• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMERICAN TRENCH - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love the collection and the photo shoot! That custom camo is really dope.

And I realize that it's not the same year, but this black Monte Carlo is sooooooo close to the one driven by Detective Alonzo Harris in Training Day. I can just see it dropping on hydraulics while "Still D.R.E." plays. Which is also fantastic.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@jah786 Your wool silk boot socks are no joke. Wore them comfortably throughout the day in SF. Will be curious how they wear over time because they felt super soft on feet. Even the gf reached over to get a closer look. Ordered two more pairs in colors I didn't have.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently learned about American Trench - obviously late to the party - and listened to the podcast w Eva from Epaulet. Ordered three slub polos that arrived today. Very happy with the quality. Ordered a fleece too, but it was too tight in the shoulders, so I'm exchanging it for one up. Glad to buy from American manufacturers. This will be one of my go-to brands going forward.

oz_boater

Reaction score
Can I ask a possibly dumb question - but what happened to the Trench Coat?
Do you not make it any more?

Can't see anything on your website, no mention of it in this thread.
Searching the website for "ventile" gets only a hat.

Just a seasonal thing? Or have you moved on from that?

Thanks
Richard from Oz

Last edited:

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I ask a possibly dumb question - but what happened to the Trench Coat?
Do you not make it any more?

Can't see anything on your website, no mention of it in this thread.
Searching the website for "ventile" gets only a hat.

Just a seasonal thing? Or have you moved on from that?

Thanks
Richard from Oz
Hey Richard –

we're actually coming out with a new trench in December so stay tuned.

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SF team – excited to make a few big announcements:
  • American Trench brick and mortar is real. 15 East Lancaster Ave., Ardmore PA. A quick trip up the SEPTA line from downtown Philadelphia, we're proud to call this place home. Come check us out sometime.

• A new piece of American Trench outerwear landed last week: The Anchorage Overcoat. Made in Massachusetts from imported Japanese wool, this overcoat swallows you whole. Save 25% with the code SFANCHOR (5% deeper than our BFCM sale that starts next week, btw). Photos here:

anchor.jpg

• Tomorrow, a new line up of Original Equipment to go alongside the heavyweight classic, the Keystone Hoodie. We're calling them "OE Standards." We expect these four heavy basics to be a part of the foundation for OE for years to come – and are especially proud of those newly designed discovery details. Full collection drops tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled come 11 AM EST.

oe-standards.jpg

hammerhead_corvette

Reaction score
Are the measurements accurate on the linen button up? I am typically a large, but usually a 22 to 23 inch pit to pit. Should I expect it to shrink?

Samir

Reaction score
Just noticed my Supermerino socks have holes in the heels after 8 months of only intermittent wear. Boot socks are still going strong. Anyone had similar issues with the Supermerino or just bad luck on my end? I was set to re-up before I noticed.

rdstour

Reaction score
@A.T. Hamlin Just an updated question -- the length measurement on your OE by Camber Hoodies -- how is that calculated? My assumption is top of body/bottom of hood, to the bottom of the hoodie, right?

I had held off on the Keystone since I felt the body length was so much longer than the typical Camber 232, but I found someone selling one of your Keystone hoodies with a much shorter body length than specified on your site.

Wanted to make sure I understood.

nfrtr

Reaction score
Been a customer of American Trench for a couple years now and had a negative customer support experience recently. Posting it here in the hopes they see it and improve it for other people.

I'd been eyeing their donegal crewneck for a while but was unsure on sizing. I sent them an email back in November asking for sizing advice but never heard back. They went on sale and I decided to chance it and order one; I received it not long after and really love it. I decided to order a second and several days went by with no shipping notice. I send an email checking on it; after a few days I got a response saying it was overlooked and should ship shortly. After another couple days of no shipping I respond again checking on it but never received a response. Eventually I call the number on the site and leave a voicemail, which never received a call back. I call a few more times over several days and eventually the owner of AT picks up, looks into it, says there was an inventory issue, and refunds my order. Frustrating, particularly because they didn't figure this out on their own, but whatever. While I'm on the phone with him I mention I'd emailed several times and left a voicemail with no responses, which was frustrating. He seemed generally irritated with me and mentioned something about not having enough staff to be able to answer voicemails, which seems weird given their phone number is on the main page of their website.

This month I check the site again and notice the sweater I attempted to order is showing in stock in my size. I send an email asking whether it's actually in stock given my previous experience and am told it is not, but they could have one made to order at full MSRP (not the sale price). I respond asking if they would honor the sale price given my previous order and... no response.

I'm not sure if they're having technical difficulties or what, but their communication leaves a lot to be desired. I think they're 2/5 on responding to emails. Inventory issues should not take considerable customer intervention to figure out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads