• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
That makes it 4. I Have reached my limit.
haha. is it really a spray painted gold look? those look they would be hard to work in real life.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
haha. is it really a spray painted gold look? those look they would be hard to work in real life.

Nah, thats my iphones crappy flash effect. It's a distressed brown/gray. MMM calls it mud.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
People have been salivating over the Prada creepers for more than 3 months. If Skechers made the exact same shoe I would buy it. Dumb argument, Prada doesn't put **** out that is SF approved either

I've always loved Prada, my first "fashion" purchase was a Prada jacket from s/s 2009 and I still have it/love it. And that's saying a lot considering I've sold just about everything else
smile.gif

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Creep
The Prada creepers are interesting, although I wouldn't buy them, especially considering the price. I don't know, just overly trendy and seems to have too much going on with the design. Be aware... there are lots of fakes around.

How are they trendy? What trend are they adhering to? Just because something is weird/"fashiony" doesn't mean it's trendy.

Creep

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
How are they trendy? What trend are they adhering to? Just because something is weird/"fashiony" doesn't mean it's trendy.
You've heard it, you've seen the hype - perhaps fashiony would have been a better word choice.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
two pants and a shirt

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
two pants and a shirt

Unless you've been secretly shopping at Target again (more Hanes?), you're supposed to provide pics or at the very least a description!

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
By "trendy" I mean clothing that is seen as both modern and acceptable to their audience-- i.e. following the "trend" of what the mainstream believes is desirable/cool. Most stuff worn by male celebrities is trendy (more than fashion-y) since the concept of men embracing fashion is largely not accepted within the mainstream audience the celebrity strives to impress. But once a trend has been established, even something seemingly weird and fashion-y can be worn with impunity. Thus if Jude Law is seen wearing creepers this is a sign that the trend has already taken off somewhat. A good analogy is Katie Holmes foray into men's clothing. While many popular magazines were nearly casting her as the bold originator of this look, we all know this trend had been steadily gaining acceptance long before she was doing it. Just because the celebrity is closer to the leading edge of the trend, it does not change the fact that it is trendy.

defan

Reaction score
Picked these up today:
1468030109-1-grenson-william-unlined-brg-brown-lace-ups-contemporary.jpg

http://www.grenson.co.uk/william-721 I paid $210, they were on sale for Memorial Day. Thoughts (they're always returnable)? I'd been looking for a pair of brogues for a while, and I liked these and the price. They're no Alden or C&J but they seem pretty solid. They're certainly the nicest shoes I've ever owned. There were also some A. Testoni shoes on sale and some other brands.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
By "trendy" I mean clothing that is seen as both modern and acceptable to their audience- i.e. following the "trend" of what the mainstream believes is desirable/cool.

Most stuff worn by male celebrities is trendy (more than fashion-y) since the concept of men embracing fashion is largely not accepted within the mainstream audience the celebrity strives to impress. But once a trend has been established, even something seemingly weird and fashion-y can be worn with impunity. Thus if Jude Law is seen wearing creepers this is a sign that the trend has already taken off somewhat.

A good analogy is Katie Holmes foray into men's clothing. While many popular magazines were nearly casting her as the bold originator of this look, we all know this trend had been steadily gaining acceptance long before she was doing it. Just because the celebrity is closer to the leading edge of the trend, it does not change the fact that is trendy.

one of the few bb1 posts where the obligatory exclamation mark is nowhere to be found!
lol8[1].gif

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How much is the Prada creepers?
I remember last time I saw it at Neiman it's something like 695?
They only have orange/blue color I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads