• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKDKid

Reaction score
Might as well add my Stowa Antea Kleine Sekunde...
smile.gif

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
He recentlly serviced the watch completely, refinished the case, changed the crown and sent it back to me with a box of chocolates and did not charge me a dime. Simply incredible

That's really amazing./ Imagine Swatch or Richemont doing something like that.
laugh.gif

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
That's really amazing./ Imagine Swatch or Richemont doing something like that.
laugh.gif

So true ... Lange used to do free servicing and repair plus free rebuffing until the end of 2003. You sent your watch to them and it came back working perfectly and looking brand new. Then came Richemont's new directives .... Now Lange servicing/repair costs a fortune and takes forever. I used to love Lange and have five watches of them, but I stopped collecting Lange in 2004. Haven't regretted it since.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a thread! Actually I'm not a fan of those p0Rn things, but for a forum full of nice guys I'll make an exception. Of course that's not roughly what some of you present, but my first "good" and mechanical (self-winding movement) watch. It was a gift from my parents for my high school graduation and caused serious interest in watches. Choosing the design was relatively limited as my wrists are about 2" wide, but anyway I love rectangular watches.
4plmijc.jpg
53oni8p.jpg
(the engraved "Abi (2007)" is the abbreviation for Abitur, german university entrance diploma)
663fuao.jpg
4yq8k0m.jpg
It's Silver in a Art Deco design that can compete with the Reverso of Jaeger le Coultre IMO, with a handmade chocolate brown croc-leather strap. Eterna is owned by Porsche since they almost went insolvent and also makes the Porsche Design watches. Interestingly even many watch addicts don't know that it was in the league of Patek and AP al long long time ago (pre 70s I think). I think the revival by Porsche (and at a moderate price point) was a good thing^^.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
This is the watch I will get when someone offers to buy me a watch. I saw it at Wempe when I was looking to buy a new watch (I was deciding between it and the JLC ultrathin) and I went home to think it over. Then the spirit that was urging me to buy a watch departed.

vcup1.jpg
[/IMG]
vcup2.jpg

I too love the Vacheron ultraslims. For me, slimness is the holy grail of watchmaking.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I too love the Vacheron ultraslims. For me, slimness is the holy grail of watchmaking.
NR - Have you ever tried on the Cartier Santos Dumont?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
It wasn't even on my radar until now. That's quite nice.
If you get the chance, try one on. It's pure slim watch pleasure. The case is beautiful and very thin - very retro. Clearly, Cartier is not the most exciting watch brand for WIS but that one is sweet. At this stage, that would be the only Cartier I would consider (cannot really affor or want to pay the price for a Collection PrivÃ
00a9.png
e piece...)

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
My great uncle has this watch... (Stock Picture).

tart_0604_028_02.jpg

my grandfather has a Rolex from 1980, pure gold, and it's quite heavy, like a club on your wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads