1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Hey guys, I'm kind of freaked out; I sent out a Gitman shirt to Austrailia via USPS priority mail cept it has no trackiing or anything. I sent it out Oct 24th and the buyer just pmed me today that he hasn't recieved the shirt yet.. Is there anything i can do? Could it be stuck at the customs? I am also not sure if there is insurance on it... fuck me...

Shit really should have chosen express mail for the extra 15...

2. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Priority Intl packages usually has a tracking number and you should be able to track it both at the USPS and Aus Post site.

IME, if it hasn't reached by now, it probably isn't getting there at all.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. Master Milano

It just has a Customs form # on it ; is that tracking? Yeah I am kind of worried of that too, what should I do if it doesn't get there? How should the payment thing work...?

Thank you!

Edit: Tracking is not available for the Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box, but is an available added service for Priority Mail International Medium or Large Flat Rate Boxes.
    Insurance is not available for the Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box, but is an available added service for Priority Mail International Medium or Large Flat Rate Boxes.

I'm screwed. I used a small...

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

It is a long number followed by US at the end. Put that in the USPS site and see ...

something like this
    CQ352920033US

5. Master Milano

It says acceptance on the 24th, and processed through a USPS sort factory on the 25th but ends after that? Has it been sent out?

6. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I never ship anything USPS if I have another option, FedEx is my primary choice and they have never let me down. I am not sure if you can send via FedEx internationally though.

Best of luck to you, I am currently struggling to not get scammed by an Ebay buyer and thankfully I sent the item via FedEx and have all the appropriate tracking information.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

edited

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. Master Milano

Thanks, I think i made a rookie mistake and will probably have to take the hit. There is might be a slight possibility that the shirt was actually recieved... but the correspondence between us has been great so I highly doubt it...

9. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

Can anyone give me some thoughts/critisim about these loafers? They are a little beat up, and need to be resoled, so when I bring them into get resoled is there anything else (besides for a polish) that I can have the shop do to improve them in anyway?

[​IMG]

10. Philip

Philip Senior member

I wouldn't worry just yet, USPS can be horrible with intl depending on what sorting facility it goes through. Normally it takes me two weeks+ to get a package from NY to AUS because it can spend over a week just sitting in the sorting facility.

And as suggested before defs go with FEDEX next time if buyer can afford because FEDEX do intl shipping

11. Philip

Philip Senior member

So I had a couple of ties waitlisted at park&pond, they're still on my list in my account but they've disappeared on the site when i search for them,. Does anyone know what this means?

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

how would this pair for the evening:

[​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]

with a gray suit+black cap toe AE. finish off with white PS

13. acecow

acecow Senior member

14. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

15. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

16. msza

msza Senior member

Just bought a watch with a goldtone case and now feel a little silly about it. Would you feel embarrased about a goldtone case on your watch? What about Roman Numerals?

Pictured here: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...yID=57376#fn=sp=1&spc=126&ruleId=64&slotId=30

IRL the band looks burnt orange, which I thought looked neat with the gold coloring. But I dont want to come across as someone trying to seem rich.

Thanks

17. tc20

tc20 Senior member

Stuck between suit opens here.

I want a dark gray shiny suit....

Do i go with a Prada one I found or Do I continue to search with my Astor and Black Clothier and get another custom suit which are average suits?

Im guessing the Prada suit is better quality? i think?....I just like astor and black bc I can design my own suit.

???

18. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Gold tone is fine. Roman numerals are okay. I'm not crazy about the watch face. Check out some Seiko 5s in that price range. Doubtful anyone will think you are trying to appear rich.

19. smartperson

smartperson New Member

20. Philip

Philip Senior member

where can i get good quality women's brogues?