• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure why Monitaly x Chamula beanies don’t get more talk around here whenever someone asks about hats etc. or maybe I missed it. By far the softest beanie and properly “oversized”. I thought it looked great worn over my long hair if that matters to you, I imagine would make great gifts for the lady friend. Miss my dark gold beanie, accidentally threw it in the washer and I thought it’d never stretch back out. It lost its lushness too IMO. Darn whoever bought the last white color when it showed back up, I slept too long.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly there likely won’t be any next fall winter as Chamula is struggling with knitting capacity and constantly needs to cut order quantities and styles to meet the limited capacity they have.

I think they’ll have hats made somewhere else for FW23 - but we decided we’d stick only with the Mexico hand knit Chamula products.

mypants

Reaction score
You can easily scroll all of our videos on our video tab in IG.

Hey Greg. I must be missing something (using the instagram app on an ipad), but while the new format this season is much better video quality, which is awesome - i can’t find any way to scroll (scrub) through the video... no fast forward or rewind.

Is this just my problem or ?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe try updating the app? The longer videos (drops) have a scroll bar for me at the bottom of the screen (on iPhone). The 20-30 second fit videos do not.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Greg. I must be missing something (using the instagram app on an ipad), but while the new format this season is much better video quality, which is awesome - i can’t find any way to scroll (scrub) through the video... no fast forward or rewind.

Mine has a scroll bar too. Tap the screen if it’s currently not visible.

mypants

Reaction score
Hmm. Weird. I’ll try on my iPhone tomorrow. Definitely can’t do it on the iPad, which is weird. i’ll report back… 🤷‍♂️

mypants

Reaction score
Nope. No luck on iPhone instagram app either. Some googling says it’s a known thing that you can‘t fast forward or rewind reels in the app now, but perhaps you can on the web/desktop version of instagram. Not sure why it’s working for Greg and Trayco but I’ve tapped everything, long, short, drag, pull etc. 🤷‍♂️

It used to work for me when you were using the “instagram tv” or whatever it was called, but no go on the reels.

If I’m the only one, that’s super odd, but maybe I just drew a short stick. Definitely makes the videos less useful for me, since they also restart from the beginning if I have to take a break. I love the videos too… oh well.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. No luck on iPhone instagram app either. Some googling says it’s a known thing that you can‘t fast forward or rewind reels in the app now, but perhaps you can on the web/desktop version of instagram. Not sure why it’s working for Greg and Trayco but I’ve tapped everything, long, short, drag, pull etc. 🤷‍♂️

It used to work for me when you were using the “instagram tv” or whatever it was called, but no go on the reels.

If I’m the only one, that’s super odd, but maybe I just drew a short stick. Definitely makes the videos less useful for me, since they also restart from the beginning if I have to take a break. I love the videos too… oh well.
This is also the situation with me. Since a couple of updates ago (android user here, maybe iphone is different) the videos no longer allow scroll on the app although I think if I use the web browser version of instagram it has it? It's not as bad since now nmwa break the videos into shorter segments based on the different makers but still annoying overall.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys tapping on the post first?

This is what I see:

There’s a bar at the bottom to scroll

Long videos have those scroll bars but the shorter reels do not

AW84

Reaction score

I’ve had issues with this as well. it doesn’t comeI swipe to the next video and then swipe back
Are you guys tapping on the post first?

This is what I see:

There’s a bar at the bottom to scroll

Long videos have those scroll bars but the shorter reels do not
Tapping doesn’t work for me. It just turns the sound on and off. The only way I’ve been able to access the scroll bar is by swiping down to the next video and then back.

mypants

Reaction score
I’ve had issues with this as well. it doesn’t comeI swipe to the next video and then swipe back

Tapping doesn’t work for me. It just turns the sound on and off. The only way I’ve been able to access the scroll bar is by swiping down to the next video and then back.

Wow, Ok, this works for me! Once playing, If I can swipe to another long video and then back, the scroll bar does indeed show up. Most of the time, anyways. Which is better than never!

Geez. You think Instagram has one job to do and they could get it right...

anyhow, thanks guys. I was finally able to see the end of the videos from the past few drops!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First tap brings the video from feed scroll to full screen, second tap (and subsequent ones) turn sound off and on.

Anyhow, IG is stupidly complex to use sometimes... they're constantly shifting and changing stuff, which makes it even harder

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you don’t see this bar on the bottom?
All the functions including that appear for me when I click on the reel, meaning I see the post when I scroll and tap on it to open the additional options.
B457362A-795F-43E5-BE31-AB2E55AAA732.jpeg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"We just went through beans" 🤣

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78