• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are still available, no?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A couple of questions:

1. Do you think it would be straightforward to have the sleeves shortened on the Pedaled jacket? I was looking at the Pedaled website and the sleeve length for size S is 27.4", which is about 3" too long for me.

2. Could you post thigh measurements for the Rota trousers for size 46 and 48?

Also, if anyone who's bought the Rota pants has experience with Howard Yount's US cut, a fit comparison would be great! The HY US-cut fit me perfectly in size 32.

Thanks very much,
Hal

1. The sleeve length on that jacket is VERY tricky to assess based on measurements. Since the jacket is optimized for riding, the sleeves are cut in a curved shape. I would caution against jumping to conclusions because of that.

2. Will do on Monday.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Inis Meain sweaters shrink? I have a chest size of 42" but like my sweaters a little loose. What size do you recommend?
No they don't shrink unless you decide to wash them warm. If anything knits, stretch a little bit over time - but that is mostly in length.

I'm a 42" inch chest and wear L in Inis Meain. If you're looking for a looser fit, XL may be better.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
damn you

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, but not at 30% off!
That's true but it never was 30% off. It was 15% off during the sale. It is 10% off now with DEC10SF. Our markup on those bags is such that we couldn't reasonably go 30% off.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bag is still a great value at full pop, going to cop one early next year if its a perennial item

countrygent

Reaction score

1.  The sleeve length on that jacket is VERY tricky to assess based on measurements.  Since the jacket is optimized for riding, the sleeves are cut in a curved shape.  I would caution against jumping to conclusions because of that.

2.  Will do on Monday.  

OK, thanks very much for the response!

H

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But you've only one kidney left.  And we still haven't heard from Junior...

i have 11 kidneys. junior is well. :)

They look awesome. Only thing keeping me away is that I prefer a much higher rise on my trousers.

thanks! i cant deal with high rise. we are teh opposite!

i think this looks great (and i am wearing the same sweater today) :)

thank you kindly, edouard. im sure you look wonderful. :slayer:

Does Inis Meain sweaters shrink? I have a chest size of 42" but like my sweaters a little loose. What size do you recommend?

im a 42 and the one in the pic i posted yesterday is a L. if you like a looser fit you might be better with an XL. or buy both and return what does not fit. greg assured me its not a dick move to do that. i asked.

Also, if anyone who's bought the Rota pants has experience with Howard Yount's US cut, a fit comparison would be great! The HY US-cut fit me perfectly in size 32.

iirc i think my US HYs in 38 are pretty similar to the rota 54s (have not worn HYs since summer) ,with the rotas being a little bit slimmer. id say a rota 54 is somewhere between a US 38 HY and a IT HY of the same size. dont know if that helps. good luck !

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also, THE RUST CALBRESE ARRIVED!!!!!

its awesome. its not yellow, its not orange, its the perfect rust color.

quick pic of mediocre quality.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
damn

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.