• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay scammer

umhaha84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Hahah c'mon, really??. Given the info here, you sound like an extremely needy and entitled consumer.

Give the guy at least another week, and if it doesn't show up by then start a paypal dispute.

If you need a MacBook Pro NEW and expect it right NOW pony up and buy the thing brand spanking new. If you want it used, get used to dealing with your average seller.

It might turn up ok, or you may actually have been scammed. It's too early to tell.

AND why the hell are you making all these classist and marginally racist remarks and generalizations about people from WV and truckers. Some actually do pretty well for themselves, certainly enough to afford your precious mbp. You sound pretty damn ignorant based on what you wrote, I hope you're not like that IRL.

For now, use the computer at your school library for FREE and stop bitching in a special flower thread. It's too early to know...

you can keep your cool when you get scammed bro.

I opened the claim via paypal, hopefully it's not too late.
I also filed a internet crime complaint center hope it helps.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by umhaha84
you can keep your cool when you get scammed bro.

I opened the claim via paypal, hopefully it's not too late.
I also filed a internet crime complaint center hope it helps.

Hahah its the internet & u sounded mad first.,, Took hardly much time to type.

I still standby that your generalizations in this thread are ignorant.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

umhaha84

Reaction score
i'm gonna wait a couple of days and start calling his work + facebook messaging his friends to tell them he's a ******* scammer.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna wait a couple of days and start calling his work + facebook messaging his friends to tell them he's a ******* scammer.

Wow I think you are overreacting.
First of all if we can see the eBay page of the seller we could possibly help out, or advise you in general.
Second, you said he was waiting for funds to clear, his funds won't clear until you leave him good feedback, which you shouldn't until you receive the item...(only applies to newer users I believe)., otherwise after 21 days the funds settle.
You are panicking waaay too much, yes you have the right, but you are not thinking straight.

Now my issue is that there is no issue since you paid with PayPal... just open a case (like you did) and you should be fine, either he'll rush the item to delivery or you get your money back and good riddance you can try at it with another MBP. No need to ***** about it, **** happens, people get scammed, smart people get their money back.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. There's a pretty clear procedure for this stuff. Why not just work within the system first and go to plan b if that doesn't work?

umhaha84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
I don't get it. There's a pretty clear procedure for this stuff. Why not just work within the system first and go to plan b if that doesn't work?

Since the deal was made outside the ebay, ebay can't help me out.
I opened the claim on paypal, but from the stories I hear. There are chances that I might not get my money back. Even If I get my moneyback, I'm gonna let his people know he's a ******* scammer. I'm gonna start by messaging his fiance who's pregnant with his boy. lol **** him.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well ok, but just so you know, that basically makes you a creepy stalker.

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score

Even If I get my moneyback, I'm gonna let his people know he's a ******* scammer. I'm gonna start by messaging his fiance who's pregnant with his boy. lol **** him.

well, I'm in ****** situation right now.

my Apartment got broken into, out of three mbp in the apartment (two were my friends) only my computer was stolen. my summer school's about to start so I need the computer asap.

Can you spell KARMA! Normally, I feel quite sympathetic towards those who find themselves "potentially" being scammed. In this instance I have gone from feeling sorry for you, initially, to frankly hoping you get scammed! You are a sick puppy!

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP is a tool.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
OP is a tool.
x2 and is very immature. 'Redneck trucker' and you're going to message his fiance? Chill the **** out, in all honesty you STILL don't even know if you got scammed. Holy God you're a brat. and if he told you he was going to send out Thursday, why wouldn't you wait until then? Even if you've been emailing him, I know A LOT of older sellers that don't get on the computer that much only check email every few days.

umhaha84

Reaction score
It was last thursday bro.
Ill give him until this weekend to reply to my messages. And start calling after that.
Fat ***** about my age according to his facebook. So he isnt exactly OLD. Not to mention he posts daily on his facebook. Call me a tool but i think scammer needs to pay for their actions.

And i started this thread to ask what i can do to get the money back, not to ask whether i was scammed or not.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I retract my previous statement. if he hasn't contacted you whatsoever and it was supposed to go LAST thursday, then I would be heated as well and definitely be filing paypal claim/chargeback. However....messaging fiance and calling him a redneck, etc, etc........just chill out dog. That's just making you look dumb in the long run.

Why don't you try listing his name, ebay user ID and location once you FOR SURE know it's a bad deal to give future buyers a heads up. Then people are appreciative of you instead of thinking you're acting like a moron.

umhaha84

Reaction score
Already reported him on ebay. But he'll probaly make another id and find a way to scam people. Pretty sad.
Its hard for me to keep cool tbh. If its couple of hundred bucks sure i could care less i spent more than that last saturday. Its close to 2k bro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads