Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

hey for what it's worth I like that jil bag a lot

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Espadrille part of the creepers is the best part.

I need a pair.

3. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Espadrille part of the creepers is the best part.

+1!

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Fortunately the exchange rate is not quite that bad yet. I paid $364 for two tees (delivered).

man you know the conditioning is high in me when i don't think that's actually too bad. find the design pretty boring, obviously though.

These creepers everyone keeps salivating over appear to smash 3 different conflicting aesthetics together: dressy dandy, yacht club preppy, and sporty sneakers.

I think that's part of the attraction. Everyone wants to dress up these days, but dress shoes are considered too formal for everyday wear. chunky longwings and these types of mashups bridge the gap.

I wouldn't wear a pair though.

not everyone can kop MMM boots and have a car, ivory tower bro

haha

5. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

If you're under about 5'10 and you wear those, everybody will be laughing behind your back as it looks like an attempt to boost your height.

If you're short you just have to roll with it and wear whatever and not worry about it. People might still hate but fuck em.

Instead what we have is an ungainly shoe with largely no identity and no negative stereotypes. Add to this neutral palette Jude Law wearing them and and influential boutiques selling them, helping everyone to associate positive imagery with the design. Suddenly they're fashionable!

This is really dismissive of a lot of fashion buyers, and the whole process of marketing and image creation and hype and so on. And I don't buy it.

I'm going to agree with BB1 - the Prada Creepers were slammed by a number of influential critic, and I think, for good reason. The shoe is a brogue sitting on top of an espadrille midsole, on top of an old school runners sole. It's just plain muddy design.

They look sexy though. You can give a description in words that will make it sound bad. The Achilles is just a white low profile trainer with a plain toe and derby lacing. They look really good to a number of people, and I don't think it's some nebulous 'fashion factor' so much as being striking and pretty and nailing the details.

these are close to the trendiest shoes I've ever seen. i dont think these will be 'cool' in 3 months.

Pretty sure they'll last longer than gunboat longwings and desert boots and shit, especially if you're not in the fashion circuit.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

People have been salivating over the Prada creepers for more than 3 months. If Skechers made the exact same shoe I would buy it. Dumb argument, Prada doesn't put shit out that is SF approved either

8. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

People have been salivating over the Prada creepers for more than 3 months. If Skechers made the exact same shoe I would buy it. Dumb argument, Prada doesn't put shit out that is SF approved either
    +1

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I can't say if it's a fad or not but isn't everything a fad these days? First GATs, then RO, etc...

Plus I don't think it'll go away anytime soon because it seems so difficult to get a pair, I'd understand if it becomes like GATs or ROs, in which everyone is supposed to be wearing although I think I've seen someone wearing painted GATs once irl. But these Prada creepers aren't going to be in every other wayw pic like the aforementioned brands.

10. Creep

Creep Member

The Prada creepers are interesting, although I wouldn't buy them, especially considering the price. I don't know, just overly trendy and seems to have too much going on with the design. Be aware... there are lots of fakes around.

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Buzz Rickson 1945 Khakis in camel [​IMG]

12. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

[​IMG]

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

how many mmm boots do you have now regis? i think i recall you having a few pairs.

15. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

how many mmm boots do you have now regis? i think i recall you having a few pairs.

That makes it 4. I Have reached my limit.