• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Rochester Tailored Clothing (formerly Hickey Freeman) Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Racing Green Camel Hair by Joshua Ellis

We received our first makeup in this beautiful luxury cloth, and it's stunning! A client ordered our Teba jacket with brown horn buttons and rad leopard print seam taping.

This handsome racing green color is quite rare and exclusive to us. Your can order this fabric in our full assortment of shapes: suits, sportcoats, overcoats, trousers, Doyles, Field Jackets, and Tebas. We'll have it available while supplies last!
Teba Green Camel.jpg

Teba Green Detail.jpg

Teba Green Camel3.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received this absolutely beautiful cashmere Jaeger jacket.

Based on our Nuovo sportcoat, this piece is features bellows hip pockets, a detachable throat latch, and suede accents at the elbow, pocket edges, cuffs, and undercollar. We can make it in any heavyweight fabric.

It's styled with a washed and distressed version of our DCBD shirt in indigo "Monster Twill." This gives off kind of a rad Country Western vibe, right? Jackson Maine from "A Star Is Born."

Jaeger Camel cashmere1.jpg
Jaeger Camel Cashmere2.jpg
Jaeger Camel Cashmere3.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The suede touches ruin it for me.
It's totally customizable, so you can actually get as many or as little of the suede details as you like. I had a customer order a similar piece with only suede for the undercollar. Was really sharp!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet do you by chance have any deets on the Italian “stretch” Wools in your latest promo offering?

Yup! We have two of them. They're both excellent.

The idea is to offer a "natural stretch." It's tropical-weight wool which is loomed with a weave that can naturally move in four directions. It offers about the same amount of stretch as a wool/lycra blend. Pure wool tends to wear better and cooler than wool & synthetic stretch. It drapes better.

The base yarns here are really fantastic too. If you're in the market for a grey suit or a grey dress pant, you're going to be absolutely delighted with these two fabrics. They're both closeouts which would have cost almost 40% more than our opening price Huddersfield goods, so it's a great deal.

X01301000 Tollegno 3D Wool Oxford Grey.jpg
X21619013 Freddo & Sotile Oxford Grey Natural Stretch copy.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
GREY FOX BROS SUIT OFFER

Hey guys! In about a month, we're going to roll out our full collection of Fox Brothers flannels and tweeds. Clients have been asking for their goods for the past few years, and I'm thrilled to finally bring them on board.

It is expensive though. Fox makes some of the best and most unique fabric on Earth, and it's pricey. A 2-piece suit will be north of $2500, although we'll definitely have a discount for the launch promotion.

Now... I do have a very quick and limited deal. I have 10 yards of their "Hertitage Flannel" in solid Slate Grey. In their words...

Designs resonate from the late 1930's. "Proper cloth" at 17/18 ounces (in old money). Woven in the West of England.

It's about as traditional and as heavyweight as a grey flannel suit can be. I can make two suits, and the price is $1750 with premium buttons and liners included. Other upgrades will bring an extra charge like surgeons cuffs, finished hems, full canvas, and interior suspender buttons. But we can work that out.

Before I list this online, I figured I'd post here and offer it to you guys. It's really incredible fabric, and this is a suit that you can enjoy for - literally - decades. If you want to commission one, just drop me an email at [email protected]

I did one suit already for an existing client, and it's just magnificent in person. Here's pics of the coat..

Nuovo Fox Bros Grey2.jpg
Nuovo Fox Bros Grey.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're starting to receive some of our Balloon Hopsack pieces and.. wow.. they are stunning! Congrats to everyone who got these at the promo price! We sold through the available discounted stock, but I'll have this fabric online shortly as part of our upcoming Hardy Minnis collection.

Check out the texture on this! Pictured below are the Nuovo Sportcoat and the Teba Jacket. It works brilliantly for both.

Nuovo Balloon Studio2.jpg
Nuovo Balloon Hopsack1.jpg
Teba Balloon Hopsack.jpg
Teba Balloon Hopsack2.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GREY FOX BROS SUIT OFFER

Hey guys! In about a month, we're going to roll out our full collection of Fox Brothers flannels and tweeds. Clients have been asking for their goods for the past few years, and I'm thrilled to finally bring them on board.

It is expensive though. Fox makes some of the best and most unique fabric on Earth, and it's pricey. A 2-piece suit will be north of $2500, although we'll definitely have a discount for the launch promotion.

Now... I do have a very quick and limited deal. I have 10 yards of their "Hertitage Flannel" in solid Slate Grey. In their words...

Designs resonate from the late 1930's. "Proper cloth" at 17/18 ounces (in old money). Woven in the West of England.

It's about as traditional and as heavyweight as a grey flannel suit can be. I can make two suits, and the price is $1750 with premium buttons and liners included. Other upgrades will bring an extra charge like surgeons cuffs, finished hems, full canvas, and interior suspender buttons. But we can work that out.

Before I list this online, I figured I'd post here and offer it to you guys. It's really incredible fabric, and this is a suit that you can enjoy for - literally - decades. If you want to commission one, just drop me an email at [email protected]

I did one suit already for an existing client, and it's just magnificent in person. Here's pics of the coat..

View attachment 2145641 View attachment 2145643
Beautiful flannel. Can it be done with real natural shoulders and no ticket pocket?
Do you have a retailer in the Bay Area, CA?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Beautiful flannel. Can it be done with real natural shoulders and no ticket pocket?
Do you have a retailer in the Bay Area, CA?
Hey there!

1) If you mean natural shoulders like a sack jacket / classic Southwick blazer, then yes. We do those all of the time, and we construct it with full canvas if you like.

2) If you mean soft, unpadded shoulders, then our Nuovo jacket (the one pictured) has that construction. It's very comfortable and flattering.

3) My only studio is in Redondo Beach (Los Angeles county), but I do remote fittings for the vast majority of our clients. It's an easy process if you have a jacket and trouser that fit you well now. Just a few easy measurements and some photos of you wearing the pieces. I'd be happy to work with you personally to find an excellent fit!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We just received these two beautiful custom trousers for our dude @Michigan Planner !

They're both done in our single-pleated Taylor shape. The first fabric is "Chessboard Tweed" from Marling & Evans, and it's a mix of dyed and undyed yarns. I absolutely love it! We have enough to make about 5 or 6 more pieces in general, so I'll probably look to build that out as a solo fabric option. It's available at promo closeout pricing. It's amazing... I've never seen anything quite like it.

Taylor Chessboard Tweed.jpg
Taylor Chessboard Tweed2.jpg
Taylor Vintage Indigo Linen.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads