• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMERICAN TRENCH - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I ask a possibly dumb question - but what happened to the Trench Coat?
Do you not make it any more?

Can't see anything on your website, no mention of it in this thread.
Searching the website for "ventile" gets only a hat.

Just a seasonal thing? Or have you moved on from that?

Thanks
Richard from Oz
Richard – we're eyeing up a Trench revamp launch in March. Just getting our marketing in line before we get it out to the public. stay tuned.

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just noticed my Supermerino socks have holes in the heels after 8 months of only intermittent wear. Boot socks are still going strong. Anyone had similar issues with the Supermerino or just bad luck on my end? I was set to re-up before I noticed.
the Supermerino has a bit of a reputation to do this – we've been trying to find a way to mitigate. We generally recommend to wear them with sneakers, dress shoes, and loafers – not boots. they're just too precious to take the beating.

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@A.T. Hamlin Just an updated question -- the length measurement on your OE by Camber Hoodies -- how is that calculated? My assumption is top of body/bottom of hood, to the bottom of the hoodie, right?

I had held off on the Keystone since I felt the body length was so much longer than the typical Camber 232, but I found someone selling one of your Keystone hoodies with a much shorter body length than specified on your site.

Wanted to make sure I understood.
We measure from the top of the body to the bottom of the garment. im not sure if camber measures from the top of the hood or not – but our measurements are from the neck opening to the waist. good questio

A.T. Hamlin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Been a customer of American Trench for a couple years now and had a negative customer support experience recently. Posting it here in the hopes they see it and improve it for other people.

I'd been eyeing their donegal crewneck for a while but was unsure on sizing. I sent them an email back in November asking for sizing advice but never heard back. They went on sale and I decided to chance it and order one; I received it not long after and really love it. I decided to order a second and several days went by with no shipping notice. I send an email checking on it; after a few days I got a response saying it was overlooked and should ship shortly. After another couple days of no shipping I respond again checking on it but never received a response. Eventually I call the number on the site and leave a voicemail, which never received a call back. I call a few more times over several days and eventually the owner of AT picks up, looks into it, says there was an inventory issue, and refunds my order. Frustrating, particularly because they didn't figure this out on their own, but whatever. While I'm on the phone with him I mention I'd emailed several times and left a voicemail with no responses, which was frustrating. He seemed generally irritated with me and mentioned something about not having enough staff to be able to answer voicemails, which seems weird given their phone number is on the main page of their website.

This month I check the site again and notice the sweater I attempted to order is showing in stock in my size. I send an email asking whether it's actually in stock given my previous experience and am told it is not, but they could have one made to order at full MSRP (not the sale price). I respond asking if they would honor the sale price given my previous order and... no response.

I'm not sure if they're having technical difficulties or what, but their communication leaves a lot to be desired. I think they're 2/5 on responding to emails. Inventory issues should not take considerable customer intervention to figure out.
apologies for any inconvenience. i can't speak on our customer service communications as i don't oversee that team – but from what i've seen they're top notch. those donegal sweaters are typically made to order and we do not carry inventory – and generally our shopify inventory shows all the donegal styles as in stock because of their MTO status.

the style you ordered was a sample or stock we had ordered for our new brick and mortar store – this creates some friction in our inventory and has been an issue with more than one customer. we're shifting our stance on these MTO styles for next year to avoid that issue – but that's more of an "us problem" than a "you problem." a guarantee in hindsight might seem phony but i can guarantee you that you would've been refunded fully for your purchase once our fulfillment team caught the problem themselves. we wouldn't have made it 10+ years in ecomm waiting for patrons to request refunds.

the reason we can't honor the sale price, though, is that that product quite literally does not exist until it's selected by a customer and we submit a ticket with our manufacturer. we only put returns, samples and store stock of the donegal crewneck on sale – once those units are gone, they product goes back to full price (as all subsequent sales are made to order).

i hope this explanation gives some clarity – we've also changed the phone number on our site from our owner's cell number to our brick and mortar store as they're better equipped to help problem solve inventory issues.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still my all time favorite go to socks
The wool cashmere blend fair isles
Need to make a come back

IMG_4450.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads