• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well to be fair, at this point i should just switch my bb off when I go playing. Seems I have these crappy rounds only when im still taking calls and answering email when playing. Then again, if i did i wouldnt be able to play during the week....

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first round of the year was yesterday.

so hot and cold.

shanked about every approach shot within 100 yards. expected that. putting was solid, but greens were slow and could be aggressive. for public safety, the driver was sheathed and used my 3 iron for tee shots which was the right move except for one of the longer par 5s. missed only 2 fairways, one being the par 5 i used driver on.

i managed to eagle a par 5 by pitching one in from 60 yards, then followed up with a 7 on the easiest par 3.

i'll take a 45 on a windy, **** day for the first round of the year.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wreckin it on the driving range today..i can't wait to play tomorrow.

edit: man i fail so hard... i played well for the first 6 holes (+3 over)... then it went downhill from there... ended up with 5 double pars...

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle

edit: man i fail so hard... i played well for the first 6 holes (+3 over)... then it went downhill from there... ended up with 5 double pars...

Ouch.

Hopefully getting to play tomorrow. Supposed to be a gorgeous day.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle

I feel your pain. I went out yesterday paired up with some "good" golfers. I started bogey, par, par. Sometimes I trick people into thinking I'm a good golfer. But then I forgot how to make a golf swing for the next 8 holes. My legs felt disconnected from my arms in my swing and I completely lost my tempo. I found it again on the back nine and finished alright, but it was ugly in the middle.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overcast, coldish, and 30+mph winds are probably going to keep me off the course today.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
I feel your pain. I went out yesterday paired up with some "good" golfers. I started bogey, par, par. Sometimes I trick people into thinking I'm a good golfer. But then I forgot how to make a golf swing for the next 8 holes. My legs felt disconnected from my arms in my swing and I completely lost my tempo. I found it again on the back nine and finished alright, but it was ugly in the middle.

that's what happened to me, except i couldn't recover. I didn't get anything less than a double bogey each hole... ended up with +40... i wanted to strangle myself.

.bishop

Reaction score
i played at my local course saturday morning at 0700, the guys there let me jump infront of some of the older guys who were tee'd off on 1, so I had an open course. I was able to play each hole with 4 balls, playing the worst of the two. through 17 holes, i managed only 3 bogeys with playing all the balls i hit. many birdies and pars.

i was using my new r11 driver, and OMG <3<3 best investment.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Which courses have you been playing at?

I've only played Shoal Creek once, but it was really soggy. Still liked the layout though.

Playing Painted Hills today. Just trying to get out on teh course for cheap with a few friends.

Got any suggestions/reviews?

.bishop

Reaction score
playing bull run cc here in the dc area at 0204. this is a gambling round with a few buddies. time to make some $$

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .bishop
playing bull run cc here in the dc area at 0204. this is a gambling round with a few buddies. time to make some $$

If you play like you did the other day, you should be good to go. I always play better when there is some cash on the line

.bishop

Reaction score
I play better with pressure. 1st tee box is my favorite when ppl are watching. I miss golf matches for a purpose :p

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
Golf is a stupid FCKING game. I am obsessed and a 4 hdcp but sometimes I wish I'd never started. Main point today is some of the stupid rules! Web Simpson was robbed out of a victory this weekend because his ball moved after he addressed it. He was assessed a one stroke penatly allowing the SD playoff to continue and he eventually lost to Bubba Watson. I think some of the rules are toooooooooo penal and out of balance with some of the others!!!! Some one needs to re-evaluate the rules.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads