• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Rochester Tailored Clothing (formerly Hickey Freeman) Thread

KPDUNN

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1) Definitely yes for the J.Press Blazer. I believe that they got a bunch of inventory before the latest price increases. It's a good deal if you take a J.Press stock fit and they have your size on hand.

2) Not sure about J.Press & Sons, but I'd imagine so. RTC makes for a few different Japanese labels.

3) RTC was doing quite a bit for O'Connells and I'm sure made the blazer that's pictured. They're a legendary store but online sales isn't really their thing. They're showing like every possible size and length.. so I'm thinking that their dropdown isn't totally accruate to on-hand stock.

The guys at O'Connells are very friendly, so I'd advise calling them to go through the product first before placing an order.

As far as Epaulet goes, I don't typically offer that Italian hopsack which was used in their basic stock blazers. But I do have several colors and weights of Hardy Minnis Fresco available, and I'm planning to launch it next week with a launch code.

The retail will be quite a bit higher than this $695 stock pricing. But I'm of the mind that an RTC (Hickey Freeman) navy blazer is something to own and enjoy for years on end. Hardy Minnis Fresco is the best fabric out there for a trad jacket, and if you can afford the MTO experience, then it's worth it to get the jacket done to your specs, with your design choices, with your name inside, and with full canvas construction. It can be a defining piece of your wardrobe. I'll post up the fabric selection here once it's live!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pendleton Leader NL.jpg

PENDLETON NAVY MID-CENTURY 9OZ WOOL

(April 5th: we have a discount code on this, but it's only good until Saturday April 6th. Use code wool15 at checkout for 15% off custom garments in this cloth)

Hey guys!

My latest fabric listing is a very cool solid wool gabardine. I bought a large roll of this fabric locally, so it's a limited deadstock find. It was made by Pendleton at their mill in Oregon, and was woven in the early 2010s.

It's a great navy color and it's a piece of American history, but I'd say the thing that really stands out is the weight and vibe. It's the kind of thing that you only feel in a vintage shop these days.

I was struggling to find a photo to illustrate this... so bear with me on this one from Get Smart...

shorthair3.jpg

Okay, so that is NOT this Pendleton fabric. It's not even the color, as our Pendleton fabric is a true dark navy.

But imagine how that suit feels. It's a thicker cloth and a different drape than the more conventional Vitale Barberis-esque suiting that we see these days. It has more weight and presence. If you've gone shopping for vintage tailoring from the 50's and 60's, then you know what I mean. Many of those pieces were made with USA-woven wool, which is very different from the modern European goods of today.

This particular cloth is from the early 2010s, but the style, feel, and weight are the same. Pendleton is one of the last remaining woolen mills in this entire country, and this particular fabric is discontinued.

It's a great basic navy, with a cool story, a unique feel and drape, and a very fair price. If you're in the market for some navy pieces, then this is an excellent opportunity! You can order it in three different categories:

CUSTOM TROUSERS: From $345

CUSTOM SUITS AND SPORTCOATS: From $995

CUSTOM DOYLE CHORE COATS, TEBA JACKETS, & FIELD JACKETS: From $500

Pendleton Fabric.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just received our first two makeups in this amazing tweed. Pictured are the Nuovo sportcoat with a custom 4.5" peak lapel and the Field Jacket.

We have just 10 yards remaining.. enough for about 4 pieces in total. Here's the links to check it out and order online

Custom Sportcoats and Suits in 18oz Magee Herringbone

Custom Doyles, Tebas, and Field Jackets in 18oz Magee Herringbone

Custom Trousers in 18oz Magee Herringbone

And here's the spiel...

Woven in Ireland by Magee 1866, this is one of the most incredible tweeds that I've ever seen!

The base tones are a mixture of chestnut and burnt orange - and multicolored flecks of red, yellow, green, and orange are sprinkled throughout the weave. It's woven by hand and features an intricate medium-scale herringbone.

This 100% wool weighs in at 18oz - the same weight as Harris Tweed. It's extremely thick and warm. Your custom garments will have to the strength to last generations. This promotional pricing is approximately 40% off our MSRP, so don't miss out on this incredible fabric.

Nuovo Peak Lapel Magee Herringbone1.jpg
Nuovo Peak Lapel Magee Herringbone2.jpg
Field Jacket Magee Herringbone1.jpg
Field Jacket Magee Herringbone4.jpg
Nuovo Magee Herringbone7.jpg
Nuovo Magee Herringbone8.jpg

Todd V

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Hello, Eva and friends,

I am one of your old school customers from the factory finds days. I’ve been wearing suits to work for 10 years but I might finally have to give in and dress it down a little. A little. I’m thinking sport coats and trousers, a little more fun, perhaps the solid coat/crazy pants look but keep the ties and nice more fun with it so I don’t look so overdressed every day.

I’ve blown through the crotch of some of those famous Southwick tweeds and torn through the a$$ of the rest.

My question is will you reestablish the broad stock of staple fabrics with RTC sometime soon, or have any ends for friends type of situation (I’m guess that train has sailed with the recent changes in the industry) and or reestablish the staple selection from Individualized? The Pendleton navy fabric is up my alley and I’m a sucker for these limited opportunities, but I am all full up on navy blue.

Thanks,
Ginz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads