• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

resonaut

Reaction score
Has any of you guys picked up the Full Metal Jacket? I'm considering them as opticals.
I've been wearing the black ones as my daily opticals since they came out. Quite happy with them. I tried the other colors as well but this worked better with my skin tone.

The only complaint is that the black temple tips have peeled away slightly and revealed the underlying gold (attached screenshot to visualize it easier). JMM responded that they sadly don't have any replacements. I also think this isn't a problem on the other two colors since they have a different finish.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 12.52.46.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 12.52.46.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 132

obecity

Reaction score
So now I’m torn between holding onto my dough or sinking $800 into those Sandros, waiting two months and gambling that they work for me and also gambling on whether they might later release a Lapis Molino or similar and then having to fart about with the switching.
I’m glad my JMM hunting is winding down this is exhausting!😄
This is the quandary I’ve been burned on before. There’s simply no good strategy to mitigate the risk, sad as that is. Plus, it’s a much riskier situation now that JJ jacked up the prices so much.

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
First pair of JMM - GT in JPS. I really like them. Feel really substantial compared to - all - of my other sunglasses.

I have a serious case of fat-head. GT is just about the widest frame JMM makes.

Guys at 1269 suggested maybe Torino. Any other frames that might work w/ my giant noggin?

View attachment 1694352

Yves
Torino
Molino 55
Lancaster
Hemmings
Union Taos
Wesley
Alta

Cody
Thundercloud

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52