• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Can someone advise on Thuya sizing? I'm 42.5 on Vass F last, 9.5 US in most Aldens, etc. Do I go 8.5 on this one?

I'd say 8.5 based on this.

So, rather like me. Plenty of room in the chest and across the back? Was that a 36 you had on?

Yup, I was wearing a 36 and plenty of room across the chest and back.

@conceptual 4est @gdl203

What size would you recommend in the Fujito knits for me? 5'8", 160 lbs, M in most brands except L in Japanese sized brands. Trying to figure out if I'm a 2 or 3. I'm leaning 3.

Which one - the crewneck sweater or the knit polo? Just want to double-check them but my gut says 3 for now.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say 8.5 based on this.

Yup, I was wearing a 36 and plenty of room across the chest and back.

Which one - the crewneck sweater or the knit polo? Just want to double-check them but my gut says 3 for now.

@conceptual 4est Both actually :-D I'm usually one size larger than you across brands.

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still debating that mixed tweeds thing. What's the sizing like? I had to go to an XL for the two-button Deutschleder jacket, though L looks like it'd work from the measurements?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your haul? You've picked up some nice things over the past months : )

Surprisingly, this is my first NMWA purchase since the beginning of November :shocked:

However, in light of a "new client bonus" (nothing like a TRO and PI/TI in another state (which was filed on the Friday before Christmas and ruined the last two weeks of my life)), I kind of went buck wild (and my order is kind of insane):

20180927054.jpg

20181106039.jpg

20181015157.jpg

20181023065.jpg

20181015117.jpg

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, this is my first NMWA purchase since the beginning of November :shocked:

However, in light of a "new client bonus" (nothing like a TRO and PI/TI in another state (which was filed on the Friday before Christmas and ruined the last two weeks of my life)), I kind of went buck wild (and my order is kind of insane):

20180927054.jpg

20181106039.jpg

20181015157.jpg

20181023065.jpg

20181015117.jpg

SWD level now passing 70%

lalilulelo1122

Reaction score
Any Bumfreezer is better than no Bumfreezer, but if you were picking one: Navy Hopsack or Green Herringbone?

I like the green w/ shearling more than the navy, but for an everyday jacket I'm thinking a solid color might work better.

It's a tough one and I don't think you can go wrong with either. I had the same option last year and I went for the green herringbone. I don't regret it a single bit. The herringbone definitely gives it some added character as well. If I had to choose now, I would be more torn between the burgundy color vs the green herringbone. I just tried looking for some pics of mine and haven't had the best luck but here are two that kinda show what the color looks like in different lighting conditions (one being pretty blurry from a friend's instagram):

Screenshot_20190104-161452.png

IMG_20180407_210222.jpg

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are folks' general thoughts on lighter colored knit hats? I've always tended toward darker colors--dark green, navy/blue, medium grey, black--but lately the thought of a toned white/pale color seems appealing for a bit more contrast against darker coats. I've noticed Greg sporting what appears to be a very light grey hat recently and @FrankCowperwood has been wearing an off-white one the past couple seasons I think. Specifically I was thinking about something like this IM "Sabbia" light beige knit http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...classic-ribbed-fisherman-merino-wool-hat.html

Seems like it might provide a nice contrast to a navy, brown, or army green jacket underneath. How much does hair color/ skin tone come into play? (medium complected/ whole lotta grey in my case). Thinking of changing it up a little.

Btw, these hats are great in case anyone's wondering (I currently have 3, angling for more)--well-constructed, warm, nice comfy fit, good-looking.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

20180927054.jpg

20181106039.jpg

20181015157.jpg

20181023065.jpg

20181015117.jpg

Should have copped the shearling my dude.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are folks' general thoughts on lighter colored knit hats? I've always tended toward darker colors--dark green, navy/blue, medium grey, black--but lately the thought of a toned white/pale color seems appealing for a bit more contrast against darker coats. I've noticed Greg sporting what appears to be a very light grey hat recently and @FrankCowperwood has been wearing an off-white one the past couple seasons I think. Specifically I was thinking about something like this IM "Sabbia" light beige knit http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...classic-ribbed-fisherman-merino-wool-hat.html

Seems like it might provide a nice contrast to a navy, brown, or army green jacket underneath. How much does hair color/ skin tone come into play? (medium complected/ whole lotta grey in my case). Thinking of changing it up a little.

Btw, these hats are great in case anyone's wondering (I currently have 3, angling for more)--well-constructed, warm, nice comfy fit, good-looking.

i really like this hat and was one of the items i was debating. i think you're spot on it would go with basically any color you'd want to wear it with. some may care about how complexion affects the wearing of certain colors but generally i think that's a personal choice and i do not abide by it. (DWW had an interesting write up on his blog a while back on this).

if you're a bit unsure about the white, maybe the Bordeaux?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey Kyle, do the KS Gurkha trousers fit like the herringbone aplaca trousers you wore in the rooftop photos, in terms of silhouette and taper?

Following up on this - do the Gurkha trousers fit fairly slim like the herringbone alpaca or are they on the wide side? How wide is the ankle on a 36?

conceptual 4est

Reaction score

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Following up on this - do the Gurkha trousers fit fairly slim like the herringbone alpaca or are they on the wide side? How wide is the ankle on a 36?

They're both really baggy. Both TTS in the waist with big legs, big leg openings, slightly cropped inseam. The herringbone ones look less baggy because of the sharp center crease, though.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This one is also nice http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/chunky-ribbed-wool-cap-marled-indigo-grey.html

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaMicallef