• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Question for the GS guys. Which, of the penny loafers, seems to be the most popular based on sales? It seems like a lot of the Bourbon suede are posted here, but I know we are not the only people purchasing GS. At least I hope there are a lot more buying than just SF folk.

Honestly, our Bourbon has edged out the Crimson and Dune, but not by much. All three are pretty close in performance. Those three outperform the Navy and Ivory, believe it or not :rolleyes: :box:

matthewisch

Reaction score
First post in the GS thread, was nice to see some familiar names from around SF. New to GS and just a few wears on these, but so far very impressed. Longwing in Coffee suede 9D. Great work guys.

gpNrVfE.jpg

Josh Lange

Reaction score
First post in the GS thread, was nice to see some familiar names from around SF. New to GS and just a few wears on these, but so far very impressed. Longwing in Coffee suede 9D. Great work guys.

gpNrVfE.jpg

Thanks for the post and the photo! We appreciate your support. Enjoy the LW's

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, our Bourbon has edged out the Crimson and Dune, but not by much. All three are pretty close in performance. Those three outperform the Navy and Ivory, believe it or not :rolleyes: :box:
I happen to find the Ivory a very nice summer shoe, don't have the crimson and Navy...........YET

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I expected bourbon to be behind both the crimson and dune.

My bank account doesn't want me to know but, how do I get emails about shell offerings?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I expected bourbon to be behind both the crimson and dune.

My bank account doesn't want me to know but, how do I get emails about shell offerings?
I would have expected bourbon to be leader since it's similar to snuff, followed by dune with crimson close behind. Way further down the list I'd expect navy and then Ivory. This isn't to say I don't love navy and Ivory (Ivory deliver tomorrow), but I just see people shying away from navy for being blue and Ivory for fear of difficult to keep clean.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have expected bourbon to be leader since it's similar to snuff, followed by dune with crimson close behind. Way further down the list I'd expect navy and then Ivory. This isn't to say I don't love navy and Ivory (Ivory deliver tomorrow), but I just see people shying away from navy for being blue and Ivory for fear of difficult to keep clean.
Keeping clean = Tarrago Nano Protector

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Keeping clean = Tarrago Nano Protector
#noadditives
:p I like to live on the wild side and not treat my suede. Since the suede is from CF Stead, is it Repello by chance? If so, it was treated with Scotch Guard at the factory.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#noadditives
:p I like to live on the wild side and not treat my suede. Since the suede is from CF Stead, is it Repello by chance? If so, it was treated with Scotch Guard at the factory.
It may have been treated, but I spray mine anyway. After totally ruining a pair of Alden suede boots, I am "gun-shy" when it comes to suede.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I never learn, but I always seem to grill the days I wear shoes for the first time. All of my shoes/boots have at least one blotch of fat/grease on them. I'd probably care more if I wasn't the best dressed at my office.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know why I never learn, but I always seem to grill the days I wear shoes for the first time. All of my shoes/boots have at least one blotch of fat/grease on them. I'd probably care more if I wasn't the best dressed at my office.
Funny, but grilling is how I ruined the Aldens. I try to be super careful now, but sometimes things happen...........

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've gotten cooking oils on my Alden ravello boots, snuff LHS, burgundy shell Leeds, and my C&J velvet slippers (along with wool and linen pants). The snuff LHS also got soap from a big bubble blowing event with kids. A week covered with cornstarch followed by brushing has worked for me on them all so far!
I have a chef's jacket I wear when frying with oils, but sometimes I forget to put it on. :p

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leibgeber