• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMERICAN TRENCH - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
little peak behind the scenes - these socks are a long way off from launching (thinking FW23) but they're too cool not to share.
indigo shibori_webhi.jpg
indigo shibori2_webhi.jpg

Cashmere Shibori Socks. The two-ply cashmere used in these socks is from a few seasons ago. We bought natural/undyed cashmere yarn and made natural/white blanks. We gifted a few to friends but we had about 100 left over and said to ourselves "we should do something special with these."

Reactive indigo dye gives the socks their awesome tie-dye look. They're ribbed and super soft, but they'll still stay firm on your leg (officially 78% Cash./21% Nylon/1% Spandex). they're loaded with indigo dye - so it's important to wash them a few times before you slide them into your favorite pair of loafers.

excited for 2023 - we're developing a bunch of new products (new trench, coaches jacket, another round of boots from easymoc, perhaps.... stay tuned.

Attachments

• indigo shibori_webhi.jpg
    indigo shibori_webhi.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 18

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Friends of Style forum!

We've made a lot of beanies over the years, but this past year we made quite possibly my favorite one ever. It's called the double knit and it is made with Cashmere from Todd & Duncan of Scotland and knit at our factory in Texas. We call it the double knit because there are two layers of fabric - a double walled beanie. Two layers of amazing cashmere instead of one. You can roll it up or wear it floppy style. I do both. It's also our most expensive beanie because again, two layers of cashmere instead of one and also cashmere has seen astronomic price increases in the past two years like 80% higher than pre-covid. But...there are now two colors on sale. If you don't need another beanie but you have a spouse, GF, person you are courting, this is an amazing Valentines day gift.

It has minimal branding, or more accurately, no visible branding of any kind. Putting a label to the double layer is kinda hard without attaching the two layers together, so we decided not to put any labels on at all. Which means this is under the radar luxury like Loro Piana or Cucinelli.

Agate and Jungle (green) are on sale.
https://www.americantrench.com/products/cashmere-double-knit-beanie-1?variant=44526597701878

On Model-7_webhi.jpg
On Model-6_webhi.jpg
jungle cuffed_webhi.jpg

View attachment 1878927

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
we posted/pictured/wrote about leather a good bit this past fall... we sold our gloves and aviator hats surprisingly well. however, the nubuck trucker jackets, dopp kits and leather bags... not so much. still though this was a worthwhile journey into leather goods, and we're thinking of bringing it back in a big way next year (probably 2024).

we've got some questions for you all, but i'll start with some layups:

if you're a leather jacket owner, we'd like to hear from you... what was the last leather jacket (or accessory, bag, gloves, hat...) purchase you made? what are your favorite leather brands? what's your favorite jacket style (cafe racer... moto jacket... trucker jacket...) what's better - buttery soft suede or thick heavy leather?

plato

Reaction score
A few years back Epaulet made a snuff suede blouson. It might have been goat suede. It’s top of my list for things I wish I bought from epaulet when it was available. I’d be very interested if you offered something similar but with a slim silhouette.

also, I’m a big fan of AT and have a trench and several hats and sundry other items, so please take this the right way. On mobile it’s infuriating that there’s an ad blocking me managing my cart on the website. Have rage- closed your website repeatedly and purchased nothing for days now even though I want a cashmere hat and some socks. Just can’t get over the ****** interface that won’t let me manage the cart.

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few years back Epaulet made a snuff suede blouson. It might have been goat suede. It’s top of my list for things I wish I bought from epaulet when it was available. I’d be very interested if you offered something similar but with a slim silhouette.

also, I’m a big fan of AT and have a trench and several hats and sundry other items, so please take this the right way. On mobile it’s infuriating that there’s an ad blocking me managing my cart on the website. Have rage- closed your website repeatedly and purchased nothing for days now even though I want a cashmere hat and some socks. Just can’t get over the ****** interface that won’t let me manage the cart.
this is great feedback - thank you - are you referring to the cart upsell function?

plato

Reaction score
this is great feedback - thank you - are you referring to the cart upsell function?
Don’t know what it is called but it was an add shoring over the limited screen space of viewing the cart. Seems to be gone now. Thanks.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

great feedback thanks so much. we deactivated the cart upsell thing that was making your mobile experience miserable. Now let's talk about suede jackets! This summer I started working with a leather factory, there is a micro factory in Brooklyn and a larger factory in PA. They can make almost anything. But that leads to the question, what should we make? A suede blouson would be no problem at all. say something like this (from Mr.P). Is this similar to what you were thinking of?
Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 7.53.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 7.53.27 PM.png

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
we're not really a "philly" brand but that doesn't mean we don't live here... obviously the eagles making the super bowl is a big boost for morale around town. (personally) i'm from pittsburgh so i just kinda ride on the coattails of some of the die-hard fans in the area... having said that it's always fun to market sports-team-adjacent products.

we've got a few different styles in the shop right now... not sure if SF is the best place to pump up NFL stuff but everyone watches the Super Bowl, right?

go-birds-1-31_04.jpg go-birds-1-31_05.jpg go-birds-1-31_06.jpg

Attachments

• go-birds-1-31_06.jpg
    go-birds-1-31_06.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 92
  • go-birds-1-31_05.jpg
    go-birds-1-31_05.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 77
  • go-birds-1-31_04.jpg
    go-birds-1-31_04.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 17

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New clothes. Finally, right?

Pre-Spring '23 - "Transitions are Hard." Hate to talk about the weather but it's hard to dress this time of the year when it's 32 in the morning and 55 by noon. Maybe that's just philly - but didn't it snow in LA this week? Wild. Anyway.

Pre-Spring 2023 lookbook, here --->>>

Our favorite picture from this capsule:
12_webhi.jpg

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
I love the looks, though tragically it looks like you designed your madras shirts so the M was too small and the L was too big for me :*(

Any plans for an in-person exhibition in spring? I came by the Epaulet/AT show last fall.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@jah786 Any plans to run more tie-dye socks. These are some of my favs...

View attachment 1902585

these were made in 2020 during lockdown, my employee Liz actually took socks home and tie dyed them at her house. Not really repeatable at our current size. I could probably start working with an LA wash house to tie die again but it's a logistical nightmare for a bunch of reason. however...we are making some natural indigo dyed retro socks at a dye house in Pennsylvania. They at the dye house now, we should get them in a couple of weeks.

crew_webhi.jpg

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Racers: Start your engines.

Original Equipment | Spring 2023 | Real Grease.

Watch the video. View the collection. View all on-site photography.

The theme for this collection: Speed. Racing. Gasoline.

111pressrelease.jpg

Rease Cannon is a mechanic with a garage down the street from our office. He works alone – and he’s busy. Vintage Jeeps and minivans occupy the same lot. Rease treats them all the same.

Rease made this collection real. We’re familiar with his digs. His coveted Monte Carlo was on full display. His stories fueled the shoot.

2pressrelease.jpg

His work get-up is about what you’d expect from a mechanic – a faded blue jump-suit. Loose. No nonsense. A custom nameplate above the chest pocket.
3.jpg

So when Rease tells us he’s actually into the O.E. Gas Shirt… it goes a long way. It’s a compliment. It’s validating. It’s real.

This collection’s pretty tight. Graphic tees. A ripstop top. A trucker hat and a bike hat, both built for speed. We designed a custom camouflage print, inspired by vintage Mitchell Camo. The wine leaf side of the Mitchell pattern is more of a painting than camo. We applied that print to a shirt, to work pants and a pair of mesh shorts. They’re dynamic. We’re proud.

Let us know what you think of this collection. It's a different direction than typical A.T. stuff.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2pressrelease.jpg
    2pressrelease.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 614

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads