• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TLB MALLORCA - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD - Advice, sizing and reviews

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That’s not true because I haven’t received my shoes.
You chose the worst shipping company NACEX in Spain and you told me they called me but I didn’t answer, then you asked for my passport or id photo. They are famous for terrible service. Now, I can’t check my tracking number on their website.
I don’t know why a well known company like yours is using this terrible shipping company NACEX.
I might buy another pair from you guy but never buy online again
Dear Michaelle,

As we respond this morning by email, the parcel was delivered two days ago. This is a well known company here in Spain and we have never experienced any problem with our shipments. Your pair was sent on the 26th and delivered on the 29th.

We regret you had a bad experience this time, however and we remain at your disposal for any further request you may have.

Best regards,

Toomanyquestions

Reaction score
Dear friend,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Could you please send us all these details to [email protected]? We will be happy to help you find your size (so there will be no need to return or exchange any pair 😉) In the meantime, you could check our Fitting Guide.

Have a lovely week,
I have sent an email. If anyone else could give an input as to what size they think would be best, that would be much appreciated!! Thank you!!!

bpt7594

Reaction score
I recently bought my first pair or TLBs. Love the style but worried I went a size too small. The creasing seems to be too high and I have a strange bend on the left side of my shoe. Not sure how that happened - using TLB shoe trees. Thoughts? Did I go a half size too small? Have a 26.5 cm foot, went with 7.5 UK on TLBs recommendation. I’m an 8.5E-9D US in grant stones loafers/oxfords.

I recently bought my first pair or TLBs. Love the style but worried I went a size too small. The creasing seems to be too high and I have a strange bend on the left side of my shoe. Not sure how that happened - using TLB shoe trees. Thoughts? Did I go a half size too small? Have a 26.5 cm foot, went with 7.5 UK on TLBs recommendation. I’m an 8.5E-9D US in grant stones loafers/oxfords.
I have those models myself and my feet is around your length. I took 7 UK in Artista loafers and they are still quite roomy. I think you need to size down instead of up but that depends on how you feel inside the shoes.

I have very low instep, shallow and narrow feet so I found that the Artista lasts are quite large but others might differ.

capablebedroom

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I have a new pair of "James" jodhpur-style boots in size 9UK/10 US that I am selling.

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Friend,
We believe that the size is correct, the problem may be due to the fact that the arch of the foot is a little low and pushes the inside of the shoe, which is why it causes this wrinkle you see. Sometimes it does not depend on the size but on the silhouette of our anatomy.
We are at your disposal in case you want to write to us to comment further on this.
Best regards.

michaelle11

Reaction score
Dear Michaelle,

As we respond this morning by email, the parcel was delivered two days ago. This is a well known company here in Spain and we have never experienced any problem with our shipments. Your pair was sent on the 26th and delivered on the 29th.

We regret you had a bad experience this time, however and we remain at your disposal for any further request you may have.

Best regards,
Yes and you guy sent me an email explained that you gave me the wrong tracking numbers. Then gave me another one but their website doesn’t even work. Can’t check the tracking number. And you told me the parcel was delivered on the 29th. After you told me again on 31th not 29th. The shipping company is lying. I haven’t received my shoes. I don’t know what to do now But they are having my shoes.
So frustrated…

Toomanyquestions

Reaction score
I have those models myself and my feet is around your length. I took 7 UK in Artista loafers and they are still quite roomy. I think you need to size down instead of up but that depends on how you feel inside the shoes.

I have very low instep, shallow and narrow feet so I found that the Artista lasts are quite large but others might differ.
Hmm. I did the wet foot test and I believe my instep is a medium/normal? It’s not fully flat/rectangular but slightly indented on the sides of each feet. I have pics if that would help. Using their chart from heel to longest toe I got about 10 inches which I believe is a 6.5 UK on their chart but the 7 on their chart is only like less than a cm more so I’m not sure.
If it helps I wear a size 8 US Allen Edmonds and they do have a little extra space in the toe area but I walk/move fine and it doesn’t fall out or feel too loose.

TLB Mallorca

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm. I did the wet foot test and I believe my instep is a medium/normal? It’s not fully flat/rectangular but slightly indented on the sides of each feet. I have pics if that would help. Using their chart from heel to longest toe I got about 10 inches which I believe is a 6.5 UK on their chart but the 7 on their chart is only like less than a cm more so I’m not sure.
If it helps I wear a size 8 US Allen Edmonds and they do have a little extra space in the toe area but I walk/move fine and it doesn’t fall out or feel too loose.
Dear friend,

Based on your comments we would recommend the UK size 6.5 with our standard width F. If you still have some doubts you can always reach out to us. We will be pleased to give you the needed assistance.

Hope you have a nice day.

reyarmul

Reaction score
I've read a few sentiments around Styleforum from a while back that TLB Mallorca and other Spanish shoemakers' boots don't age as well and do not hold up in comparison to British bootmakers, how much truth is in this statement? I am currently looking to get some boots from TLB Mallorca and I would like to know how members with experience with TLB Mallorca find their quality.

I would also like to know what the main difference in quality between the main line and the Artista line is aside from more fashion forward lasts, as I've seen people tout the main line of TLB as the true value proposition.

ZRH1

Reaction score
TLB Artista features, from Shoegazing.

• Extremely slim bevelled waists, which accentuates the shape of the shoe. Made with stitching all the way back to the heel, so the waist is not only cemented or Blake stitched as is commonly seen when making narrower waists.
  • Bevelling of the waist continues in under the heel, which normally almost only can be found on bespoke shoes. This creates a stronger waist, and looks more natural.
  • Real leather heel stiffeners (not leather board), conforms to the feet in the best way, and is a living material that can be re-shaped if needed.
  • Close-cut heels, follows the natural lines of the shoes.
  • Very smooth sanded sole and heel edges, also the waist edge is smooth, which is very rare to see. This not only looks lovely, it makes it much easier to polish them and keep the edges in good condition.
  • Tight sole stitch of 8 spi (stitches per inch), together with a well-balanced fudge wheel setting.

Reaction score
I've read a few sentiments around Styleforum from a while back that TLB Mallorca and other Spanish shoemakers' boots don't age as well and do not hold up in comparison to British bootmakers, how much truth is in this statement? I am currently looking to get some boots from TLB Mallorca and I would like to know how members with experience with TLB Mallorca find their quality.

I would also like to know what the main difference in quality between the main line and the Artista line is aside from more fashion forward lasts, as I've seen people tout the main line of TLB as the true value proposition.
I own only one pair of TLB Mallorca and one pair from a British maker, and neither of those are boots, so my opinion may be of limited value.

Both pairs are roughly 5 years old and hold up equally well so far.

What is true is that in general, Spanish makers cut the welt a lot closer to the uppers than the British makers. A local cobbler once refused to resole a pair of my Spanish shoes because the welt was too narrow to work with in his opinion - this is something that I don't see happening with a pair of British-made shoes.

User888

Reaction score

To this question I might add how many pairs of shoes you own (or plan on owning). Durability tends to be in the top 3 arguements in this forum yet you have people with 10+ pairs of boots which might need to resole their boots once a decade...

reyarmul

Reaction score
To this question I might add how many pairs of shoes you own (or plan on owning). Durability tends to be in the top 3 arguements in this forum yet you have people with 10+ pairs of boots which might need to resole their boots once a decade...
I currently only own sneakers, this will be my first foray into goodyear welted boots and I want to make sure I get the best value to durability I can if I'm paying €400 on a pair of boots. I mainly just want to know how well the leather ages, in how much they crease.

Toomanyquestions

Reaction score
I know this doesn’t pertain to the shoe itself… but I am not really sure where else to ask. Is anyone in the US that has dealt with custom duty tax? I am planning to get 2 pairs of dress shoes and 2 belts with the shoe trees and metal toe tapes and they exceed $800 and I wanted to know if anyone has any knowledge on how much the customs duty tax rate would be?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads