• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay scammer

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
How much money did you fork over?

Also, just to let you know once you file a complaint with your credit card company they report it to the various credit agencies and it effects your credit rating. You can take care of that later I just wanted to let you know.

Moreover, any nonsense (i.e. anger, violent statements etc.) you throw on FB and the like may come back and bite you in the butt because it is all there for all to see.

What is his eBay id we should all watch out for this guy.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by umhaha84
Already reported him on ebay. But he'll probaly make another id and find a way to scam people. Pretty sad.
Its hard for me to keep cool tbh. If its couple of hundred bucks sure i could care less i spent more than that last saturday. Its close to 2k bro.

You spent 2000 on a used MacBook Pro?

A*train

Reaction score
I've read about scams like this in the past, ebay second chance scammers. It may not even be the original seller who contacted you. Somehow the scammers find out the names of people who didn't win the auction and send them e-mails disguised to look like official ebay e-mails. They'll offer you to purchase the item, usually saying the original winner couldn't pay for some reason.

If a second chance offer doesn't show up in your ebay messages box somewhere, I'd assume it's a scam and ignore it.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol no. I may have been exaggerating. 1650
Chrissakes! one can buy a NEW Macbook Pro from Apple for that price. Sent from Tapatalk.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one I was supposed to be shopping for goes for 2050 at amazon.

Just a suggestion but if you do end up shopping again for a different MBP I would get one with an SSD. If you get an HDD you are simply wasting $2050 or whatever amount you spent.

Yes Wasting.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Second chance offers are notoriously known for being scams or shills. I am not sure why you would accept this offer in the first place. Any seller willing to color outside the lines regarding ebay should send red flags.

Moreover, Apple products sold on ebay by a seller that does not sell a ton of apple products are problematic for sellers and buyers.

I am not sure why you are wasting your time following this guy and getting e-bent. It is not going to get your paper back.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Second chance offers are notoriously known for being scams or shills. I am not sure why you would accept this offer in the first place. Any seller willing to color outside the lines regarding ebay should send red flags.

Moreover, Apple products sold on ebay by a seller that does not sell a ton of apple products are problematic for sellers and buyers.

I am not sure why you are wasting your time following this guy and getting e-bent. It is not going to get your paper back.

Worst part is, is that eBay has a built in second offer system and the OP was offered outside of eBay..that is the biggest red flag of them all.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Holy ****! I just got a new MBP in the mail today and I never even bought one! Totally flipping this **** on eBay
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member