• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UPDATE: Kiton Cardigan - BEWARE!

Authentic? To Be Trusted?

• Definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your guess is as good as mine..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely Not!

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

1LifeStyle

Reaction score
I've been around the block quite a few times when it comes to most Italian Designer Menswear, but Kiton is a bit new to me. I understand very well their careful suiting (though some appear to display a substantial amount of machine work) and fine fabrics, but not so much their other outerwear.

I recently came across this sweater on eBay:

The product is coming from a buyer whom claims to guarantee authenticity, and will include a Kiton plastic bag as well as the original attached factory tags. Of course, this sounds promising, yet anyone skeptical of genuine products is already well aware that it is as easy, if not easier, to reproduce authenticity materials (i.e. tags, bags, hangers etc) as it is to fake the items themselves. This item does seem to be well designed, the shawl neck appears to have detailing and rolls as I would expect a Kiton item to do. My reasons for suspicion, however, include:

Firstly, the tag looks as though it was attached a bit asymmetrically in the photos provided:

Also, the seller seems to have an alarmingly predictable inventory; this consisting solely of 100% Cashmere Men's sweaters by Kiton. Which also includes multiple colors of one model and multiple sizes of said items. This is often seen as red flag, but I suppose it is possible that the seller has backstock, overstocking due to season, or an agreement with a distributor.

Lastly, and this may be paranoia, but the seller seems to have one common bidder on every, or nearly every, single item he posts, yet this bidder has only won a single previous item judging by the feedback available. This very well may be a loyal, and satisfied return customer, but it could also be another account used to raise bidding prices on items or to give the illusion of consistent, positive attention.

What is especially suspicious about this bidder's activity is that all of the items I have shown above are different sizes, styles, and colors. There's no pattern other than the obvious.

This sweater does appear to be wonderful for multiple seasons, and an excellent addition to any wardrobe, hence my excitement over finding it; moreover, this heightens my suspicion towards the genuine authenticity of the item. If anyone has any feedback regarding either the seller's reputable claim of guaranteed authenticity or the mere likelihood that this item is indeed authentic, I would love to hear your insight!

1LifeStyle

Reaction score
This is also my first post here on SF, but I have been a long term lurking user of the site! Hope that the format of my post, and the forum I chose to post this under were both appropriate :)

Last edited:

1LifeStyle

Reaction score
To answer the question that surely everyone was dying to help me answer:

The item is far from authentic.

The fabric appears damaged from the removal of a former tag (which I suspect to be either GAP or Banana Republic).

The buyer also predicted the amount that the high bidder placed as his max bid (which is supposed to be unknown to all other parties other than said buyer).

I cannot help but feel as though this user has been using this other account to raise the prices of his items above where his originally purchased them, in hopes of making an immense profit. Of course, the seller claims that the buyer is merely a loyal customer of many years, and has been a close follower of his listings. Moreover, it appears safe to assume that the other items within this seller's listings are also counterfeit, and attempted to be sold by using a similar tactic.

Beware of the user: Mission.Possible5

I am not yet aware of the full name to his other account, but it consists of the following: n***r (75)

The buyer also appears to bid only on the items of 3 different people.

Astaroth

Reaction score
I've been around the block quite a few times when it comes to most Italian Designer Menswear
This item does seem to be well designed, the shawl neck appears to have detailing and rolls as I would expect a Kiton item to do

The fabric appears damaged from the removal of a former tag (which I suspect to be either GAP or Banana Republic).

So you think Kiton and Gap/Banana Republic have similar levels of design, detailing and "rolls"?

Its fine to warn others, though as you say there are plenty of warning signs and first and foremost I'd question if it looks anything like the house style of Kiton

1LifeStyle

Reaction score
Oh, how I appreciate your sarcastic feedback during the aftermath of which I had already solved the problem I had SOUGHT ADVICE for.

Surely your fragmented quotation of what I said painted an image far more accurate than that of the blueprints which Antoni Gaudí put into La Sagrada Família. Please feel free to piece apart my contrived analogy as I've given plenty of room for people within such a forum apparently filled only by pretentious, self-aggrandizement by pompous style aficionados such as yourself.

I'll surely take note as to where I should look for helpful feedback in the future, possibly from someone that could cohere with the possibility of my inability to see the craftsmanship of an item that is not only online, therefore unable to be personally observed, but in another country altogether.

Henceforth, if I wish to be treated with silence despite 100s of people standing idly by and only to be given poorly acquired criticism for inquiring upon people that I would trust to be helpful after arriving to a solution— I'll merely keep it to myself since I seemed more capable by placing the matter within mine hands alone anyways.

JSFrieschskys

Reaction score
We sell a lot of Kiton.

I would never buy Kiton from someone with that low of feedback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads