• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s concerning. I do wonder how many secondary dealers would pick this up as genuine. Quite the potential money mill.

The more I browse the RepTime reddit the more I find most hype watches shown online are suspect.

They even have rep GO SeaQ.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting read. Not profitable for the last few years isn’t all that surprising but the source (former employees) is questionable.

That’s said, when I think of Hodinkee, this is exactly what pops into my head.

IMG_1053.jpeg

chrlsful

Reaction score
seen alota watches’n still just one tops them all for me. ’30 Bulova I believe - which is a gold rectangle a lill longer that wide w/art deco roman numerals (I think) and separate second hand face (may B between center & the number 6) framed on brn alligator leather band also gold buckle. Fairly thin, flat. I work ina rough environment 1/2 wks so dont ware that (father’s) buta circular faced day / date model w/velcro band, night glow hands (altho pressing the stem lights up the analogue face for nite view). I wear the bulova when older sis is around cuz she wuz his favorite (altho I probably did more sail powered ocean racing w/him).

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my Sub experiment is a failure. I just find it too heavy and big on the wrist. I wore it for a week straight to get used to it and have since taken it off with no desire to put it back on.
Im the opposite. Need to feel the weight of my watch. Same as feeling your wallet in back pocket. Triggers alarms when it’s not there.

Only downside to Sub for me is dress shirt cuffs.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im the opposite. Need to feel the weight of my watch. Same as feeling your wallet in back pocket. Triggers alarms when it’s not there.

Only downside to Sub for me is dress shirt cuffs.

I also like some weight. Pondering to buy a watch in titanium, but worried it could feel too light.

chrlsful

Reaction score
U might B surprised, it is twice as strong as weak aluminium alloys but 60% heavier.

Yeah, I dont need heavy weight on me anywhere (dont carry a wallet). Custom shirts (1/2 doz?) can B wide at bottom 4 what U seek...

chrlsful

Reaction score
post 63,267 kinda shows it (narrower left to right, the second hand dial below center not there’n lght brn leather band). After searching a long time (1966 - '92) for a copy (my dad was still alive, wanted to match up) I saw one for 13$ @ JCPenny’s (2007). I think I sent 1 to sis. Never saw them after that. Still dont see a match often.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix