• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
New Leon boot in natural croc stamped leather, should be available in shops soon/now. Good for those looking for a white/ivory boot with character. Dunno if it’s my vibe, was hoping it was a taupe color
IMG_5336.jpeg
IMG_5337.jpeg
IMG_5339.jpeg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would even wear the 85mm heels but you never see one of those on sale on grailed. Does anybody own these here?
So, if I remember correctly, nobody in this thread rocked the 85 mm heel. I do remember people getting them when he did teh "French" boot at slp though.

I really wish they'd just done the regular white leather for those Leon boots. Another "L" in my view

jul

Reaction score
Hi this tabloid recently got a quote from some source that works closely with Hedi Slimane, which it basically says that Hedi Slimane wont return to Celine.

I was wondering if this thread had any comments on this and if you guys think this is credible. I am currently in the process of reaching out to Celine employees and the writer to see if this credible.

(sorry if this turns out false and am spreading false information)

slpldr

Reaction score
Hi this tabloid recently got a quote from some source that works closely with Hedi Slimane, which it basically says that Hedi Slimane wont return to Celine.

I was wondering if this thread had any comments on this and if you guys think this is credible. I am currently in the process of reaching out to Celine employees and the writer to see if this credible.

(sorry if this turns out false and am spreading false information)
After the last womenswear collection I got suspicious that he may jump to Chanel.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose this is an inflection point but could just be some jostling for a higher contract and/or more creative prerogative, although I had the impression he already had carte blanche.

I recall the last discussion on Chanel was that it’d make too much sense, and he’s be able to write his own history on the brand and use the absolute top materials as well as ateliers and be located in the city he loves, however, menswear was somehow antithetical to Coco Chanel’s vision.

I don’t know much about her, so am not too conversant on the topic just respect the general aesthetic the house produces and the dripping quality. I haven’t bought anything from Celine in a little while, but admit if HS started a Chanel menswear line I’d automatically be interested ha.

slpldr

Reaction score
I suppose this is an inflection point but could just be some jostling for a higher contract and/or more creative prerogative, although I had the impression he already had carte blanche.

I recall the last discussion on Chanel was that it’d make too much sense, and he’s be able to write his own history on the brand and use the absolute top materials as well as ateliers and be located in the city he loves, however, menswear was somehow antithetical to Coco Chanel’s vision.

I don’t know much about her, so am not too conversant on the topic just respect the general aesthetic the house produces and the dripping quality. I haven’t bought anything from Celine in a little while, but admit if HS started a Chanel menswear line I’d automatically be interested ha.
tbh I don't see how Hedi's commercial model would be viable for Chanel, unless Wertheimers convert Chanel into a renewable energy company powered by atomic butthurt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics