• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Yah, I hoarded some fruit juices and tuna cans. The espresso was passable at 830 am as well. Good swag. That wasn't hot..just wait.
of the 15 NYRR races i've run in the last two years most have been in the dead of winter and not even spring races. I was ailing in the high 70's low 80's "heat" - lol I usually shut down my running in the summer and get on a bike and road bike for fitness, but this year I'm ramping it up for the NYC marathon so that unfortunately means tons of miles in the middle of summer.
Originally Posted by samblackbones
^ that is some awesome swag wish we had that type of event in LA/Orange County.
the NYRR races are so good (organized and swag wise) that it takes running in other local (non NYRR) races to remind me how good NYRR members have it - especially with the half marathons.

604Coast

Reaction score
11.3mi at 9:00/mi pace. Furthest I've run to date, felt good.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblackbones
35 mins with the GF today . . . slow.
Looking forward to starting to ramp training back up this coming week - will get to about 60% of average
From there tentative training for either chicago or long beach marathons.

Let me know if you do Chicago?
Ill help you prep the night before.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Ran a half yesterday with basically no training, only ran over 20 miles for a week once in the 8 weeks before the race. Pretty steep downhill right before 8 miles killed my quads and started to feel the wheels fall off right around 9 miles. Spaced out and thought I passed the 11 mile mark and made my surge for the end of the race, ended up being a runners this way sign
ffffuuuu.gif
Finished in a slow 1:47:14. Not bad I guess considering no training.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ thats not bad at all considering that you haven't trained. Good work.
6 yesterday, and I will run tonight.
My work schedule has changed from mornings to afternoons, so I will be able to double easily for the rest of summer. I am stoked.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Got in 4 runs over a long weekend in south Florida as follows. Damn the heat has a detrimental affect on how fast I can run:

Fri - 6.5 miles in 49:42
Sat - 7.5 miles in 52:13
Sat - 5.3 miles in 37:10
Sun - 4.3 miles in 31:50

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trailing running in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. This is the life.

MountWashington.jpg

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 tonight with what was probably a harder effort than was wise this early after a marathon.
3 w/u, 2 x 2 miles on 17 min cycle + 2 x 1 mile on 9 minute cycle w/ jogging recovery, 1 c/d
Ran 5:40's for the first 4 miles, than closer to 5:50 for the last two. My stomach didn't feel great, and I am more fatigued than I thought. I think I need to give myself at least another easy week before really rolling into training. Still managed do run okay for a brutal workout though.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 miles in borderline subtropical Philly today. It was 94 fahrenheit out and I was dying halfway through the run. it was one of those where once you're about 3/4s through you're feeling the groove, but that halfway point was brutal.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Doubled up for funsies today. 11.5 @ 7:45s this morning, 5 easy slow miles this evening.
nice - do that once a week an your mileage will be massive!
debating running tonight. I need to take it easy, but I still want to get out there.

jwied82

Reaction score
i took the night off myself, for the first time in a while.
i did 8 x 1mile at the track on sunday night at an average of 5:33 and ive been kinda sore since then. Ran 9 on monday at an easy pace, but my legs felt pretty trashed when i tried to run last night.. ran 4 miles right at 7min pace and then decided i would take today off.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
4.35 miles in CP this morning in 28:24. Humid as all hell out. I may need to start putting some time in on the treadmill as much as I dread it.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
somewhere between 5 and 6 tonight, although my watch died so I cant be certain.
Ran 1 x 400 and 2x 200 to work on turnover.
Came through the 400 in 60 seconds, which I am pretty happy about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads