• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2017 MLB Season Thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also like how the Red Sox are good role models off the field (give back to the community), unlike other teams, whose players get arrested for illegal acts.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not hating on white people I am just saying I think this "baseball guy" bullshit is because these guys are all super white, tobaccy chewin', bearded fools. It doesn't hurt that they are in one of the most racist, whitest cities in the country.

im just messin, man.

white or not, i like their team. seems like a good group of guys. cards too. also, cards manager is hella handsome.

i have no idea what a "baseball guy" is. to me, if you play baseball, you are a "baseball guy." if he means they are a nitty gritty team, whether or not that is true, being white has nothing to with that imo.

also, obvi, i love all the beards. buckhlotz has the weakest, most white trashy beard of them all. napoli and ross have hells angels beards, gomes has a chassidic jew beard, pedrioa has a quaker/amish beard, drew and some others have trim trendy suit supply catalogue model beards and i cant think of the others off hand.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

im just messin, man.

white or not, i like their team. seems like a good group of guys. cards too. also, cards manager is hella handsome.

i have no idea what a "baseball guy" is. to me, if you play baseball, you are a "baseball guy." if he means they are a nitty gritty team, whether or not that is true, being white has nothing to with that imo.

also, obvi, i love all the beards. buckhlotz has the weakest, most white trashy beard of them all. napoli and ross have hells angels beards, gomes has a chassidic jew beard, pedrioa has a quaker/amish beard, drew and some others have trim trendy suit supply catalogue model beards and i cant think of the others off hand.
im just messin, man.

Saltamachia has a hippie beard. Victorino has a a B-movie villain beard.
It just occurred to me that the Japanese relievers are about the only guys on the team not doing the beard thing. And Bogaerts. Not sure if you count Ortiz, since it's really just a version of the beard he often wears.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im just messin, man.

I guess you don't watch a lot of ESPN or what have you but they keep harping on this innate baseball-ness of the Red Sox and have been all season. Stating they are just a group of baseball guys, baseball nerds, always talking about baseball. I think you would be hard pressed to find a team, at least a half decent one, that isn't that way and I think it mostly boils down to these being a bunch of guys who speak English and don't intimidate John Kruk.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess what I'm really trying to say is **** you (in order): Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, John Kruk, Oral Hershiser and Curt Schilling.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess you don't watch a lot of ESPN or what have you but they keep harping on this innate baseball-ness of the Red Sox and have been all season. Stating they are just a group of baseball guys, baseball nerds, always talking about baseball. I think you would be hard pressed to find a team, at least a half decent one, that isn't that way and I think it mostly boils down to these being a bunch of guys who speak English and don't intimidate John Kruk.

lol i do not watch any of that. those guys are always spewing crap like that. barf. show me a highlight reel no audio and thats all i need from most of that stuff.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is **** you (in order): Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, John Kruk, Oral Hershiser and Curt Schilling.

i will alert them of this so they may know your feelings.

Saltamachia has a hippie beard. Victorino has a a B-movie villain beard.
It just occurred to me that the Japanese relievers are about the only guys on the team not doing the beard thing. And Bogaerts. Not sure if you count Ortiz, since it's really just a version of the beard he often wears.

yes. i agree to that. good beard analysis on the doods i left out.

ummm, not sure the asian fellows could really grow much of a beard. no hate, cuz tho guys are pitching lights the eff out.

bogaertz also looks like he could barely put up much of a beard either.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do these high baseball IQ players show great grit and determination? Do they hustle? Are they deceptively athletic? Are they adept at coming off screens and knocking down the open jumper?

(Oops, I might have accidentally put in a white nba player code phrase somewhere)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of that is true of the high-IQ baseball player (except the part about coming off screens, but they can probably do that in the appropriate context as well.) In addition, they are scrappy.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, St Lou. You can't keep stranding your scoring chances in an elimination game. Boston just showed you how it's done

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ plus 1 ^^

oof. not a great start for the red birds.

Ketawa

Reaction score
I love it when IBBs blow up. Ortiz ended up scoring both times.

3rd WS in 10 years! I literally cried during the 2003 ALCS when Boone hit that homer off Wakefield. Since then, life as a Red Sox fan has been amazing.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the eff do you miss a guy in a run-down. Is this little league?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy