• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

bmms8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmms8
hey guys, i have a charcoal suit and a navy suit i will be wearing to two receptions. i have a light pink and a light blue H&M shirt to go along with each. all colors are solids. can you tell me what shirt would match with what suit, and what ties i should i looking for? i am trying to spend ~$20 or less per tie as i only wear them on these occasions which is not often, thanks!

anyone on this? thanks!

Miha28

Reaction score
I read a while ago about wearing a grey undershirt as it will not be as visible as a white one. Not really sure about what contrast of grey works the best?

Joffre1922

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am thinking about buys a pair of shoes from the reference list on the Ask Andy about clothes...
I am buying from U.S. So do i need to pay import tax?
thanks guys

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a charcoal suit and a navy suit i will be wearing to two receptions. i have a light pink and a light blue H&M shirt to go along with each. all colors are solids. can you tell me what shirt would match with what suit, and what ties i should i looking for? i am trying to spend ~$20 or less per tie as i only wear them on these occasions which is not often, thanks!

If you must match them up exclusively one-to-one, wear the pink shirt with the navy suit, and the light blue shirt with the charcoal suit. Buy a navy knit tie from thetiebar.com to wear with both. That will keep you under 20 dollars.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
Joffre, why are you asking here and not AAAC? Whatever. Can you provide a link to the reference list you're talking about? I don't understand your question at all.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miha28
I read a while ago about wearing a grey undershirt as it will not be as visible as a white one. Not really sure about what contrast of grey works the best?

I believe in undershirts it is usually called "heather gray". It is the lightest shade of gray. In case that you have darker skin try going with a slightly darker shade. Ideally you want the closest shade to your skin.

RyRy Suicide

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have tried a few other places but no one can give me an answer as to where I'd find a jacket like this one. (The guy in the middle with the officers hat)

If anyone has a website for something like that I'd be really happy. Thanks everyone.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anything works in this case. A navy tie with any of those combos.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyRy Suicide
Hey guys, I have tried a few other places but no one can give me an answer as to where I'd find a jacket like this one. (The guy in the middle with the officers hat) If anyone has a website for something like that I'd be really happy. Thanks everyone.
Lol @ that pic. It just looks like a pea-coat.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joffre1922
Hi guys, I am thinking about buys a pair of shoes from the reference list on the Ask Andy about clothes...
I am buying from U.S. So do i need to pay import tax?
thanks guys

You're buying from the US?

But where are you?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aqua.jpg

Can anyone date this suit for me?

YahtzeeFish

Reaction score
When is it appropriate to wear brown shoes ? When can and can't you wear them? I don't own a pair yet, where should I start?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YahtzeeFish
When is it appropriate to wear brown shoes ? When can and can't you wear them? I don't own a pair yet, where should I start?

Brown can be worn virtually anywhere, with anything except for black trousers.

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drøn
I've just bought a suit in silk and linen. The sleeves are about a 1/3" to long. Do you think that the wrinkels will make up for that, or do I have to have them hemmed?
anyone with experience on this?

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Is silk a suitable material for a summer jacket? I thought I read it wears warm, but I seem to be seeing a lot os silk SCs for sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads