• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning @gdl203 and @conceptual 4est - for the next round of Valstar Fall-Winter pre-ordering, will you be offering the below shearling double breasted peacoat in “standard” length again, and in different colors, like a few years ago?
For a brief moment. I got my hopes up that there would be another round of pre-orders for this AW ? Guess I'll just have to duke it out with everyone else when they drop.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Man, Kaptain Sunshine always seems to have like the most luxurious fabrics but these summertime ones are shockingly cool wearing. It's like they designed the collection around the idea that everything should be perfect for humid Tokyo summers. (maybe they did?)

Some highlights for me:

915E640F-552B-43FB-9D27-BC70A853D526.jpeg 2BFF9A5E-93BE-43FD-96CD-468706EB04D4.jpeg

Paper tee is back. Above in light grey, along with navy and black cotton/silk seersucker. The pants this season are really nice. deep single pleat and very attractive side tabs, with sewn-in cuffs at the bottom.

EC3228D0-C8B0-42B7-9D3D-894866AE61F8.jpeg D2F85346-9798-450D-A15C-FF36CDAE04DD.jpeg
Navy blue paper tee and light blue easy shorts in the same washed linen and silk as the easy pants we did. We also got these in that same safari beige linen and silk from the easy pants.

E4B7184D-4067-4D62-A62A-9A4188157F89.jpeg 63C83775-630C-447F-92CE-CF35856E8449.jpeg

Cargo pocket shirt in cotton, linen, and silk. SUPER dry and crunchy hand though. It's a different composition to the M43 cargo pants and the zip jacket, but it's most comparable to those, just dryer and even cooler wearing. Tee is the nicest merino wool jersey I've ever felt, and has a slightly higher collar that I think makes it nice to wear with a jacket even. The shorts are Gurhka shorts in the same slubby cotton and linen from the belted trousers. We did these in the black seen above as well as the ecru that we had the belted ones in.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

Reaction score

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, Kaptain Sunshine always seems to have like the most luxurious fabrics but these summertime ones are shockingly cool wearing. It's like they designed the collection around the idea that everything should be perfect for humid Tokyo summers. (maybe they did?)

Some highlights for me:

View attachment 1608257 View attachment 1608258

Paper tee is back. Above in light grey, along with navy and black cotton/silk seersucker. The pants this season are really nice. deep single pleat and very attractive side tabs, with sewn-in cuffs at the bottom.

View attachment 1608259 View attachment 1608260
Navy blue paper tee and light blue easy shorts in the same washed linen and silk as the easy pants we did. We also got these in that same safari beige linen and silk from the easy pants.

View attachment 1608261 View attachment 1608262

Cargo pocket shirt in cotton, linen, and silk. SUPER dry and crunchy hand though. It's a different composition to the M43 cargo pants and the zip jacket, but it's most comparable to those, just dryer and even cooler wearing. Tee is the nicest merino wool jersey I've ever felt, and has a slightly higher collar that I think makes it nice to wear with a jacket even. The shorts are Gurhka shorts in the same slubby cotton and linen from the belted trousers. We did these in the black seen above as well as the ecru that we had the belted ones in.

You are literally killing me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That cargo shirt !

giphy.gif

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this year’s KS finx belted trousers? The ones I got last year shrank quite a bit in length after a few washes (cold, hang dry). I wondered if this year’s have the same feature.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
That cargo shirt !

giphy.gif

This one actually got even more interesting after figuring out the description. (For everyone else here that isn't Greg, who has also trudged through KS line sheets, their product and fabric descriptions translate from Japanese in the most absurd ways).

The fabric is inspired by some old British military garments, that used linen combined with [some kind of] super durable yarn to create a mesh fabric that is still strong enough for military use. In true Kaptain Sunshine fashion, they did this with expensive long-staple cotton for the warp, and then twisted linen with silk for the weft. The best thing I can compare it to would be in-between a wool fresco where you have something high-twist in an open weave, and a washi paper shirt where you have something that feels dry but not scratchy. Really cool stuff that was fun to geek out about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads