• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

ghh923

Reaction score
FWIW, I wear a 50 in Doppia overcoats (AAnchorage), but otherwise a solid 42/52 elsewhere (Eidos, for example).

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who sized down on the Wythe flannels, did you find the sleeve and body length too short?

Also, tech note: maybe it's just coincidence, but almost everything in my wishlist disappeared today.

ghh923

Reaction score
For anyone who sized down on the Wythe flannels, did you find the sleeve and body length too short?

Also, tech note: maybe it's just coincidence, but almost everything in my wishlist disappeared today.

I sized down to an M. The cuffs are wide, so the sleeves are fine; maybe the slightest bit short, but I don't notice. Body is modest. I tuck sometimes, untuck others. Would size down again if I got another one.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gdl203 what size do you recommend for me in the Dopiia cashmere coat?
Looking for normal room in the body. Not tight.
Thanks!
I like the TTS (54) on me but it's definitely on the slouchy side with a slight shoulder drop. A size down is also fine, more of a "normal" fit. I think you may prefer a size down (I think you size down on the Traveler, right?).

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given how cold it is in NYC right now, really looking forward to Document Big Pocket Jacket arriving
How did you size? I'm so tempted by this jacket as the oversize fit looks so nice. I am just worried about the sleeve length. I am typically M/L and like a sleeve length of about 35". I think @MeatFish and I are pretty similar size. Any advice? Perhaps the sleeves fit longer than measured due to the oversize fit?

TokenMao

Reaction score
How did you size? I'm so tempted by this jacket as the oversize fit looks so nice. I am just worried about the sleeve length. I am typically M/L and like a sleeve length of about 35". I think @MeatFish and I are pretty similar size. Any advice? Perhaps the sleeves fit longer than measured due to the oversize fit?

I'll let you know when I get it, I'm a pretty standard Medium and went TTS.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the TTS (54) on me but it's definitely on the slouchy side with a slight shoulder drop. A size down is also fine, more of a "normal" fit. I think you may prefer a size down (I think you size down on the Traveler, right?).
Thanks for the insight.
I have 38 in the traveler but I’m ok moving up in size if I were to rebuy.
The roomier fit has grown on me over the years and I’m fully committed.
Overall 38 correlates to a 48?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight.
I have 38 in the traveler but I’m ok moving up in size if I were to rebuy.
The roomier fit has grown on me over the years and I’m fully committed.
Overall 38 correlates to a 48?
Yes, I think so

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came to the conclusion that I really, really don't need more clothes. So, I blew my entire LuxeSwap wad on...
20171114035_2048x.jpeg

La_Portegna_FW21_leather_accessories_portfolios_15_2048x.jpeg

As a designer, I often carry a laptop or iPad, so this is a great set. I love picking up fine accessories like these that will last the rest of my life. This photo sold me on the fat carter.
5a00d30d1373162bca1d.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag