• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I received a couple of shirts from Luxire yesterday. I think I've found my new main supplier of shirts.

I think that shirt looks outstanding. You and Luxire nailed it, man.

Regarding the "too tight" comments, remember you're dealing with several... let's say, "men of a certain age"... around here. :D The appreciation of fitted clothes seems to have a generational component to it.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That would be a pretty great collar if everything was scaled down a bit. I like the proportions and the roll.

Speaking of OCBD collars, does anyone have the specs. or an order number I can reference for a Kamakura-esque collar? I think they have the ideal button-down collar. Looks great with and without a tie.

Someone was going to send in the actual Kamakura to duplicate. Not sure who...

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think that shirt looks outstanding. You and Luxire nailed it, man.

Regarding the "too tight" comments, remember you're dealing with several... let's say, "men of a certain age"... around here. :D The appreciation of fitted clothes seems to have a generational component to it.

Well, I'm happy :D. Especially considering the price.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just advice, no need to be so hostile. If he thinks it fits perfectly, then that's wonderful, but if you post something here you're going to get some feedback.

Why are we all getting so defensive? My comment was aimed at lightly challenging the notion of what constitutes too tight as you can see a mile away and from being in this thread long enough a lot of people (or a lot of people based on the percentage of those who comment) would consider that too tight, but what is actually too tight about it?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is actually too tight about it?

Clearly it isn't intended to "fit" like a classic button down shirt would, so any opinion about fit is simply an opinion. With that in mind, it fits through the chest and torso like a close fitting undershirt. If the sleeves were as tightly fitted as the body, it would look more like a compression shirt than a button down shirt.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are we all getting so defensive? My comment was aimed at lightly challenging the notion of what constitutes too tight as you can see a mile away and from being in this thread long enough a lot of people (or a lot of people based on the percentage of those who comment) would consider that too tight, but what is actually too tight about it?

I was defensive because you were so hostile, while my first comment had a very neutral tone. I have Luxire shirts that look exactly like that when standing, but are a bit too tight when I sit down, as the placket bunches up and pulls a bit. They've also shrunken a bit over time, exaggerating the problem. It might not be too tight now, but it could become that way over time.

What I meant to say is that one should be cautious about judging a shirt just from a standing position, as I've made that mistake before, resulting in slightly subpar shirts. Anyway, it was more of a general advice than a specific one, as we're talking about one little picture, so it's hard to say whether it's actually too tight. I'm happy that EFV is enjoying his new shirt though!

MacGuffen

Reaction score

Well, I'm happy :D. Especially considering the price.

May I ask how big the taper is? I mean, how large is your chest meqsurement relative to your waist measurement? I quite like how it drops almost straight down, at least from what I can see in your picture.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

May I ask how big the taper is? I mean, how large is your chest meqsurement relative to your waist measurement? I quite like how it drops almost straight down, at least from what I can see in your picture.

Chest 21, waist 19. My torso is kind of naturally barrel shaped though.

evpj2L

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a polo shirt from Luxire recently? I know that a while back some had described issues with the polo collar holding its shape, so I was curious if that issue had been worked out.

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's the standard/preferred method of determining shirt cuff measurement? Wrist circumference + 2"?

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
What's the standard/preferred method of determining shirt cuff measurement? Wrist circumference + 2"?

Mine appears to be wrist circumference + 1" (and I don't wear a watch). This wasn't on purpose, I just found the sweet spot—not too loose, not too tight—through trial and error.

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score

I'm sure it varies from person to person dependent on preference. For me, my cuff measurement is wrist circumference + 1.5".

I'll note that I also wear a very slim watch. Keep that in mind if your watch face is thick. Then the +2" may be better.

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I don't wear a watch, so that's not an issue. My wrists are 7" and I went with Luxire's standard cuff size (for a shirt in my size) for my first two shirts: 9.25". Unfortunately, my latest shirt came with 9.5" cuffs, which definitely feel a bit too large. 9.25" is decent, but think I'll try 9" for my next shirt.

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't like the hand-sewn bar tacks on Luxire trousers? They're very Italian looking. I'm partial to the English look, and I just don't see these on English tailoring (perhaps I'm not looking hard enough). On Savile Row etc., I'm sure they just use machine tacks, or perhaps they're hand-sewn but in a much less conspicuous way. I have no idea of the functionality of either method, but I personally prefer to eliminate superfluous (i.e. Italian-looking) details wherever possible, and something about those tacks just bugs me.

Or am I just being stupid? Is this a coveted detail that I should seek?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that you can get your pants without those tacks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads