• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what I'm supposed to say... but I prefer the look of the GP.

That is probably a terrible financial decision.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m keeping the GP. It wears much better than the Rolex and I have the other Rolex GMT, so…
Hey kids, look over there! See that guy throwing his Batman in the trash? Yeah, he's totally going to regret that in few months and wonder why he sold one of his favorite watches in the name of avoiding "redundancy."

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey kids, look over there! See that guy throwing his Batman in the trash? Yeah, he's totally going to regret that in few months and wonder why he sold one of his favorite watches in the name of avoiding "redundancy."
It’s an amazing watch. I WILL miss it. But I much prefer wearing the 5-digit Pepsi, so yes, the redundancy bothers me (and again, I didn’t think it would, but…). It’s also about redundancy in relation to what I want to get next…

jfclarky

Reaction score
New addition to the rotation - AP 15300. I've started to journey of picking up my grail pieces now. This is the first of three I am hunting down. Have a great MDW!

Attachments

• AP.jpg
    AP.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 35

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having two watches that are nearly identical and always preferring to wear one over the other seems like a good reason to get rid of the less favored one, unless you’re a hardcore collector, or in the habit of wearing multiple watches at once (and with two GMTs that’s four time zones!)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The addition of a 5-digit GMT has resulted in a glut of ss sport watches in my collection (a redundancy I thought I’d be fine with, but is now bothering me…). Soooo, shaking things up: two enter(ed), one leaves:
View attachment 2189255
View attachment 2189253

Want me to ruin the Batman for you?

I think it should be renamed the Blue Lives Matter:

IMG_2941.png

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ben responds to the WSJ's "hit piece."

Screenshot 2024-05-24 171715.png

I found myself reading/consuming Hodinkee's editorial content during Watches & Wonders the last two years. Their coverage was pretty good this year.

Ben takes a lot of heat. Photos like this don't help:

im-961477.jpg

It's easy to poke fun but I'm happy for the guy who turned his hobby into a business. Like many readers, I lost a bit of interest when it pivoted into an e-commerce site but he seems to have made enough hay while the sun was still shining. He stepped aside as CEO at the right time, just before secondary market prices tanked. Now he gets to saunter around with a single buttoned chambray shirt, hang around with Lenny Kravitz, the least known spiderman and collect vintage patek's and 911's.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur