• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jaaz16

Reaction score
The GRP chunky sweaters are just perfect IMO. Recommend, especially at the price now. Color is easy to work with, too (I have last year's light grey).

I had my eye on one of those in the sale. Do you recommend TTS or sizing up one for a more relaxed fit?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's actually on sale? I'm definitely not on early access level steez, so curious if it extends beyond what's visible to us normies?

Note: not saying I'll cut you if anyone kops what I want...but I'm also not not saying it either :cool2:

ghh923

Reaction score
I had my eye on one of those in the sale. Do you recommend TTS or sizing up one for a more relaxed fit?

I took a 6 (XL), though more often than not I'm an L when it comes to tag sizes.* When I looked at the measurements, the 21.3 chest was right in my normal strike zone (21-22 is what I prefer, and this has a little stretch. I wasn't going XXL/7, though that reads 22 on the website). Also, the sleeve wears longer than the 34.3 shown; I have 35 inch arms, but have not once worried about sleeve length on mine.

Overall, the fit leans more "relaxed" than "slim" when I wear it, but the best description for me is "just right." Put differently, if I didn't know a 5 was L and 6 was XL, I would have gone 6 because the measurements are closest to what I look for in something like this.

*There are always exceptions, of course. Wythe flannels I'm an M, for example. There are a few GRP products where I'm a 5, like the henleys. I'm an XL in the Pecora Nera (almost the exact same measurements) and L in Jamiesons.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! Grabbed another GRP polo sweater. Got taupe before the holidays and charcoal now (maroon and blue look great but I have those colors already). Fleshing out Casual Friday options.

I'm a 42/52 and size 6 in GRP has always worked for me. Fits TTS but not too tight. Good stuff! @jaaz16

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when you sleep on something and they find out you slept on it.

1642015864980.png

Seriously, am I doing Sale wrong?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when you sleep on something and they find out you slept on it.

View attachment 1735886

Seriously, am I doing Sale wrong?
Log in to your account, and paste the sale link from the email into your browser, and hit enter?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How fortuitous that I had just gone on to the NMWA website earlier this morning to make a wish list. I didn't even realize there was a sale imminent!

I did use up a bunch of that sweet sweet LuxeSwap credit and picked up a few items:

Jamieson's Fair Isle crew-neck sweater, grey, cyan, mustard, red, and mauve

1642015969478.png

Ikiji - Side tab trousers in navy velvet twill
1642016081434.png

Frank Leder - Straight leg trousers in mixed fern green Loden wool
1642016139346.png

Document - Belted chino pants in garment washed green cotton twill
1642016196906.png

I really wanted to pick up one of the DoppiaA duffle coats but I've got so much outerwear that doesn't get worn as it is...

If anybody is interested in the Doppiaa recycled cashmere coats, jump on it! I got one through the Charity Auction thread and it's seriously soft. I hate taking it off after I put it on.
1642016344370.png
1642016365432.png

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How fortuitous that I had just gone on to the NMWA website earlier this morning to make a wish list. I didn't even realize there was a sale imminent!

I did use up a bunch of that sweet sweet LuxeSwap credit and picked up a few items:

View attachment 1735889

View attachment 1735891

View attachment 1735892

View attachment 1735895

I really wanted to pick up one of the DoppiaA duffle coats but I've got so much outerwear that doesn't get worn as it is...

If anybody is interested in the Doppiaa recycled cashmere coats, jump on it! I got one through the Charity Auction thread and it's seriously soft. I hate taking it off after I put it on.
View attachment 1735897 View attachment 1735898
I was looking at the cashmere coats. Has it been warm enough for you? Wondering if I can get away with wearing them in January thru March here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the cashmere coats. Has it been warm enough for you? Wondering if I can get away with wearing them in January thru March here.

I wore it one day last week when it was about 4º. I dropped my daughter off at school in the morning and then walked the 5 or 6 blocks to downtown Birmingham for a coffee before going back to my Jeep. I had a shetland sweater on under it but I was still plenty warm.

I wore the coat today as well. It's a lot warmer out today of course and with a Shaggy Dog shetland under the coat, I was overheating when I went for a walk around our office campus at lunchtime (I think my phone said it was like 38º at that point).

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1735889

View attachment 1735891

View attachment 1735892

View attachment 1735895

View attachment 1735897 View attachment 1735898
How did you size the DopiAa?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you size the DopiAa?

Mine is a 48.

I'm about 5' 8" (or shrinking down to 5' 7" or shorter now in my old age) and 160 pounds. I'm solidly a 40" chest in most sportcoats. I originally tried a 50 based on the measurements and another DoppiaA jacket I own but it was more than a bit too large across the shoulders and had too much excess material in the midsection even when worn over a sportcoat or heavy sweater. The 48 fit me perfectly.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 48.

I'm about 5' 8" (or shrinking down to 5' 7" or shorter now in my old age) and 160 pounds. I'm solidly a 40" chest in most sportcoats. I originally tried a 50 based on the measurements and another DoppiaA jacket I own but it was more than a bit too large across the shoulders and had too much excess material in the midsection even when worn over a sportcoat or heavy sweater. The 48 fit me perfectly.
Have a fit pic per chance?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52