• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered two shirts (Blue Denim Slubby Chambray and Red Yellow Patch Madras) back on the 18th of April and received them both yesterday. They are absolutely perfect! I will definitely be using Luxire again.

I've got a couple of Madras shirts from O'Connell's and the material that Luxire offers seems quite a bit thicker but also much softer, it's a very nice shirt. I'll have to get some pictures.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For reference, I feel like this photo captures the differences between Luxire's Brembana Blue University Stripes and Blueish-Green University Stripe oxfords quite well. Though the representation of the 'actual' colors will be monitor-dependent, you can see here that the fabrics are quite different from one another. Though I like the Blueish-Green cloth quite a bit, I will say the fabric has a bit of a dirty/vintage coloration to it. It is very obviously an off-white almost cream-like color, whereas the white in the Blue University Stripes shirting is a truer white. Hope this information/pic may be of use to some folks on the fence about the two fabrics. To be honest, the best path to tread is probably to go ahead and get both... :D

See also:

Blueish Green University Stripes Oxford (NOBD I) - Blue University Stripes Oxford (NOBD II)
[size=8pt](Both Brembana.)[/size]

spNtwGW.jpg

t4QyPaC.jpg

wpHF6BW.jpg

Suit of Nettles

Reaction score
True, although I doubt most of us would feel entitled or even permitted to dress militarily, even if we wished. Maybe the point ought to be that black-with-navy is conservative in a particularly uniform manner that appeals to exactly the set the Monkey is describing, just as *not* wearing black shoes and going to oxblood or brown is running a non-uniform or even anti-uniform flag up the pole (well, down the trousers), and wearing navy shoes with a navy suit would be a sign of mental instability or chemical abuse.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the one. I went for side adjustor, 2 inch cufffs and full front interlining. The pants are breathable, but not to lightweight because of the lining, which is exactly the way I want it. The pattern looks nicer in real life imo, not too stand out but enough to be noticed. So far they are already my favourite, and I will order at least another pair before summer
Terrific - many thanks.

ammanati

Reaction score
How much would it cost to have the chambray shirt professionally faded?
Also, does anyone know if I get the same results if I wash it in the wash machine?
I would be interested in knowing that as well, thanks

Garasaki

Reaction score
I think there's been some discussion of the NOBD II collar worn w/o ties - I'd just add my 2 cents, that I actually like my NOBDII collar worn without a tie OR jacket.

For me, it tends to spread in a way that makes a very strong looking "neck base" which I find to be pretty complimentary. I don't have a neck like an NFL linebacker, but the way this collar spreads gives my slender build the appearance of a bit more bulk.

It also retains a nice arc, which isn't nearly as graceful as a good BD collar but is considerably more elegant than a standard spread collar.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Minnis Fresco trousers today...first, the good:

This is my second order since their shipping policy changed and they offered the extra duty-free option, but I still haven't gotten charged any duties/customs/fees by FedEx. Not sure if I'm just lucky or if I should get used to this. On the pants, the fabric is amazing, this is my first pair of Fresco and I can understand the hype they get. Wonderful texture, definitely sets them apart from a smooth worsted, and the weight is pretty perfect for year round wear in FL.

In regards to fit, I think they did a pretty good job fixing the bunching under the seat. It's not completely gone, but it looks a lot better compared to my last pair. They also fixed most of the bow leg issues I have, so I was happy about that.

Now the bad...I don't know what happened, but the whole top block feels way too tight. Waist feels snug, hips are too tight, and the thigh/butt area is tight as well. My previous pair is at the dry cleaner right now, but when I pick them up tomorrow I will measure to see the differences. All I know is when I pulled them on, I could tell right away that they're unwearable due to the slimness in the top block...had to ******* stomach in to button them, the pockets are flaring out, and I can see fabric pulling because of the thigh/butt tightness.

I hate hate hate it when one thing gets fixed and another three things go wrong. Also, whenever a measurement is off on one of my garments from Luxire, it's always too tight. Always. It's never too big, that would be too easy for me to fix. I could drop it off at the tailor and get it taken in. There's not enough seam allowance in these to get all the issues fixed by my tailor. Looks like I'll be contacting Luxire for a remake. And this was not a quick order, it over 6 weeks from order date to delivery date. Looks like I'll be waiting at least that long again to ship these back, have them remade, and then have the new pair shipped out to me. I was hoping to place a bulk order if these turned out perfect, but that will need to be put on hold for now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics