• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the group, I seem to have REALLY dinged up the sole edge on my Diesel boots this afternoon, chasing dogs or dealing with watering hoses or grilling or hell, I have no idea. Thoughts on restoring them? View attachment 1213506
When that happens to mine, I figure it is the light color that really stands out, more than the irregularity of the sole edge. So I work on restoring the color, and don’t worry about the contour. Sometimes simply conditioning with Bick 4 will blend over the defect nicely. If not, I have used a color matched (usually actually a shade lighter than a perfect match if I have it) creme shoe polish with success. I try to avoid edge dressing on casual boots like your Diesels, as it makes the edges too polished (almost painted) for my tastes. Same goes with paste waxes. You live in your boots. I like that.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When that happens to mine, I figure it is the light color that really stands out, more than the irregularity of the sole edge. So I work on restoring the color, and don’t worry about the contour. Sometimes simply conditioning with Bick 4 will blend over the defect nicely. If not, I have used a color matched (usually actually a shade lighter than a perfect match if I have it) creme shoe polish with success. I try to avoid edge dressing on casual boots like your Diesels, as it makes the edges too polished (almost painted) for my tastes. Same goes with paste waxes. You live in your boots. I like that.
I will try some Back 4, may sand them a bit first as whatever I did roughed them up a bit. Yes, I do live in my boots, and sometimes it bothers me in that I can scratch/ding up a great pair of shell boots. Other guys post pix and it looks like they just unboxed the boots, then say they have had them for years. I wonder if they get worn for other than photos, as I can't walk 20 feet with out something happening to a pair of boots.

TheWolf

Reaction score
...sometimes it bothers me in that I can scratch/ding up a great pair of shell boots. Other guys post pix and it looks like they just unboxed the boots, then say they have had them for years. I wonder if they get worn for other than photos, as I can't walk 20 feet with out something happening to a pair of boots.

This is exactly me. If you figure this out, let me know. Until then, I just (try to) think of it as “personalization.”

I love these shell Ottawa’s. They fit fantastically, and the build is impeccable. I know I’ve sakd all this before, but they still impress. I look forward to any other GS shell offering. Count me in.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is exactly me. If you figure this out, let me know. Until then, I just (try to) think of it as “personalization.”

I love these shell Ottawa’s. They fit fantastically, and the build is impeccable. I know I’ve sakd all this before, but they still impress. I look forward to any other GS shell offering. Count me in.
I haven't been able to figure it out yet, and I've been trying for a long time. Even when I take extra precaution, pay attention to where I'm stepping, watching out for things, I still get dings and scratches. I have some boots I am almost afraid to wear because of this (but I wear them anyway). Good thing most of my boots are CXL which looks ok with some battle scars. It's when I ding, scratch, scrape shell that I get upset.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Since I am retired, and wife still working, have the time to do basic training. New dog isn't going to be in any competitions, just a pet and visit nursing homes as a "therapy" (read that dog for them to pet) dog, not much over basics is needed. She is a smart little pup, so will be doing a few more advanced things AND WEARING GS while doing it. I would love it if a cap toe boot became part of the regular lineup, maybe in a couple of different leathers, or at least shades. Would love the Crimson CXL in a cap toe boot, on leather (I know GS Guys- I'm stretching it here)

We will actually sell a Crimson CXL cap toe boot on our micro stud rubber outsole later this year! Shooting for an October release in both D and E width!

cegusa

Reaction score
Well cookout turned out well last night, although 1 couple had a medical emergency and couldn't make it and 1 couple just was a no show, even after confirming they were bringing a side salad earlier in the day. The HIGHLIGHT of the evening for me was when one of the wife's took me aside and said "You always have such nice shoes, can you help me get my husband to wear nice footwear?" I directed her to the GS website and hope he buys something, anything, as his "tennis shoe" with everything look is not always great. I was wearing these: View attachment 1213262
And no grease stains. Nice job!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
ssdd

IMG_0836.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for the GS guys. Which, of the penny loafers, seems to be the most popular based on sales? It seems like a lot of the Bourbon suede are posted here, but I know we are not the only people purchasing GS. At least I hope there are a lot more buying than just SF folk.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyefts