• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besnard - Official Affiliate Thread

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Victor, what mill is the hopsack from?
Increasingly, we are establishing direct relationships with mills, moving away from merchants, all in the pursuit of offering quality and exclusive fabrics. Our commitment to maintaining the exclusivity of our brand entails being quite selective about the details we disclose publicly. The hopsack fabric in question is produced by a distinguished mill in Yorkshire and will soon be available for made-to-order.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1712079697413.png

New Arrivals | Mogador Ties

These ties are crafted from fine Mogador, woven for us in the heart of Como by Italy's oldest silk mill. Mogador features a tight weave with fine ribs, employing cotton yarn on the warp and silk yarn on the weft. This combination results in a crisp fabric with a matte finish, presenting a somewhat muted colour palette.

Explore the new collection here.

1712079940719.png

New Arrivals | Regimental Ties

The regimental tie, renowned for its iconic diagonal stripes, adds visual interest to any outfit. Simple yet elegant, it serves as the perfect accessory for both suits and sport coats. These regimental ties are made from a fine silk repp, woven for us in the heart of Como by Italy's oldest silk mill.

Made by hand in Italy, our ties feature hand-rolled blades and a 3-fold construction with light interlining to ensure a modest knot.

Explore the new collection here.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the plunge and just ordered the brown PoW sport coat as an MTO. The fabric looks amazing, just what I’ve been looking for. Also, as someone who’s a near-perfect 48EUR fit - except for the sleeves and jacket length - I’ve been waiting a long, long time for a reasonably priced service like this. Very glad you’re an SF affiliate @VictorBesnard, and I can’t wait to see the results of my commission!
IMG_4895.jpeg

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your order!
It's a lovely fabric indeed (exceptionally comfortable as well), I am positive you'll like it.
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you have received it.

Took the plunge and just ordered the brown PoW sport coat as an MTO. The fabric looks amazing, just what I’ve been looking for. Also, as someone who’s a near-perfect 48EUR fit - except for the sleeves and jacket length - I’ve been waiting a long, long time for a reasonably priced service like this. Very glad you’re an SF affiliate @VictorBesnard, and I can’t wait to see the results of my commission!
View attachment 2160971

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your order!
It's a lovely fabric indeed (exceptionally comfortable as well), I am positive you'll like it.
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you have received it.
I’m sure it will look spectacular, Victor 🙏🏻 And I will certainly be posting fit pics when it arrives.

dynemacron

Reaction score
I just wanted to say got another two MTM shirts from Victor delivered today. Love them. The cocktail cuff and the one piece both are great. They did a hidden button down collar for one too -- appreciate it.

Also got a Skipper Polo from him. This thing is great. Already thinking of buying more...

Rhodia

Reaction score
I just wanted to say got another two MTM shirts from Victor delivered today. Love them. The cocktail cuff and the one piece both are great. They did a hidden button down collar for one too -- appreciate it.

Also got a Skipper Polo from him. This thing is great. Already thinking of buying more...
How did you find the sizing on the polo? The size chart makes it appear quite small (24" half chest on the XXL!), but I'm curious for a real-world opinion.

dynemacron

Reaction score
How did you find the sizing on the polo? The size chart makes it appear quite small (24" half chest on the XXL!), but I'm curious for a real-world opinion.
I got a large -- my shirts are close to the 40 measurements from Besnard, though my neck / shoulders are more a 39. If you wear low rise pants it might not be for you.

Otherwise it fits fairly well -- shoulders are good. Material is a bit heavier than I thought but means its less sheer. Also the shoulder construction is a nice saddle shoulder for ease of mobility.

Have to see how it wears after washing it once...

Last edited:

Rhodia

Reaction score
I got a large -- my shirts are close to the 40 measurements from Besnard, though my neck / shoulders are more a 39. If you wear low rise pants it might not be for you.

Otherwise it fits fairly well -- shoulders are good. Material is a bit heavier than I thought but means its less sheer. Also the shoulder construction is a nice saddle shoulder for ease of mobility.

Have to see how it wears after washing it once...
Thank you for the feedback. It's definitely small-to-size then. I'm 42 in Besnard, but it's a trim fit across the back. I would be XXL.

No low rise trousers here, which is why I'm always on the lookout for these types of sweater polos.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@VictorBesnard, you mentioned there is a second sport coat coming for this season. Could you tease some fabric type/color info about it?
The second sport coat will launch tomorrow.

Here's a sneak preview
Besnard - j.vandegruiter - SS 2024 - 3 - kopie.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads