• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OUR NEW AMERICAN-MADE CUSTOM SACK JACKET

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Princeton RTC Leader.jpg

Hey everyone!

Ever since we started up our Rochester Tailored Clothing thread, the most popular request for for a traditional sack jacket. Made in the States. 3-roll-2 and 3-button cuffs. Fully canvassed, full liner, and a center vent.

I'm thrilled to say that we added this shape to our custom lineup today! I took at look at the existing models and found them to be either very slim and short (shoutout to Thom Browne) or fairly generous. Our shape aims to split the difference between that. We have a traditional sportcoat length and a comfortable waist matched to the soft shoulder and athletic sleeve that we offer in our other jackets.

You can see the item here.

And if you're ordering before Wed, July 12th, then you can use this code to take $150 off the price.

princeton150

That's equal to our full canvas upgrade charge. Our friends at RTC were generous to waive that fee for our launch and we're passing along those savings.

I think that our native fit is excellent on this, but it's an entirely custom piece. We'll do the chest, waist, sleeve, and length that you need. If you don't like triple open patch then you can pick your pockets. You can do 4 buttons at cuff or 2 buttons. If you want an American-made Sack Jacket, then I want to make it for you! So just let me know what you'd like if you don't see it in our options.

Princeton Lay Down.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I put together a quick video on the fabrics with voiceover and commentary...

And thank you to everyone who reached out this weekend. If you look in the lower right of our website (desktop or mobile), there's a blue chat icon. If you have any questions and you want to reach me directly, just use that. We can talk in real time, and I can send pics and product links easily.

Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 12.18.25 AM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads