• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to replicate a Kamakura BD collar, but with hidden buttons. There are some working environments were ties cannot be worn 90% of the time, but button down collars are looked down upon as well. A hidden button down collar would be the perfect solution for such a conundrum. 
I have a couple made by another MTM tailor. Be careful when pressing as it doesn't take long for the pressing to make an imprint in the collar of the loops specially with colored shirts. Less noticeable with white. I should have expected this since another member tried to warn me. Try one and see if you like it. Just something to consider. Good Luck

sample pic of what I tried to replicate (this is Phat Guido's)
[ATTACHMENT=9028]hiddenbutton.jpg (175k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:

roquesoon

Reaction score
When increasing collar band height on a shirt, how much should I increase the point length by to keep it in proportion? My geometry is a little rusty, but without the actual collar in front of me to measure, it seems like I'm missing a couple of the relevant measurements to make the calculation.

Specifically I'm trying to copy Spandexter's Barba collar copy, but increase the front and back band height by another .5cm. Got a long neck.

Am I sweating this too much?
dozingoff.gif

jaidog

Reaction score
I'm going to replicate a Kamakura BD collar, but with hidden buttons. There are some working environments were ties cannot be worn 90% of the time, but button down collars are looked down upon as well. A hidden button down collar would be the perfect solution for such a conundrum.

Hidden button down collars seem to be mentioned somewhat frequently. I've used metallic collar stays along with a magnet to achieve the same result. Seems just as effective as a hidden button down, and perhaps more versatile since removing the magnet gets one back to the original collar. Can a hidden button down collar be "unbuttoned", or will this expose the hidden button and/or tabs?

By the way, I still believe that larger collars which look good with a suit/tie won't look that great even with magnets or hidden button down collars. I may have to come terms with the fact that I'll need different shirts for suit/tie vs casual wear.

Quote:
I'll try to find some pics of Luxire's standard wide spread. Anyone know the length of the points, spread distance, and band heights for Luxire's standard wide spread collar? If only Luxire had collar specifications like ProperCloth...

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wide spread or English spread looks good to me. Maybe play around with fused collars as well. Honestly luxire really needs to revamp their website with images and text of all their custom shirts. Their website is absolutely terrible and doesn't reflect the product accurately. Luxire has nailed all my requests from the first shirt

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple made by another MTM tailor. Be careful when pressing as it doesn't take long for the pressing to make an imprint in the collar of the loops specially with colored shirts. Less noticeable with white. I should have expected this since another member tried to warn me. Try one and see if you like it. Just something to consider. Good Luck

sample pic of what I tried to replicate (this is Phat Guido's)

Hidden button down collars seem to be mentioned somewhat frequently. I've used metallic collar stays along with a magnet to achieve the same result. Seems just as effective as a hidden button down, and perhaps more versatile since removing the magnet gets one back to the original collar. Can a hidden button down collar be "unbuttoned", or will this expose the hidden button and/or tabs?

By the way, I still believe that larger collars which look good with a suit/tie won't look that great even with magnets or hidden button down collars. I may have to come terms with the fact that I'll need different shirts for suit/tie vs casual wear.

I'll try to find some pics of Luxire's standard wide spread. Anyone know the length of the points, spread distance, and band heights for Luxire's standard wide spread collar? If only Luxire had collar specifications like ProperCloth...

Thanks guys! Metal collar stays won't do, as I like the collar to have some roll. The collar points will be hidden by my jacket anyways, so an imprint doesn't matter much to me. I might just not iron the collar points. It'll be a fun experiment, so I'll order it soon and report back here!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks real good.
+1 Collar details and order #?
#6858. For my first order, I sent Ashish a picture of the collar on a shirt I already owned. This last order added .25" to the collar band height and .5" to the collar points. It is the Brembana Blue University Stripes, but I don't detect any sheen. The collar and cuffs have the soft, fused interlining. My first shirt had no interlining, and the second a soft, unfused interlining. For my taste, the fused interlining looks much cleaner, and I detect no real difference in softness.
LL
LL
I think the two photos above provide perfect illustration for my question: Is there a collar style which looks as good with a suit/tie as it does without a suit/tie? I think the collar above looks fantastic with a tie and suit, but not so great without. It almost seems like a collar with longer points and higher band heights is better for a suit/tie while one with shorter points and lower band heights works better unbuttoned without a suit. Wondering if there is a collar which would work well for both situations. Or, am I asking for too much?
The length of the points and the spread of the collar don't really lend themselves to wearing without a tie and jacket. The spread would also make for a weird buttondown in my opinion. I think the collar looks fine without a tie as long as you're wearing a jacket.

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone here can offer some assistance. I'd like to order a pair of trousers through Luxire. Can anyone tell me what the waistband construction is like? In particular, are the waistbands stiff, soft, etc? One of my dislikes is when trousers have these stiff, fused waistbands that feel like cardboard. Thanks! :)

jaidog

Reaction score
#6858. For my first order, I sent Ashish a picture of the collar on a shirt I already owned. This last order added .25" to the collar band height and .5" to the collar points. It is the Brembana Blue University Stripes, but I don't detect any sheen. The collar and cuffs have the soft, fused interlining. My first shirt had no interlining, and the second a soft, unfused interlining. For my taste, the fused interlining looks much cleaner, and I detect no real difference in softness.
The length of the points and the spread of the collar don't really lend themselves to wearing without a tie and jacket. The spread would also make for a weird buttondown in my opinion. I think the collar looks fine without a tie as long as you're wearing a jacket.

The more photos I see of that collar, the more I like it (provided it is worn with a jacket).
After adding the 1/2" to the collar points, what is the final measurement of the points.
And, what's the measurement of the spread between the two points?

Any pics with this shirt and just a tie (no jacket)??

Last edited:

Fouracle

Reaction score
Ordered a shirt and a trouser totaling about $200 after including shipping cost on April 5, received on April 27. The quality of the items are great. However, I received a bill from FedEx to pay duties about $19 in total. I was under the impression that the increased shipping costs are supposed to cover any duties that we have to pay? I live in Canada btw.

Just wanted to provide an update. I showed Theresa a copy of the invoice and she has agreed to refund the full amount. Hopefully this won't be an issue for any future orders.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
#6858. For my first order, I sent Ashish a picture of the collar on a shirt I already owned. This last order added .25" to the collar band height and .5" to the collar points. It is the Brembana Blue University Stripes, but I don't detect any sheen. The collar and cuffs have the soft, fused interlining. My first shirt had no interlining, and the second a soft, unfused interlining. For my taste, the fused interlining looks much cleaner, and I detect no real difference in softness. The length of the points and the spread of the collar don't really lend themselves to wearing without a tie and jacket. The spread would also make for a weird buttondown in my opinion. I think the collar looks fine without a tie as long as you're wearing a jacket.
The more photos I see of that collar, the more I like it (provided it is worn with a jacket). After adding the 1/2" to the collar points, what is the final measurement of the points. And, what's the measurement of the spread between the two points? Any pics with this shirt and just a tie (no jacket)??
Since they based it on the picture, I have no measurements. Sorry. I'm certain that you can reference the order number and get the same, though.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How would spending $30+ on swatches from somewhere I probably wasn't going to order from in the future not be a loss? Not only that, the swatches were specifically described as the loss I wanted to cut. Try more reading comprehension and less trolling.

At least they quickly refunded me. Probably won't order again unless I'm amazed with the shirt, but their email customer service isn't bad at all.

So you completely changed your mind and demanded your 1800 rupees back because you were made to suffer the indignity of a small wait.

Yea. Like I said, GTFO.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hoping someone here can offer some assistance. I'd like to order a pair of trousers through Luxire. Can anyone tell me what the waistband construction is like? In particular, are the waistbands stiff, soft, etc? One of my dislikes is when trousers have these stiff, fused waistbands that feel like cardboard. Thanks! :)

They'll make it however you want. You could probably get it lined with unicorn pelts if you really wanted.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eh, not so sure about that. I think Vox got the last of the genuine unicorn pelts for a dinner jacket.

Doan Tu Thanh

Reaction score
Interesting; is this the glen plaid linen? If so, any chance you can share some more of your impressions and pics?

That's the one. I went for side adjustor, 2 inch cufffs and full front interlining. The pants are breathable, but not to lightweight because of the lining, which is exactly the way I want it. The pattern looks nicer in real life imo, not too stand out but enough to be noticed. So far they are already my favourite, and I will order at least another pair before summer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads