• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Turner

Reaction score
Believe Luxire uses a pen of some sort during the making of the shirts for markings. Sometimes it makes it onto the final produce

It comes out on the first wash with no issues.
+1 (had some green stains at the collar of the Blueish Green University, but they are gone)

MacGuffen

Reaction score

I ordered the 13oz Raw (soaked).

That is exactly what mine look like.

Unless they made mistakes on both our orders... I doubt it. Maybe luxire can clarify.

I actually got a quick reply from Theresa, and after comparing the swatches, she said they used the right fabric. If that is the case, they really should change the pictures, because the ones representing the raw look nothing like the finished product.

So, apparently they have different fabrics from the mill now than they did when the pictures were taken, so the colour is different. So the pictures on the site aren't really representative anymore. Knowing this, I'm not sure how people are supposed to choose a colour.

Last edited:

Doan Tu Thanh

Reaction score

My luxire shirt and pants arrived just now. Shirt is cool white linen cotton, while pants are light tan glen plaid linen. This order took 18 days to arrive, and I was lucky no import duty was involved (I reckon the chance of you getting zapped is 50% if you order 2 items or more). Anyway after trying it on straight from the box (who doesn't), I can say that luxire nailed it this time. It is my second attempt in tweaking the measurement, compared with the previous order, I feel like this is the right direction. I've decreased most of the measurement by an inch or more and while there is room for improvements, I am very satisfied with this one. I'd like to ask what further modifications would you recommend me, and should I decrease the chest measurement further to flatten the chest area (I've seen styleforum members who have shirt with no creases around the armpit, and find that really nice).
I will take the full body picture should it be necessary, once the clothes are properly ironed

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone post the Monti 140/2 before, so here goes. Collar is a simple Luxire English spread with 1.75" neck-band and 0.25" longer tips. I have a long neck, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
This will be my next collar. A english spread with 3.5 points. Post some fit pics brother

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with increasing/decreasing the rise of trousers? I have a pair that's high rise, but it caused a saggy seat. Kind of the diaper look that some have complained about.

I decreased the rise with my next pair, which clears up the seat issue, but as a result the trousers are lower rise than I'd like. Is there any way of having high rise trousers without a saggy seat?

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Revisiting an old image. Tuxedo shirt with provision for using studs as well as buttons.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My luxire shirt and pants arrived just now. Shirt is cool white linen cotton, while pants are light tan glen plaid linen. This order took 18 days to arrive, and I was lucky no import duty was involved (I reckon the chance of you getting zapped is 50% if you order 2 items or more). Anyway after trying it on straight from the box (who doesn't), I can say that luxire nailed it this time. It is my second attempt in tweaking the measurement, compared with the previous order, I feel like this is the right direction. I've decreased most of the measurement by an inch or more and while there is room for improvements, I am very satisfied with this one. I'd like to ask what further modifications would you recommend me, and should I decrease the chest measurement further to flatten the chest area (I've seen styleforum members who have shirt with no creases around the armpit, and find that really nice). I will take the full body picture should it be necessary, once the clothes are properly ironed
Interesting; is this the glen plaid linen? If so, any chance you can share some more of your impressions and pics?

Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score
This will be my next collar. A english spread with 3.5 points. Post some fit pics brother
Here you go. It's out of the box, so there are some wrinkles. Please excuse the stubble. I think the hips are too narrow, which pushes the shirt up when tucked and causes the pulling at the waist. I specified a different measurement for waist front and back, so I may have to tinker some more with that too. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Quote: I have the same problem.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Here you go. It's out of the box, so there are some wrinkles. Please excuse the stubble. I think the hips are too narrow, which pushes the shirt up when tucked and causes the pulling at the waist. I specified a different measurement for waist front and back, so I may have to tinker some more with that too. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.
What order number is that? I like the collar. Do the collar points tuck under a jacket?

Terpo

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with increasing/decreasing the rise of trousers? I have a pair that's high rise, but it caused a saggy seat. Kind of the diaper look that some have complained about.

I decreased the rise with my next pair, which clears up the seat issue, but as a result the trousers are lower rise than I'd like. Is there any way of having high rise trousers without a saggy seat?

Did you decrease both front and back rise? I found only decreasing the back rise worked quite well as you have to pull up the trousers further in the back that way, which gets rid of the diaper look, while keeping the rise in roughly the same place as it was before.

Not sure how well raising the overall rise would work, though. I think it's difficult to get proper fitting high rise trousers, especially if you are slim and have a somewhat muscular ass.

Be interesting to hear what Luxire and others say about this problem.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you decrease both front and back rise? I found only decreasing the back rise worked quite well as you have to pull up the trousers further in the back that way, which gets rid of the diaper look, while keeping the rise in roughly the same place as it was before.

Not sure how well raising the overall rise would work, though. I think it's difficult to get proper fitting high rise trousers, especially if you are slim and have a somewhat muscular ass.

Be interesting to hear what Luxire and others say about this problem.

I decreased the back rise. Maybe the solution would be to leave the seat exactly like it is, and just make the waistband taller? Would that increase the rise without causing a diaper seat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads