• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my new order today, 32 Slim guy Indigo Selvedge, and they are still a bit loose in the waist. But my package is actually being hugged in these, I feel that if I go another size down then they will be suffocating. What do you guys think? I still have some space in the back and front, and when I sit down I know if my shirt comes up you can see my briefs.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
I got my new order today, 32 Slim guy Indigo Selvedge, and they are still a bit loose in the waist. But my package is actually being hugged in these, I feel that if I go another size down then they will be suffocating. What do you guys think? I still have some space in the back and front, and when I sit down I know if my shirt comes up you can see my briefs.

You're grabbing a lot of jeans, dude, hope you're returning the ones that don't fit, lol.

IMO you should size one down, they are indeed suffocating at the start. They're really uncomfortable for the first day or so, should gradually get better. After a while, they'll fit perfectly and you'll forget them ever being that rigid/tight.

You could stick to these right now, but you'd have to be content with forever having to wear a belt, and not having a perfect fit.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please stop talking about your crotch

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
You're grabbing a lot of jeans, dude, hope you're returning the ones that don't fit, lol.

IMO you should size one down, they are indeed suffocating at the start. They're really uncomfortable for the first day or so, should gradually get better. After a while, they'll fit perfectly and you'll forget them ever being that rigid/tight.

You could stick to these right now, but you'd have to be content with forever having to wear a belt, and not having a perfect fit.

My thighs are 22.5 inches in circumference when standing, if that helps in helping me in any way.

lol I am definitely returning the ones that dont fit, I think the last order was about $700 or more and I will be returning it this weekend. See I am scared that If I go another size down they really wont fit, ever. But I will take your advice and order a size 31 lol. I do not like my jeans to fit like next to skin, I do want them a little bit loose but just a little, but I do not want the waist to be loose. So in other words, I want some groin/thigh/calf space.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
please stop talking about your crotch

plain.gif

lol what can I say man.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll tell you right now, if they're not uncomfortable in the crotch they will stretch out too big for you. they should fit 1 to 2 sizes too small in the waist and break into a proper fit

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain.gif

lol what can I say man.

I don't know how you like your denim to fit but I have the exact same measurement in the thigh and wearing 31 WGs right now. They're my favorite thus far and probably going to order another pair.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thighs are 22.5 inches in circumference when standing, if that helps in helping me in any way.

lol I am definitely returning the ones that dont fit, I think the last order was about $700 or more and I will be returning it this weekend. See I am scared that If I go another size down they really wont fit, ever. But I will take your advice and order a size 31 lol. I do not like my jeans to fit like next to skin, I do want them a little bit loose but just a little, but I do not want the waist to be loose. So in other words, I want some groin/thigh/calf space.

You don't want a skin-tight pair of jeans, but that's only how they'll be at the start. Just wear them around the house if you don't want to be seen in such tight jeans, the point is they'll eventually stretch. Relax.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rule of thumb is that if you can button it...you're good. If you got room, you go down.

If you can get your entire mass in between the denim, then it will stretch out until the desired fit.

It sounds elementary, but it simply won't stretch if you can get them past your thighs...but if you can get they top button on, then science will do the rest...

C-Note

Reaction score
I saw the Linen Blend denim for the first time today, they are WAY softer than I thought they'd be. lol They're practically soft enough to sleep in like pajamas or something so I know they'd be comfortable, but really suited for summer and probably little more like most others have said.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by C-Note
I saw the Linen Blend denim for the first time today, they are WAY softer than I thought they'd be. lol They're practically soft enough to sleep in like pajamas or something so I know they'd be comfortable, but really suited for summer and probably little more like most others have said.

I really want to see how they're like IRL. The raised denim used to be the most comfortable I had, but I sold those off.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I don't like my jeans to stick to me, but I want them fitted. Straight cut I would say. I wear a 33 in BB Milano and I like how those fit. If I can get a pair of jeans to fit a little bit looser than those it would be perfect. Since the 32 slim had space in the waist I am going to order a pair of the 31 slims. I can only imagine how tight they are going to be on the package and legs but I will take the advice you guys have given me. As long as I do not look like I am wearing girl pants after a month of wearing them at home I will be happy. If not I will have all of you banned...lol wish me luck guys. I think I have spent 1k on try on jeans this month lol I think NM wants their stock back.

Posted via Tapatalk

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does every pair of jeans stretch equally or does raw denim stretch more?

Posted via Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads