1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Sep 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

probably my favorite brand of shoes, in addition to Alden and Paul Smith All of mine are based on the same style, heavy brogue with double sole. These are some serious shit kickers, heavy, but very comfortable and need no break in. Looks great with jeans, not really suitable for trousers unless it's something textured like tweed or flannel. Sizing wise, they run very TTS. Despite them looking large they dont fit large at all imo. Navy brogues from Present in london, 100% same as the Junya Watanabe collab which cost 2x [​IMG] Forest Green brogue from Present London. With dainite sole [​IMG] White brogue from Present London, dainite sole [​IMG] Acorn Antique from pediwear, havent even worn them yet! [​IMG] Japan only edition Paul Smith collab brogue boot (basically the Stow boot with dainite sole in a PS only color leather and addtl brogueing detail that the normal Stow doesnt have), dainite sole [​IMG] anyone else a fan?

2. Get Smart

I knew I was forgetting one, Woodstock in antique marron from oipolloi [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

4. Dewey

Dewey Well-Known Member

Just broke out my Stows for the fall, good idea for a thread.

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

One of my favorite brands as well. Somehow, despite the fact that I rather like their country offerings, I only have the more citified stuff - a Marlow pebble derby and a Lambourn chelsea (with purple contrast gore).

6. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

i've been eyeing the Junya editions. you're right. exact same.

are they like the barrie last?

7. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

Japan only edition Paul Smith collab brogue boot (basically the Stow boot with dainite sole in a PS only color leather and addtl brogueing detail that the normal Stow doesnt have), dainite sole
    [​IMG]

anyone else a fan?

I am of those

8. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

I am of those

Most definitely. [​IMG]

9. robin

robin Well-Known Member

Who stocks trickers in the US?

Jack straw in Seattle has two custom boot models, but he's charging $700 a pair.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

+1

11. Wretched

Wretched Active Member

I've got MTO Hermanns in Mogano brown cordovan coming in about 4 weeks. I saw them in the custom gallery and couldn't resist. I'll post pics when they come in.

12. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

waiting to get me some brogue stow boots...love those dam boots.

13. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

14. mcqueen

mcqueen Well-Known Member

Just broke out my Stows for the fall, good idea for a thread.

I was just thinking about doing the same earlier today. Definitely looking forward to weaing these within the next few days! Love these boots.

15. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Well-Known Member

The need for this thread is long overdue!! I get all my Tricker's MTO's from Richard at the Shoehealer. http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/ They also have a facebook page where you can share info with other fans.

16. Get Smart

are they like the barrie last?

no, you dont need to size down. It's a wide last but not long, so good for wider feet.

I didnt know Tom LS stocks them, have never seen them in any stores myself. But the UK sites they are readily avail at are all great, super fast shipping and they deduct VAT so with the current exchange rate they end up being under $400 for most pairs.

Definitely take a look at Pediwear, they ship Trickers for FREE, deduct VAT, threw in a pair of awesome shoe trees and polish. AND, when you buy your first pair from them you automatically get put on their "Trickers Club" so in the future any website orders you get all that PLUS an additional 5% off. killer deal once you know exactly what size works for you which isnt hard because they are very TTS, and if you dont know your "true size" I think the best method is to try on a pair of Allen Edmonds (which fit very true ime), find the size that fits best (in whole sizes) then subtract 1 for the UK equivalent.

17. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

But where to cop in NYC? I want combat sole'd brogues dog.

18. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Well-Known Member

Yeah! Glad to see this thread.

I'm a fan, hoping to get a spare day to make a pilgrimage to the factory shop this fall. These Stow are now two years old, probably a year's consistent wear.

[​IMG]

The Bureau in Belfast do some beautiful custom versions:

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop...or-the-bureau/

And Present, Shoreditch, have an interesting range of Vibram sole versions. Not to my personal taste but I always love to see Tricker's featured in a new outlet:

[​IMG]

19. bohemianmidnight

bohemianmidnight Well-Known Member

these are nice, yet compared to alden they are hideous imo.