• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Rochester Tailored Clothing (formerly Hickey Freeman) Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2114389

Save 20% on 4-Season Woolen Sportcoats, Suits, and Trousers

We're thrilled to announce our partnership with Huddersfield cloth of the UK!

We've brought on over 50 fabrics from their exceptional 4-season collection, and every one of them is available to order in our full range of shapes. The fabrics are luxurious, comfortable, durable, and great value for their cost.

There is a gorgeous range of solids, patterns & checks, and classic textures to choose from. With our new logistics in place, we expect the garments to ship from the factory to us within six weeks.

Moreover, we've added in our popular Princeton Sack Jacket as an available sportcoat shape, and you may now opt for Full Canvas construction on any of our sportcoats.

Use the code below to save 20% on all Huddersfield Suits, Sportcoat, and Trousers until Sunday.

rtc20

Sunday is going to be the hard and fast deadline. We'll get an annual price increase in mid-February, so this is going to be the best pricing that we can offer on these luxe staple fabrics.

Sportcoats: $920 after discount

Suits (2-Piece): $1196 after discount

Trousers: $300 after discount

The fabrics are arranged into three categories (solids, patterns, and textured), with two online items (suits & sportcoats and trousers)

I think you’ve got an error in your links.

Looks like and extra dot after dot com before /

As posted doesn’t work. Spaces and “dot” added to see text of links
https://epauletbrand dot com ./collections/epaulet-x-rochester-tailored-clothing

I think it should be:
https://epauletbrand dot com/collections/epaulet-x-rochester-tailored-clothing

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh thanks! Huh, not even sure how that happened, but it should be fixed now. There's just two links:

Suits and Sportcoats:

Trousers:

But yeah, this is going to be the best time to order this stuff.. the pricing is honestly phenomenal for American-made quality, especially for guys who prefer full canvas construction. Please feel free to use the website chat function to speak to me directly, or post any questions here.

And... if you own American-made pieces from Hickey Freeman, J.Press, Southwick or Brooks Brothers, then chances are we have that exact pattern on hand. Or I can work with garment measurements to figure out exactly what you need. All of our base fits can be tweaked with MTM sizing.

If you're unsure of your sizing but sure of the fabric that you want, then order this weekend and write HOLD FOR SIZING. As long as the order is confirmed and paid, I can give the discounted pricing. We can take our time to figure out what you need after that.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
LAST DAY FOR 20% OFF HUDDERSFIELD SUITS, SPORTCOATS, AND TROUSERS

One last reminder, and then I promise.. I'll stop banging on about this 😁

Here's the link to see the full collection. There are three categories of fabrics. You can order suits and sportcoats in one item, and trousers in the other item.

And no worries if you need some time to figure out your sizing. This deadline is fixed so that they can batch together their fabric order. I'm sending them our orders tonight, and tomorrow (Monday) they're going to collate everything and order the cloth from the UK. It will take a week or so to get the fabric, so no problem if you need some time to decide on the sizing and styling.

You can still get the discount if your order today. You just have to be sure what fabric you want and what shape (suit, sportcoat, or trouser) that you want to order.

IMG_6546.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Apologies for the lack of updates, I've been working like crazy this past week in Rochester. I'm going to roll out a collection of promo fabrics for all of our shapes this week. Three notes on this:

1) As you might know, RTC changed it's ownership last year. This made things a bit chaotic with both production and fabric inventory. They moved a bunch of equipment internally to consolidate their workflow. My apologies to anyone who faced delays last year, but we plan to be on track to be on time with all shipments in 2024.

2) Although a lot of promo fabrics went away with the changeover, a lot of them became available. More than I've ever had before and more than I can launch at one time. I have AMAZING stuff. I'm going to start with the heavier weight goods as we can still deliver before the start of Spring.

3) The pricing on these fabrics is great. Not only that... we're up against a significant general price increase on 2/15. So any orders you place between now and 2/15 will not only get this promotional pricing, but the lowest promotional pricing that we'll ever offer.

This push is intentional on RTC's part. Late Jan to mid-Feb is a fairly slow time for production and they'd love to fill the line up with new work and turn lots of fabric inventory into clothes. It's a great opportunity to take advantage of that and get some boss new clothing at an awesome price.

4) We have a new overcoat shape that many guys have been asking for. May I introduce the RTC Balmaccan! There won't be time to get the sample shot on a model, so these are going to be the pics we present. I'll have full measurements online. The belt is removable:

Balmaccan Preview1.jpg

Balmaccan Preview2.jpg

Balmaccan3.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
like the fabric color (simple but fits cm well), need some beefy DB coat though

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
like the fabric color (simple but fits cm well), need some beefy DB coat though
I can make that happen! We have a great DB polo coat. When you're ready to order, drop me a line [email protected]. It's a bit more expensive due to the extra fabric, but we can absolutely do it.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh thanks! Huh, not even sure how that happened, but it should be fixed now. There's just two links:

Suits and Sportcoats:

Trousers:

But yeah, this is going to be the best time to order this stuff.. the pricing is honestly phenomenal for American-made quality, especially for guys who prefer full canvas construction. Please feel free to use the website chat function to speak to me directly, or post any questions here.

And... if you own American-made pieces from Hickey Freeman, J.Press, Southwick or Brooks Brothers, then chances are we have that exact pattern on hand. Or I can work with garment measurements to figure out exactly what you need. All of our base fits can be tweaked with MTM sizing.

If you're unsure of your sizing but sure of the fabric that you want, then order this weekend and write HOLD FOR SIZING. As long as the order is confirmed and paid, I can give the discounted pricing. We can take our time to figure out what you need after that.
Do you have any patterns for Chipp/Winston Tailors?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any patterns for Chipp/Winston Tailors?
Did they do production at Hickey Freeman? If so then we might if you want to tell me a specific size and model.

If not, we can also do a made to measure version of one of their jackets

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not know who made their clothing. I believe that it varied among the natural
shoulder makers like Southwick. The model I am interested in is their more fitted
one with darts and sometimes side vents. When I next visit NYC I'll contact you in
advance. The jacket(s) I have will have to be sized up if that is possible. I am in CA.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah I gotcha.

So we do offer a beautiful Sack jacket called the "Princeton." It's a more fitted Ivy-style jacket that's typically made a center hook vent, 3-roll-2, and no darts. It can be done half or full canvas. It has a natural shoulder.
Princeton Suit Pinstripe Main.jpg
Princeton Suit Pinstripe Lapel.jpg

You can certainly tweak that by adding darts and choosing side vents. We can do 2 or 3 buttons at the cuff as desired.

I'm actually in California as well.. my showroom is in Redondo Beach, about a 15 minute drive from LAX. I do in-person fittings, but about 95% of my work is done entirely remote. You can take basic measurements of a jacket you own and we can do a quick 15 minute video call. I'm very skilled at seeing exactly what you need. Even if your jacket is too small, we can figure out what changes will improve the fit.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I gotcha.

So we do offer a beautiful Sack jacket called the "Princeton." It's a more fitted Ivy-style jacket that's typically made a center hook vent, 3-roll-2, and no darts. It can be done half or full canvas. It has a natural shoulder. View attachment 2122915 View attachment 2122917

You can certainly tweak that by adding darts and choosing side vents. We can do 2 or 3 buttons at the cuff as desired.

I'm actually in California as well.. my showroom is in Redondo Beach, about a 15 minute drive from LAX. I do in-person fittings, but about 95% of my work is done entirely remote. You can take basic measurements of a jacket you own and we can do a quick 15 minute video call. I'm very skilled at seeing exactly what you need. Even if your jacket is too small, we can figure out what changes will improve the fit.
Alas, I am in the Bay Area. Last November, I was visiting family in LA and San Diego. The next
time I am in SoCal I'll contact you in advance.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Balloon Wool YT.jpg

Hey guys,

I've got my first two promotional fabrics online for RTC. We're offering 15% off until next Thursday (while supplies last) and the initial price is already significantly discounted from the MSRP.
The first cloth is navy "Balloon Hopsack." It's a lightweight pure wool woven in England by Hardy Minnis. This is a really popular fabric for navy suits and sportcoats in warmer climates. It breathes exceptionally well and it's naturally wrinkle-resistant.

