• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have just released our latest blog post featuring someone you may be familiar with (audog) - https://grantstoneboot.com/blogs/journal/grant-stone-sit-down-series-james-f
20190719-1F7A0634.jpg

Thanks again for making it happen Audog!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheWolf

Reaction score
Got my b grade shell Ottawa’s. Love them. Just as audog said, these are darn near flawless. They fit well and are exceptionally well made. I did swap the laces for the flats that came with. My box was a regular grant stone box. These may have instantaneously made the top of my “favorite boot list.” I’ve, without a doubt found my go to shoe company.

I’d LOVE to know when there are more shell offerings from GS coming out or available.

(Action shot tribute to audog)

Attachments

• BC469A73-9C18-46AB-BBDA-E3EB01F273B2.jpeg
    BC469A73-9C18-46AB-BBDA-E3EB01F273B2.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 852A172B-9412-4DDB-9579-E94BCB9D01B5.jpeg
    852A172B-9412-4DDB-9579-E94BCB9D01B5.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 54
  • D418BF88-5140-475F-900F-78040E02B778.jpeg
    D418BF88-5140-475F-900F-78040E02B778.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 56

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my b grade shell Ottawa’s. Love them. Just as audog said, these are darn near flawless. They fit well and are exceptionally well made. I did swap the laces for the flats that came with. My box was a regular grant stone box. These may have instantaneously made the top of my “favorite boot list.” I’ve, without a doubt found my go to shoe company.

I’d LOVE to know when there are more shell offerings from GS coming out or available.

Glad you are happy and they have become one of my two go to shoe companies as well.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As far as the "make"(construction) of the GS footwear, I would say they rival everyone and are superior to most. I know that I'm biased, and have met them, been interviewed etc, but felt that way before all of that happened.

boot_owl

Reaction score
What are the odds of the next run of shell Ottawa’s being done with white/cream stitching for the NST? The black/dark brown I’m not in love with

TheWolf

Reaction score
What are the odds of the next run of shell Ottawa’s being done with white/cream stitching for the NST? The black/dark brown I’m not in love with
I get what you’re saying but I have to say, this shoe presents really nicely in person. I was one that appreciated the contrast stitching, but for me particularly with the shine shell takes, the more subdued stitching works really well.
Guess that’s what makes horse races. ??‍♂️

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but I have to say, this shoe presents really nicely in person. I was one that appreciated the contrast stitching, but for me particularly with the shine shell takes, the more subdued stitching works really well.
Guess that’s what makes horse races. ??‍♂️
I understand what he was saying as well, and a light stitching might look good, but agree with you that the subdued stitching makes the shell the star. Perhaps, at some future date, there might be a MTO program as part of the offerings, but that would be down the road a way. I think there is a market, albeit probably small, for a quality GYW footwear company to offer a MTO program as a part of their lineup. Carmina does a customize your shoe thing, but I would prefer GS as the last fits so freakin' well on my feet.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well cookout turned out well last night, although 1 couple had a medical emergency and couldn't make it and 1 couple just was a no show, even after confirming they were bringing a side salad earlier in the day. The HIGHLIGHT of the evening for me was when one of the wife's took me aside and said "You always have such nice shoes, can you help me get my husband to wear nice footwear?" I directed her to the GS website and hope he buys something, anything, as his "tennis shoe" with everything look is not always great. I was wearing these:
IMG_7264.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as the "make"(construction) of the GS footwear, I would say they rival everyone and are superior to most. I know that I'm biased, and have met them, been interviewed etc, but felt that way before all of that happened.
I guess some would call me biased too, but both of us have come by our opinions based purely on our experiences with the product quality/execution. I can live with that kind of bias... ;)

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Package arrived a little while ago. Upon unboxing, I honestly am underwhelmed by the shoe box, but I do believe it's GS's box for B stock. The boots are, as usual from GS, DAMN NEAR PERFECT. Tiny ding in the shell on one boot, but nothing that is noticeable to anyone, except a person inspecting a boot for the first time. Fit is, as with Leo last, the same as my other GS boots. Shipped with the leather laces, which will be replaced with the flat brown laces included in the box along with the little shoehorn/bottle opener (which is so handy, I have them all over the place, even in center console of car). I like the color of the shell, it IS a honey color, similar in tone to my AE Rainer boots or a pair of Aldens that I have, but different a little bit. There is no Horween stamp on the inside, like one often gets in a color #8. Put them on with the leather laces and snapped a few iPhone pix, both in and out of sunlight. These are keepers in my book. View attachment 1212461 View attachment 1212462 View attachment 1212463 View attachment 1212464 View attachment 1212465 View attachment 1212466 View attachment 1212467

Sorry to have the box show up like that. Believe it or not, these are more expensive than our original box. They are the replacements. If we receive a box and it has dings or is torn, we replace it with this.
Thanks for letting us know.

Ours are strong compared to most but it seems there’s a 20% chance it will be effected in some way by the time it reaches the customer and nearly always damaged if returned to us. They need to withstand a lot considering it is thrown around mid shipment in a truck. The biggest factor is the 5-6 lbs. shoe or boot inside.

Our current supplier for the tan box is strengthening the construction on the current orders so hopefully it will help a little. We will
keep our ears open with the black boxes to see if this continues to happen.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nostradamus