Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bmms8

bmms8 Active Member

hey guys, i have a charcoal suit and a navy suit i will be wearing to two receptions. i have a light pink and a light blue H&M shirt to go along with each. all colors are solids. can you tell me what shirt would match with what suit, and what ties i should i looking for? i am trying to spend ~$20 or less per tie as i only wear them on these occasions which is not often, thanks!

anyone on this? thanks!

2. Miha28

Miha28 Active Member

I read a while ago about wearing a grey undershirt as it will not be as visible as a white one. Not really sure about what contrast of grey works the best?

3. Joffre1922

Joffre1922 New Member

Hi guys, I am thinking about buys a pair of shoes from the reference list on the Ask Andy about clothes...
    I am buying from U.S. So do i need to pay import tax?
    thanks guys

4. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

hey guys, i have a charcoal suit and a navy suit i will be wearing to two receptions. i have a light pink and a light blue H&M shirt to go along with each. all colors are solids. can you tell me what shirt would match with what suit, and what ties i should i looking for? i am trying to spend ~$20 or less per tie as i only wear them on these occasions which is not often, thanks!

If you must match them up exclusively one-to-one, wear the pink shirt with the navy suit, and the light blue shirt with the charcoal suit. Buy a navy knit tie from thetiebar.com to wear with both. That will keep you under 20 dollars.

5. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

Joffre, why are you asking here and not AAAC? Whatever. Can you provide a link to the reference list you're talking about? I don't understand your question at all.

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I read a while ago about wearing a grey undershirt as it will not be as visible as a white one. Not really sure about what contrast of grey works the best?

I believe in undershirts it is usually called "heather gray". It is the lightest shade of gray. In case that you have darker skin try going with a slightly darker shade. Ideally you want the closest shade to your skin.

7. RyRy Suicide

RyRy Suicide New Member

Hey guys, I have tried a few other places but no one can give me an answer as to where I'd find a jacket like this one. (The guy in the middle with the officers hat)

If anyone has a website for something like that I'd be really happy. Thanks everyone.
    [​IMG]

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anything works in this case. A navy tie with any of those combos.

9. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Hey guys, I have tried a few other places but no one can give me an answer as to where I'd find a jacket like this one. (The guy in the middle with the officers hat) If anyone has a website for something like that I'd be really happy. Thanks everyone.
    Lol @ that pic. It just looks like a pea-coat.

10. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Hi guys, I am thinking about buys a pair of shoes from the reference list on the Ask Andy about clothes...
    I am buying from U.S. So do i need to pay import tax?
    thanks guys

You're buying from the US?

But where are you?

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

[​IMG]

Can anyone date this suit for me?

12. YahtzeeFish

YahtzeeFish Member

When is it appropriate to wear brown shoes ? When can and can't you wear them? I don't own a pair yet, where should I start?

13. onix

onix Senior member

When is it appropriate to wear brown shoes ? When can and can't you wear them? I don't own a pair yet, where should I start?

Brown can be worn virtually anywhere, with anything except for black trousers.

14. dron

dron Senior member

I've just bought a suit in silk and linen. The sleeves are about a 1/3" to long. Do you think that the wrinkels will make up for that, or do I have to have them hemmed?
    anyone with experience on this?

15. BoomDiggs

BoomDiggs Senior member

Is silk a suitable material for a summer jacket? I thought I read it wears warm, but I seem to be seeing a lot os silk SCs for sale.