Use this code to get the discount: rtc15

I've got 25 yards, so enough for a few suits and other pieces. It's on hand and ready to cut immediately. If you need a classic navy piece for your wardrobe, then this is a fantastic buy.

Again, the prices at RTC go up about 12% on 2/15, so it's a great time to order if these fabrics catch your eye. This is divided into three categories on our site:

SPORTCOATS AND SUITS: From $931 with code rtc15
Balloon Leader Suiting.jpg

TROUSERS: $310 with code rtc15
Balloon Leader Trouser.jpg

DOYLES, TEBA JACKETS, AND FIELD JACKETS: From $425 with code rtc15
Balloon Leader Jackets.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For some navy jacket inspiration: here's our Princeton sack jacket with RTC.

Crafted with Hardy Minnis 3-ply hopsack, full canvas, center vent, 3-patch pockets, 3-roll-2 front, and gold buttons. The skull & bones liner makes a rad accent for it as well.

Navy Blazer1.jpg

Navy Blazer2.jpg

Navy Blazer3.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last season, I sourced a beautiful Olive Sateen cotton from Japan. This is military reproduction fabric with an incredibly soft hand and smooth finish.

I knew it would make for some boss custom trousers. There was enough for about 10 units, and they sold through quickly.

The first makeups just arrived, and they're even *better* than I anticipated. Huge thanks to everyone who ordered! It's hard to show the real character of cotton twills in photos, but these are really exceptional. I hope that you guys love them!

The trouser models shown are (1) Nico Trouser (2) Walt Trouser (3) Taylor Trouser

Sateen Nico.jpg
Sateen Walt.jpg
Sateen Taylor.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry for being MIA... this has been my biggest week of custom tailoring orders since 2019, so it's been dominating most of my time. Huge thanks to everyone who's ordered!

In case you didn't get the email, our 15% off promo is ending for three different categories of fabrics today (Sunday, 2/18). Use the code RTC15 at checkout.

You can get any of our shapes in any of the fabrics. I'm talking suits, sportcoats, trousers, overcoats, Teba jackets, Doyle Chore Coats, and Field Jackets.

If you're unsure of your sizing but you want to get your order in, just make your best guess and write "HOLD FOR SIZING" in the checkout comments. I'll follow up with you next week with a size consultation. As long as we have the order paid and the fabric reserved today, then I can honor this price discount.

unnamed.jpg

VIEW ALL HARRIS TWEED ITEMS

Woven in Scotland, Harris Tweed is one of the most iconic fabrics on Earth. These heavyweight 18oz pure woolens are famous for their warmth, durability, and complexity. Their style is enduring and timeless.

Over the past 15 years, we've sold thousands of Harris Tweed garments. We're thrilled to now offer the most expansive selection of patterns, herringbones, twills, and textures - over 25 fabrics in all!

unnamed (2).jpg

VIEW ALL RACING GREEN CAMEL HAIR ITEMS

Woven in England by Joshua Ellis, this is amongst the finest and most luxurious camel hair in the world. It weighs in at a substantial 20oz weight for incredible warmth and comfort.

This "Racing Green" tone is incredibly rare, and it's absolutely striking in person. It matches flawlessly to khaki, navy, and grey, and it looks great with denim. Pure camel hair of this caliber is crafted from long, unbroken fibers.

It's softer than wool and significantly more durable. Its also naturally pill-resistant. We have 50 yards available, and we can use for all of our custom designs - including trousers! . This promotional pricing is approximately 50% off our MSRP.

unnamed (1).jpg

VIEW ALL HARDY MINNIS NAVY "BALLOON" HOPSACK ITEMS

Woven in England by Hardy Minnis, this stunning pure wool is lightweight, breathable, and crafted with natural stretch.

Often called "Balloon hopsack" due to its airy nature, this super high-twist yarn has a remarkably open weave. It's opaque when you wear it, but hold it up to the light and you'll see its mesh-like structure. It's wrinkle resistant and makes a great travel companion.

The cloth is technically four-season, but works particularly well in warmer temperatures. This promotional pricing is approximately 35% off our MSRP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads