazing .

i wasn't helpful either , i left a list of don'ts and still my sender person killed it . i have my suspicions but whoever it is has a taste for really delightful chocolates and nasty knickers .

anyways thank you to my secret sender whoever you are and happy holidays to you and the rest of our thread and forvm friends !

Attachments

• 20231223_205309.jpg
    20231223_205309.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 20

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads