Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I've got an appointment at lenscrafters tomorrow and I'll have to get some new eyeglasses. I've been wearing the same pair of thin-framed D&G glasses for like two years, so it's time for new ones.

I'm leaning towards these, but would like a few recommendations. Or should I just go with contacts?

Pic is what I usually dress like...except I'm not wearing glasses. (Yes, I know my hair is awful in this pic but I didn't take the time to fix it)

[​IMG]

I think the frames will work well with your face.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

so I had an 'accident' at lunch where I managed to get mustard all over my shirt and wool pants. Will the cleaners be able to remove said stains [​IMG]

Yes. Happened to me in the past but take them over the same day and tell them wher the stains are .

3. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

Brother of a bride, Black suit, white shirt, what type of tie should I wear (no bow ties at this wedding). I was thinking a solid black, is that too boring?

4. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Brother of a bride, Black suit, white shirt, what type of tie should I wear (no bow ties at this wedding). I was thinking a solid black, is that too boring?

You're supposed to be happy at a wedding. I'd keep the shirt .

5. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Can't tell, is this a 50L? I guess I just am not sure how to read it:

[​IMG]

Looks like a 40S.

Taglia 40. Stature Cor

6. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Did you mean a funeral? If so go ahead. Do NOT wear a black tie to a wedding.

7. Espresso

Espresso Senior member

What kind of price range are you looking at? Keep in mind good shoes are a must in a work environment. Check out Allen Edmonds as a start. You can find them on sale here & there. They're good quality, made in usa, and have a variety of styles.

Honestly, something just comfortable. Because I need the comfort for my feet. I want to feel/see a difference, as opposed to paying a premium for a brand.

I'll look around. there. I just dont want to keep replacing shoes that have the sole fall off, or catch scuffs really easy. Most of all, I want the comfort.

8. dasai

dasai Senior member

Too sombre. Unless your sister is also deceased, ditch the black (both suit and tie). Go for a charcoal or navy suit and a tastefully-patterned tie.

I'll look around. there. I just dont want to keep replacing shoes that have the sole fall off, or catch scuffs really easy. Most of all, I want the comfort.
    The advantage of good quality dress shoes is that soles can be replaced and most scuffs will polish out. There is a break-in period, but the shoes last longer when taken care of, and will feel just fine as long as the fit is good. [​IMG]

9. Hornswaggler

Hornswaggler Well-Known Member

Any recommendations on a decent navy suit (possibly w/a subtle pinstripe) for under $400? I'm trying to fix my wardrobe, and am planning on getting a suit made in a couple months, but need something to be able to wear in two weeks. Since I'm not that excited about navy as a color, I figure that would be something to buy off the rack. (I have a couple 38Rs I bought back in the day that I swim in now -- I've started running marathons, and what were already a bit big before look thoroughly ridiculous now.)

Here's where things get tricky -- I'm 6', have short arms (I have a BB blazer that fits me well and is a 36S), and a 31 x 30 trouser size.

Thanks!

10. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Can someone give me a quick reply as to what the fuss is about Mabitex/Incotex?

Do they have superior fit/construction/feel? I've yet to see a pair IRL, so not sure whether to jump onto the hype bandwagon yet. [​IMG]

Thx

11. epilepc

epilepc Well-Known Member

Hi guys, my prom date is wearing red D; what should I wear with a black suit to match? red vest and red tie? white vest/tie, red pocket square... silver vest/tie, red pocket square... I really don't know :\\ Any help in pulling this off would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

(also what difference from 100% wool does a wool/silk blend make? is it worse/better, warmer/cooler..)

12. dron

dron Senior member

I've just bought a suit in silk and linen. The sleeves are about a 1/3" to long. Do you think that the wrinkels will make up for that, or do I have to have them hemmed?

13. Brave

Brave Member

Hello guys! I have one question. How to wear these pants ? It's kind of purple. Bought them in Massimo Dutti 2 weeks ago. I could imagine it just in mix with white shirt. Any advice would be great! Picture attached. Thank you.
    [​IMG]

14. bmms8

bmms8 Active Member

hey guys, i have a charcoal suit and a navy suit i will be wearing to two receptions. i have a light pink and a light blue H&M shirt to go along with each. all colors are solids. can you tell me what shirt would match with what suit, and what ties i should i looking for? i am trying to spend ~$20 or less per tie as i only wear them on these occasions which is not often, thanks!

15. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

Can someone give me a quick reply as to what the fuss is about Mabitex/Incotex?

Do they have superior fit/construction/feel? I've yet to see a pair IRL, so not sure whether to jump onto the hype bandwagon yet. [​IMG]

Thx

They are very slim. Though there been 2 threads about their tendencies to bust at the seat seams when bending down.