1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. GuP

GuP Well-Known Member

I believe I understand what you are getting at.

So, if one specifies a decrease only in the ankle opening, Luxire leaves the knee measurement as it is, and then tapers the are in-between (lower leg area) to the new ankle opening OR is there no taper at all, but a rather abrupt decrease from the previous ankle opening to the new smaller ankle opening?

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  3. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

4. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my Sky Blue OCBD based on Proper Cloth's measurements. It looks like it will have to get remade. The cuff is about an inch more than I wanted, while the yoke and chest are significant smaller.

What's the best way to ship from the US to Luxire? Fedex? UPS?

5. Mannequin

Mannequin Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  6. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

I would advise you to read their instructions on measuring. Your way of measuring the cuff looks quite incorrect, and it seems that you are doing it a bit incorrect on the chest and yoke as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. Johknee

Johknee Well-Known Member

Hey brownman, did you order the Luxire chambray/denim shirt you mentioned a few months back?
    You wanted something similar to the number that PJohnson make.

8. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah the cuff measurement isn't off but my yoke and chest are about a half inch to an inch from what I requested, following their guide.

9. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

I've had a light jacket and a heavy winter coat made, and in both cases I specified the actual measurements of the garment. My process has been to take an existing coat that fits me well and make any desired adjustments to that. In the case of the lightweight one I went ahead and pinned up the reference garment and tried it on to make sure the changes I requested were going to work.

The consensus around here seems to be that for all kinds of garments you're best off providing actual measurements for the type of item in question.

10. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

It'll be my pleasure. I'll see if I can round up some others as well.

1 person likes this.
  11. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Well-Known Member

The area in between will be tapered. I'm not sure you can even create an abrupt decrease like you are describing. I have always been told that tailors can control the waist to knee taper and the knee to ankle taper.

12. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

You could add a dart at the hem.

13. Ironballs

Ironballs Well-Known Member

Will adding pleats affect thigh width at the mid-thigh? In other words, if I were to add pleats to a flat front trouser and increase the seat width, would I need to reduce the thigh measurement (taken 2" below the crotch seam) to prevent from having excess fabric around there?

14. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Luxire, I'm curious if it'd be possible to order a t-shirt made out of something like a crisp poplin-fabric?
    So like, to make it as easy as possibly for you I guess the order would be a short-sleeve polo with no collar(but possibly a zipper on the left shoulder) and no split hem.

15. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Well-Known Member

Not to challenge this, I'm genuinely curious: what would you do with a woven tshirt? Presumably it'd have to be a henley not really a T.

16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

Well my intention would be to wear it, just like any other garment.
    If what you're wondering is what purpose it'd fill, well essentially just a "dressy" t-shirt, to be worn in summer with perhaps a blazer or some dress-pants and sneakers (so definitely more of a SW&D piece than a CM one)
    It isn't actually an original idea of mine, but something that has already been done by high-fashion brands, though the pricepoint of those are far out of my reach :)

2 people like this.
  17. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Can certainly be done.

You can simply choose the desired fabric and place the order with the details in the notes, including images.

1 person likes this.
  18. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Another one-piece Collar

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  19. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Order#?

20. lukejackson

lukejackson Well-Known Member

Looks awesome. Would like to know the order number also. Best one piece yet.